Believing the cards

milliefive

Does anyone else sometimes have trouble believing the cards? I ask because life is going through a Tower time at the moment, but my daily Tarot card and my readings all keep telling me that it's going to be ok. More than ok - there is a synchronicity to my struggles at the moment and they are going to turn into something far, far better than I had before.

With things I can verify the cards have been spot on for months - so why do I have trouble believing in the ones I cannot verify?

Millie

OaksWhispering

Because you lack faith. Faith is all about believing something you can't verify.

Citrin

I had the opposite situation a couple of weeks ago. My life was quite calm and I was content, and kept getting The Tower in my readings! Quite confusiong.

I think in your case you are afraid. You're afraid to have hope your situation will be better soon, because if it won't be you will be disappointed, and that would add to your sorrow and you would feel like a fool for being "too positive". Just a thought... I'm the same way when life crashes.

RaaD

Does anyone else sometimes have trouble believing the cards? I ask because life is going through a Tower time at the moment, but my daily Tarot card and my readings all keep telling me that it's going to be ok. More than ok - there is a synchronicity to my struggles at the moment and they are going to turn into something far, far better than I had before.

With things I can verify the cards have been spot on for months - so why do I have trouble believing in the ones I cannot verify?

Millie
You know i had a client last night. A lady asking what is comming in her love life. I made the CC and all the cards were pleasent so i did not understood where the problem is tho there was a card i focused and we discuss it. The card pretty much pointed that she has to make a clean break with her past which she has not made so far so basically she is not looking in the right direction.

My point is that Taro to me reviles opportunities, not something written in the sky, we have the power to change our fate. For example if the cards predict that you will meet someone you both will fall in love with, staying at home will slay that opportunity. Noone will just knock on your door. You have to go out, start searching for that person.

I hope you get what i mean

Cenozoic

The thing is, you don't have to believe in it. Just see if it happens and experience life itself.

milliefive

I think in your case you are afraid. You're afraid to have hope your situation will be better soon, because if it won't be you will be disappointed, and that would add to your sorrow and you would feel like a fool for being "too positive". Just a thought... I'm the same way when life crashes.

Yes! I am afraid. Thank you for making me realise this. I hope your Tower situation is passing.

Everyone else - I also agree with you. Faith is hard to maintain without some facts now and again - and all I can do for that is wait. Not good at waiting!

Still - why should the cards about here and now be so right, and cards about overthere and later be wrong?

milliefive

My point is that Taro to me reviles opportunities, not something written in the sky, we have the power to change our fate.

I hope you get what i mean

I do! Tarot can be a big kick up the bottom to say "If you don't like the way you are heading, do something!" I *do* like the way the cards are pointing, so I suppose I just have to press on.

SunChariot

Millie

My guess is fear. Some people are afraid to get their hopes up in case they do and then something bad happens and it hurts twice as much, Could be maybe that kind of thing, where you don't WANT to believe anything really positive "in case".

That doesn't mean that that positive thing isn't coming your way. I believe that it is , or at least was at the time you do that reading if it showed up in the cards. But the issue is not with your skills as a reader as much as with your faith in what comes up.

Maybe you just don't want to believe it, to avoid feeling pain if you're wrong. The question to ask yourself is if you think you would have trouble believing the cards were accurate if they showed you a negative answer. If not, I would bet that the issue is just that.

People do that sometimes.

BTW, just to add in, when it comes to questions about the future....I prefer not to just ask what is going to happen. Don't know why but that always seems to be the most common kind of questions asked related to the future.

I prefer questions that help create the future you want, not just asking what it is. The future is changeable after all, so why not just create the one you want.

Eg if you want to be working as an accountant 5 years from now, don't ask about if you will be. Ask about what you have to do to be working as an accountant 5 years from now, about what steps can you take that will lead you to be working as an accountant within the next 5 years and TAKE THOSE STEPS and change your future.

To me there is not much use in asking which future you are heading to know, when we know as readers that that future can change anyway. I prefer asking HOW to change it to the one I want.

Or if I'm not feeling ok with where I am right now, I might ask the cards something like "What can you tell me that will make me feel good about where I am right now?" Those are always helpful too.

Babs

milliefive

Maybe you just don't want to believe it, to avoid feeling pain if you're wrong. The question to ask yourself is if you think you would have trouble believing the cards were accurate if they showed you a negative answer. If not, I would bet that the issue is just that.

It is! I am not getting many negative answers, but when something comes up, I catch myself thinking: "See? You silly ***, you've been fooling yourself." :-(

I prefer questions that help create the future you want, not just asking what it is. The future is changeable after all, so why not just create the one you want.

[snip]

To me there is not much use in asking which future you are heading to know, when we know as readers that that future can change anyway. I prefer asking HOW to change it to the one I want.

I agree. I tend to ask "Where am I heading?" rather than a concrete "What is the future?" That way, if I don't like where I am heading, I feel I can do something about it. At the moment though, I do like where I am heading, and the advice is to just hang in there. It's that blooming P word (patience)!

x

nisaba

Because you're a pessimist?

Tower-stuff, whether it lasts for a day, a week or four years, changes everything. You can't live in the same house, the same community or the same job. You have to strike out and make a new situation for yourself once the bodies have finished falling out of the Tower. And that new situation will be better.