Apologizing to your guides

pageofswords9110

So I noticed my guides and even a certain spirit has stopped communicating with me these last couple of months. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why though. But I've found out it's because I wasn't listening to their advice. So I guess they've decided to let me make my own mistakes. Within the last couple of days though I've been coming closer to making a decision about a certain situation. And I'm noticing my guides are back �� I was just wondering has anyone ever had to apologize to their guides for not listening and and ask for forgiveness?

Padma

That would sound to me like manipulative behaviour on the part of your spirit guides - giving you the "silent treatment"! Sounds like unlikely behaviour from a spiritually evolved guide, to be frank. It also sounds like you feel guilty or bad about the choices you've made ;)

My own thinking about guides is that they have other tasks to attend to as well as looking out for us. Perhaps they were also busy with other things, just like even the most supportive friends can be. Or perhaps you simply weren't listening closely enough to hear them speak, or you weren't paying attention. Ultimately, the choices you make in your life are your own, no matter who or what guides/influences those choices.

I don't think your guides abandoned you, and I don't think asking forgiveness is required in order for them to help you. But these are just my own personal opinions on the matter; what counts is how *you* feel about it all. It's happening within your spirit, your life, and your head and heart, so it is best to follow your own inclinations on the matter, I would say. :heart:

Alissa

Guide work is like a reference library of many books. Would you apologize to a book because you didn't heed its wisdom when initially imparted? Or would you go back and "re-read" the book to see how you can improve your methodology?

Ultimately I believe it has to come from Love, and Love may be humble but I don't think it is meant to manipulate us on our spiritual journey through silence and intimidation.

celticnoodle

I agree with both posts above. You do not need to apologize to your guides and I also believe your guides are always with you when you need them or call to them. If you are not feeling them or hearing them when you ask for their guidance, perhaps it is just that you are not recognizing they are there.

Our guides, as was mentioned already are all love energy and this includes having much patience with us too. They would not abandon you or get mad at you or try to "teach you a lesson".

So perhaps it is just you, yourself...being upset and impatient with yourself and thus tuning out the spiritual guides you have with you.

headincloud

I've found guides rarely volunteer advice, they have to be asked, they never interfere and don't expect us to line up with their will, free will is the name of the game. I once asked why my guide keeps letting me make mistakes and it was explained that a guide is similar to parent or guardian, they can't make your mistakes for you, they walk behind rather than in front following our lead.

A guide is a lifelong friend that will never betray you, I trust mine with my life, literally, though it's taken many years to build that trust, they know you better than you know yourself.

If you can't sense them around you it could be because you're not high enough and they can't get through during certain periods but they would never abandon you or punish you to manipulate you, it's your life.

Awkward.turtle91

I agree with everyone else they supposedly love you unconditionally.

I don't feel there's any need to apologise. I also agree that it might be due to frustrations as to why your guides are being blocked out. It could also be trying to hard as well.

Relax and don't worry meditate and clear your mind see if that helps :).

When that happens to me I tend to take a break from things even tarot. For a couple of weeks.
X

anie

I've found guides rarely volunteer advice, they have to be asked, they never interfere and don't expect us to line up with their will, free will is the name of the game. I once asked why my guide keeps letting me make mistakes and it was explained that a guide is similar to parent or guardian, they can't make your mistakes for you, they walk behind rather than in front following our lead.

A guide is a lifelong friend that will never betray you, I trust mine with my life, literally, though it's taken many years to build that trust, they know you better than you know yourself.

If you can't sense them around you it could be because you're not high enough and they can't get through during certain periods but they would never abandon you or punish you to manipulate you, it's your life.

What Headincloud says is also true for me.
I will add that i do thank them as i begin my meditation now. I ask to be surrounded by the protective light and then I begin with a thank you.
It makes me feel better anyways... :)

SunChariot

So I noticed my guides and even a certain spirit has stopped communicating with me these last couple of months. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why though. But I've found out it's because I wasn't listening to their advice. So I guess they've decided to let me make my own mistakes. Within the last couple of days though I've been coming closer to making a decision about a certain situation. And I'm noticing my guides are back �� I was just wondering has anyone ever had to apologize to their guides for not listening and and ask for forgiveness?

I find that if I REALLY stop listening for a time, yes the communications come. But I don't see it as them being upset or angry in any way with me. I don't know if it's that they decided to let me make my own mistakes.

Just that its useless to keep giving advice to someone if you know they will not listen. Imagine it was you. And you kept trying to help someone who refused to listen for months and months and months. Likely after a while you would see that you were having no effect and stop until such time as they are willing to listen again.

But I do think they understand. If we are not listening they know we are doing our best. Maybe we are over-stressed, or scared to change things, or just plain not ready to hear it. They are not going to tell us something we are not ready for. They will patiently wait until we are.

And they get it. They understand exactly where we are in our lives, they don't expect us to be perfect and never make mistakes or have moods or be scared to face certain things. Or to not even want to look at certain things at certain times or to be in denial. They see us just as we are, and always love us beyond measure for just what we are at all times.

They are always here to help anytime we want their help. But they will not impose it on us if we don't. If we don't listen we are saying that we don't want that advice right now. Then when we do, they will come back with it. Timing is everything. You can't help someone until they want that help. They have to be ready for it first, or it's useless.

Another thing I have found in my own personal life is that when I get very scared or worried, I can't perceive them as well. Even though I believe they are there trying to guide me. I believe it's because their message come through the realm of love-based energy which is a very high vibrational kind of energy. But when I give in to a lot of worry, then I am in a fear-based energy which runs on a much much lower energy level. When on a really low level it;s harder to perceive energy sent to us on a higher vibrational level (such as that of our guides...) Almost as if it's a coming through on a wave length we can't access. Or as if it's coming as a sound too high to be heard by our ears at that time. If that makes sense and if I explained myself well. I believe this happens too sometimes.

That is how I see it.

Babs

SunChariot

That too. They don't try to run our lives. If we want help we need to ask for it first most times. Although it comes of it's own if we are about to do something that might harm us and we don't realize it.

Babs

Tanga

Hmm. Interesting.

When I don't "hear" mine - it's because I'm overwhelmed with everything else in my mundane world, and can no longer "hear" them - if you see what I mean?
- when I'm really struggling with a problem, and/or ill/exhausted and have fallen out of the meditative and contemplative practices that help "switch on" my "other" senses.

They never sulk and stop talking. :)

They are not the "holy-er than thou" that require bowing and scraping if I'm being an ass. Lol. They are a part of me.
They're like my buddies that may raise an eyebrow and laugh at me - and it's up to when I shut up - within myself - that I'm then able to hear them again.

This has been my experience over time.
I have had periods where I've thought - "where is everybody?? - what's happening? - why do I feel as if all these things have never been??".
I figured out it's because of the aforementioned happening.
So - I don't worry about it anymore when it does happen.
All life - is about cycles. :heart: :heart: