Anybody ever take a correspondence class to learn Tarot?

All Is One

GMB....sorry to hear that you feel stuck! I'm sure you've tried this, but just in case....have you got "78 Degrees of Wisdom" by Rachel Pollack? How about Jana Rileys "The Tarot Book" and her "Tarot Dictionary and Compendium?"

These are huge helps to me. The Process is also very good.

I seriously doubt I'll ever take a correspondence course, but DB sent me a link to a tarot meet up in New York that happens over the course of three days. Mary K. Greer and Rachel Pollack are involved. I lost the link.....DB, will you share that link on here when you see this?

It's interesting just to read about. New York is too far for me to go, but I'd love to make it if that were possible.

Dancinbear

Here is the link that AIO asked about. It is The Reader's Studio and is being held the last weekend of April.

Reader's Studio

They only have 300 seats and sold out last year by November 15th. They even let you pay for it over a 5 month period which I took advantage of.

GMB, there is also a sight you may not be aware of. It is Meet Up. You can look for people in your area that have similar interests and start your own group. There may even be a tarot study group in your area that you're unaware of.

Hope this helps.

All Is One

Thanks, DB. ;~)

Feretian

Two really interesting sites! Thanks, Dancinbear :heart:

GreenMoonBeam

AIO,, no not those books. REALLY strapped for money,tbh. Trying to work out
exactly what books to have.:love:

DancinBear, I will check those links.:love:

GMB!:):

Dancinbear

Took the plunge...

Well I decided to go for it. I signed up for The Tarot School course. I like to read about a subject to learn everything I can about it. This course also includes information about astrology and numerology, two subjects I know little about. I should get the first set of materials sometime next week. I'll let everybody know what I think about it.

GreenMoonBeam

:thumbsup: Way to go DancinBear. Enjoy :love:

Ravenswing

good move

I've had the honor of a couple of years' worth of swapping viewpoints and insights with Wald. He is an amazing man.

Raven

LightTraveller

Hunsmire, I'm also a BOTA student, although I confess I have been away from my studies for about three times as long as you've been at it -- "fallen by the wayside", as they say. You're probably well into Tarot Fundamentals at this point. I particularly like that one, and have used it and Intro often for review. You're right, it's about inner esoteric work. Anyone looking for a course on how to read Tarot will be disappointed in the BOTA material. I think these courses may help with that kind of use, but that's not at all the main focus.

I've decided to get back to those studies (again). I have been deeply involved in preparing for a certain event that took place last week, and so I'm *quite* ready for a change of pace! I'd be interested in discussing the BOTA work, but that's another thread for another forum section.

You mentioned AASR... does that mean you are a fellow traveller?

DB, I attend the Tarot Meetup here in Bloomington (Indiana) when I can. Definitely worth it, as we have a good, substantial and diverse group here.

Hunsmire

LightTraveller said:
You mentioned AASR... does that mean you are a fellow traveller?

Brother, I serve in the Valley of Norwood, NMJ as the MoC.

I've noticed some parallels between the Master Craftsman course and some of the BOTA material.

I've found that one has to use discipline in the BOTA studies, just like everything else that a good craftsman wishes to master; sometimes maintaining that discipline can be a challenge.