are comics a new medium for tarot?

Little Hare

I Actually wish there were more comic book type decks

raventepes

Ebay has a deck going right now...$10 US currency. I think I'm gonna watch it and see if I can snag it at the last moment

ArcanoMáximo

hmmm...very, very interesting!

Strange2

Thanks for the notice on this series!

Interesting to see where this leads, especially in the stated goal to "establish the status quo and ground rules for Magic in the Marvel Universe". Being a long time comic fan, particularly those with magical/mystic themes (e.g., Dr. Strange), it's good to see Tarot concepts explored in this medium.

room

I mentioned this before to the Kabbalah crowd on this forum, who were perhaps horrified that I wasn't taking it all seriously. There are many paths to learning and expanding one's knowledge, which can take less serious paths. Besides, the art is incredible, as is the word play. The Weeping Gorilla schtick and the Five Swell Guys is priceless.

I speak of Alan Moore's enjoyable "Promethea" series.
Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promethea

And peace pixie--have you investigated the Fradella Adventure Tarot by US Games? One of the finest deck and book sets. Surprising.

My favourite Marvel character apart from Spidey was Thor.

ArcanoMáximo

Hey, i knew about it :)!
In fact i have a page from Promethea published at my weblog,
but it has so much digital art in there that i don't know if take it as a comic book at all!
But is a wonderful serie the same!

room

ArcanoMáximo said:
Hey, i knew about it :)!
In fact i have a page from Promethea published at my weblog,

Aha! I don't understand why it's not more popular--maybe it's as the article at Wikipedia says--it's perceived as being Alan Moore's personal philosophy and rather preachy, or having an agenda.

I never found it that way, it's very inventive both in story and art. When you think about it, any story is going to have an angle that might be perceived as a personal philosophy. I can't see what all the fuss is about it.

Papageno

interesting thread, which I assume was prompted by the comic book convention this past weekend. someone in our office told me about it. said there were some tarot artists there. I suppose it's natural that would be a rich source of talent for future tarot art.