Animal Messages

Rhiannon

The other night I was driving home at 2:30 a.m. and I saw an opossum on the side of the road. And for once, it wasn't a dead one. He was just standing there looking at me.... I noticed that he looked like someone who had just walked out of their bedroom with pajamas and no slippers. His back feet, front feet and face were bare. The rest was all furry.

OK, what's my point?

This was an unusual sighting for me. I've never seen a LIVE opossum before. So.... the next day I looked him up on a website about totem animals. I wanted to see what his medicine was. (And someone is borrowing my Medicine Cards). The medicine of the opossum is "Acting, playing dead". He is a good actor and he also has low calcium.

So, I'm thinking that he showed up to tell me to check my calcium (I've been doing the Atkins diet and you don't get any kind of milk product but cheese). And to tell me that at my upcoming re-union that I will be faced with people who are trying to put on a good front. Also, that I may be doing the same thing (I'm going to try to be honest, really I am).

Anyone else get messages from animals like this?

R :)

jade

you are sooo like me heehee i always check out the message that animals are bringing to me.

strategy is needed in some present situation. you are going to need your brain to get you out of a 'tight corner'.

in light,
jade

midnightmerry

This is so weird that I found this link at this particular time because for the past two days, a kingfisher bird has been making darn sure I see him when I'm out walking my dog. We have a 6 acre pond across the street with a walking path & this bird just showed up. He always makes sure he flies in front of me or lands close to where me & my dog are. We have all kinds of bird life around here, so I see birds all the time, but I've gotten the distinct impression that this particular kingfisher wants us to know he is there!

I looked on the site suggested for totem animals & didn't see the kingfisher, but if anyone has any knowledge about this, please post.

Thanks.

starfish66

I had an encounter today. I was at the bank in the drive-trhu lane and the BIGGEST seagull I have ever seen landed on the hood of my fan, walked right up to the window and started pecking at it! It stopped, looked directly at me, and then took off. The teller commented to me via the speaker that it was the strangest thing she's seen of late.

Any ideas?

:TPP Starfish

midnightmerry

Well, in trying to answer my own post, I found a site that has a lot of animal lore on it. This is what it said about the Kingfisher:

Kingfisher:
Halcyon days, peace & prosperity, linked to the North, blue

This is *very* good news!

Also, I found this animal totem generator! It's apparently based on British animals, but it is fun nonetheless:

http://website.lineone.net/~crowseed/totem/totem.html

My animal was the rabbit.

SherryZoned

I am the trout...says I should only eat that...ugh I dont think I can...I have not had any experiences with animals giving me messages...maybe i should pay attention better...

Rhiannon

Generator - I'm got a Spider!

"Spider - If we were ever to find life on an alien planet, surely it could be no weirder than the spider. If you have ever seen baby spiders launching themselves from the nest on their mini parachutes, you would be hard pressed to think of anything more awesomely touching.

The spider also holds the secret of the silk, the toughest fibrous substance known to Nature. The spider's patience in spinning the web and waiting there for a aerial gift is legendary, and the spider will share the secrets of this marvellous patience with you.

The spider is also an astral dreamer, and can take you on incredible journeys through outer space. If you show dedication, courage and honour then the spider will show you unimaginable wonders.

You should certainly never kill a spider, nor allow anyone else to do so. "

The explanation in the Medicine Cards is that the Spider is the teacher. She spun the alphabet in her web.

R :)

truthsayer

i'm glad i saw this thread. i saw a fox while returning from a workshop on shamanism and journeying. s/he turned and looked at me then went into the bushes. it had a reddish head and brownish body. i meant to look it up when i got home. now i just did in my ted andrews book. it's fascinating! fox is the feminine magic of camouflage, shapeshifting and invisibility. it's tarot card is the world. i'm going to study this b/c i think it applies to some situations going on in my life right now.