An Anthro deck started by someone

HudsonGray

They've got 4 cards done now, but only 3 shown on the live-journal site. Not sure if they mean to finish all the majors though. I don't think any anthro decks have been done before, at least I've never seen any. (Anthro=Anthropomorphic animal, part human part animal in appearance).

http://www.livejournal.com/users/naryu/107143.html

Inana

The cards look very good. Its an interesting idea, but I only can see three of them. I like the High Priestess. Thanks for sharing the link.

allibee

HudsonGray said:
(Anthro=Anthropomorphic animal, part human part animal in appearance).

Oh dear, not wishing to be picky, but Anthropomorphic actually means attributing human characteristics to an animal, God or object ...
as in a moose sitting on the toilet reading the sunday paper, LOL, or a crab in a sunchair with a sun hat on, fanning itself, enjoying a nice cocktail with a paper umbrella in, or the Lions football team... but hey, that's probably what you meant anyway, LOL

Inana

Let me be fussy... })

Anthropomorphic comes from the ancient greek:
Anthropos= human or person + Morphe = Shape

Strictly speaking means something that has the shape of a human body or a human appeareance. After the word has been used to attribute human characteristics to animals, objects, gods, plants, etc...

Half human-half animal is called zooanthropomorphic. (Zoo=animal).

Sorry but I needed to use the greek lessons in high school for something... :p

allibee

Inana said:

Sorry but I needed to use the greek lessons in high school for something... :p

Likewise... Homer rules!

(actually Morphe = 'form', but lets not quibble, LOL)

HudsonGray

Greek... Hmm, so when is all that Algebra that I learned in school supposed to help me out? Huh?

Actually, 'Anthro' in the sf groups covers a huge range, basically anything mostly animal with just a hint of human to 98% human with a hint of animal (if it's done right). So everybody is right.

I couldn't find that 4th card either, but the artist says they've done 4 so maybe they didn't post one.