Can Giving Tarot Readings Open Portals?

Jenavid

Such wonderful answers!

After reading these responses I believe some people do it with their mind, opening the door. Others don't. And one can still achieve a proper reading of their own intellect and spirit mind. It's just a separate method.

I agree too, LightsOfBlue!

I wish I could highlight everybody's great points, there were some responses that were just so poetic in their explanation, other responses were short and sweet (I guess it depends on how the questions are worded) and others made VERY CLEAR that tarot cards get a bad rap but shouldn't be.

I've learned my lesson here-- don't rely on television to properly educate, haha! Well, at least when it comes to "reality/documentary" shows. SMH. I am very glad I get to be a part of this community to learn from all of you! Thank you all who have responded.

-JenAvid

Desecrated

Are you saying that these shows have a hidden Christian agenda? Because I find that hard to believe.

I don't watch that particular show, but I really like A haunting and my ghost story. Both of them are very christian.
(I'm not a christian, but I find demons more scary then ghosts)

And then, if you are claiming that Christianity etc... religions are diametrically opposed to all of the harrowing evils, then I am even more inclined to believe them.

Nope. Just saying that American evangelical christians are using that method.

Whatever exists, will continue to do so by its own natural processes, no matter who our gods are. The religious are entitled to their beliefs just as we all believe according to our own feelings and experiences. Someone can have a bad experience and not be influenced by religious dogma. There are many gray areas even in belief systems. You will find many a Christian diviner, and only the individual knows or may communicate to us what is right for them. I knew a Christian lady who told me she was heavily against any occult practices or even thoughts. Did it stop her from receiving startling etheric messages for me or other people she encountered? It appeared not.

Many people who call themselves chistians are not really christian.

Many psychics will find that spirits are eager to talk to them, and it is my from any fault of their behavior, although they may need to guard against the pitfalls that come with it.

Many psychics are just frauds and will tell you anything to earn a buck. I highly doubt any real mediums would be on TV.

By the way, in a Christian faith you will not "go to hell" for experiencing apparitions or seeking truths,

You don't go to hell because hell isn't in the bible. You will however get kicked out of the village:
Deuteronomy 18:10: “There shall not be found among you who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens.”

In the new testament things get weirder, Now all divination comes from demons:

(Acts 16:16). The girl’s ability to penetrate mysteries was due to a demon that controlled her. Her masters received “much gain” from their slave. Paul eventually exorcised the demon (verse 18), freeing the girl from her spiritual bondage and angering the slave owners (verse 19).

And this is what a right wing christian site is saying:

Divination in any form is sin. It is not harmless entertainment or an alternate source of wisdom. Christians should avoid any practice related to divination, including fortune-telling, astrology, witchcraft, tarot cards, necromancy, and spell-casting.

Jenavid

...definitely surprising to me that someone else had felt the portals! Nice to learn what others are discussing about Tarot off of the forums too. Thanks for sharing and keep posting your thoughts! :thumbsup:

To find out that others share what you've experienced is awesome thanks to being in a time and age when technology allows communication to spread super quick, far and wide! And yes, my questions will keep on coming :)

Michael Sternbach

On this thread's topic, I recommend Paul Hughes Barlow: Tarot and the Magus.

Farzon

On this thread's topic, I recommend Paul Hughes Barlow: Tarot and the Magus.
I've always wondered about this though... he says, the spirits of Goetia revealed themselves of their own free will, but I always assumed it didn't happen by accident, or because of an inherent power of the cards and the OOTK-Spread. Paul Hughes - Barlow seems to have done a lot of preparation by linking the cards with the specific spirits beforehand.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

DesertDream

Im a christian who divines. Theres plenty of articles on here dealing with this subject. But i know im a true christian regardless. Can it be sinful yes? Always? No.

Open portals? Yes it can but not always. Experiances no. Not from any darkbeing i suppose.