Anyone reading Tarot Shadow Work (Using the Dark Symbols to heal) by Christine Jette

tarot4fun

I wonder if anyone else is enjoying using this book for their tarot meditations and soul searching? I find it very helpful.

Lewen

I haven't yet, this is one book I have on my "to get" list. What have you found helpful so far?

Gayla

It's on the top of my To Read stack...

What do you like about it thus far?

Sinduction

I've read the first couple of chapters. Will be starting it in a month, after graduation. I can't wait.

tarot4fun

What I like about this book.

Lewen said:
...What have you found helpful so far?
Having done 'shadow work' for a couple of years, I am glad to have found this book at a time when I am getting to the root of childhood fears.

Gayla said:
...What do you like about it thus far?
I have found Ms. Jette to have a kind and gentle manner. She has some different ideas on tarot meditations that I like.

HOLMES

i must say

the shadow work of this book is very very hard ,, and I don't know anyone here on the board who has actually finished it.
heck i didnt' finish it myself eheh.

but her other books are excellent,, especially her book on professional tarot.
that is an eye opener.

the first few spreads in tarot shadow breaks you down.. but then aftewards it builds you back up.

tarot4fun

Hard work brings good results!

HOLMES said:
the shadow work of this book is very very hard...
I suppose when first beginning 'shadow work' any book or single exercise would seem hard.

Just beginning the process is courageous, and who is to say when shadow work is done??? We all have our own lives to live and demons to face. Maybe just picking up the book every once in a while is as good for some as plowing through the whole thing is for others.

Thanks for your comment - see you around! ;)

huredriel

HOLMES said:
the shadow work of this book is very very hard ,, and I don't know anyone here on the board who has actually finished it.
heck i didnt' finish it myself eheh.

but her other books are excellent,, especially her book on professional tarot.
that is an eye opener.

the first few spreads in tarot shadow breaks you down.. but then aftewards it builds you back up.
Interesting Holmes, I have this book ........ read it through ...... did the first Chapter ....... and then :eek: ....... stopped :( ...... keep telling myself I must get back to it. It was highly recommended to me, although as you say, not something for the faint hearted!

amaretta

HOLMES said:

I've done it all. But the full cycle took a lot of time (about a year).
And I have to say it was the great experience.

Skydancer

Hmmm ... I seem to be with a few of you folks here; I started it, skipped around a bit, love the ideas presented, but then stopped. That was well over a year ago. Two? I am now writing out my personal history for my children and am discovering emotions coming up ... and I haven't even begun to go into any details yet. Just the bare bones of when I lived where as a youngster.

Gesh - funny this thread should show up at this time. I just began writing the timeline last weekend.

So - I guess I better go get the book off the Tarot Shelf upstairs and start in again. Thanks to the powers that be for bringing this back to my attention. :)
*S*