Beginning the Tarot Deck Creation Journey - Creative Fire Tarot

CreativeFire

ferrous, I sort of know what you mean by the cards are improving as it goes along. I really like the 'look' of some of the later cards that I have done, which makes me go back and play with some of the previous ones more, which I did a little while ago with Strength and gave her a new lion :)

Yes, rabble, I like the site with the lower frame heaps better too :)

Thanks, 78thFool - I hope to see it finished one day too. ;)

I have just finished re-doing my Lovers card, which I am much happier with. As after printing out the cards so far, I thought the old card just seemed a bit dull. So I would be interested to hear which one everyone prefers. :)

I have also snuck in my Justice card, which I was very excited about finding the statue of Themis on the weekend, but may play with this card overall a bit more later.

Still waiting for my flower to die, so I can finish my Wheel card - so hopefully will have that one finished by the weekend - maybe :D

CreativeFire

rabble

I like your justice! And the new lovers I really like too!

I love your use of statues.... they're all so gorgeous :)

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
I have just finished re-doing my Lovers card, which I am much happier with. As after printing out the cards so far, I thought the old card just seemed a bit dull. So I would be interested to hear which one everyone prefers. :)
Wow. Gorgeous. I liked your Lovers before, but I adore the new version.

You seem to be creating scenes now, whereas before you had some isolated objects strategically placed.

Very nice. Very nice, indeed. :)

Chronata

The newer version of the Lovers is very cool! I really like the layout of it.

But I was blown away by the Justice card!
How fabulous! Such an incredible, strong, and yet so wonderfully feminine image!

I am thinking it is one of my favorites of any Justice card that I have seen!

CreativeFire

Wow, thanks heaps, Chronata! :) I was just not sure about this card as it seemed more stark looking than some of the others, but after giving it some thought - that sort of made sense for the card itself in a way. I am really pleased that you like it - as it helps remove my doubts about it. :D

CF

CreativeFire

ferrous said:
You seem to be creating scenes now, whereas before you had some isolated objects strategically placed.

Yes, ferrous, I was thinking the same thing! LOL And I think that is why I have been reworking some of my earlier cards so that they fit in with this concept more. I guess this is what is meant by my style will change as I go along.

You will be pleased to see that I have now removed my Emperor's funny looking cloak and he looks far more masculine as a result I think. ;)

CF

CreativeFire

rabble said:
I like your justice! And the new lovers I really like too!

I love your use of statues.... they're all so gorgeous :)

Thanks rabble, I am having great fun photographing the different statues and experimenting to try and get light and shade in the right place to make them come alive a bit more. I just hope I will be able to find another 50 or so for the other cards to keep it up. LOL

I have just finished my Wheel of Life card - the flower finally died - which has been an interesting exercise for this card in itself - watching the new bud progress thru to the end of its cycle.

Creative Fire Tarot

I have already done my World card but have not posted it yet as I really like the image but I just can't seem to put into words why it connects to the World for me, as it is not the traditional wreath and hermaphrodite dancer . . . need to play with this one some more. ;)

CF

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
I have just finished my Wheel of Life card - the flower finally died - which has been an interesting exercise for this card in itself - watching the new bud progress thru to the end of its cycle.
Oh, gorgeous!!

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
You will be pleased to see that I have now removed my Emperor's funny looking cloak and he looks far more masculine as a result I think. ;)
My goodness! More masculine, indeed. There's no mistaking that he's a male, now. That is what I think it is, isn't it? lol! :D

rabble

Very nice wheel! I like that :)