Candle wax readings....

azuremariposa

I was wondering if anyone else did candle wax readings?

I know there are many ways to read via candle wax. One of the more popular ways seems to be to melt the wax & then pour small amounts into water. The wax hardens & you read the shape/symbol it forms.

Myself, I prefer to light a candle and let it melt down. Then I read what's left of the wax. Takes longer, but I've found it to be very effective when I'm looking for guidance.

Does anyone out there have experience w/either method? If so, do you prefer one method over the other?

I'm really curious about trying the wax/water method, but I've grown accustomed to the way I do it already. Besides, I learned how to do it from my grandmother, and well...sometimes it has a deeper meaning to you when you learn it from your elders. :)

blessings...

~am

silverwings94

This sounds very interesting. I have not heard of reading candle wax. I have seen where it drips down the candle and when its all done see what kind of shape it takes. I have a red wax droping that looks like a dragon.
would you be doing and readings here on the list? If so Could I have one. You have me very curious right now.
Do you know if there is information anywhere about this form of divination?
:heart:
S

azuremariposa said:
I was wondering if anyone else did candle wax readings?

I know there are many ways to read via candle wax. One of the more popular ways seems to be to melt the wax & then pour small amounts into water. The wax hardens & you read the shape/symbol it forms.

Myself, I prefer to light a candle and let it melt down. Then I read what's left of the wax. Takes longer, but I've found it to be very effective when I'm looking for guidance.

Does anyone out there have experience w/either method? If so, do you prefer one method over the other?

I'm really curious about trying the wax/water method, but I've grown accustomed to the way I do it already. Besides, I learned how to do it from my grandmother, and well...sometimes it has a deeper meaning to you when you learn it from your elders. :)

blessings...

~am

moderndayruth

Hi Am
I've heard of wax readings as well as of leads readings - it's done the same way - melted and poured into water, i think it was one of the most spread methods for divinition in this area (SE Europe - Balkans) after WW2, the other two being reading coffee residue and beans; my granma sweared by it, but i haven't met anyone who actually knows how to read it - myslef i collect what's left of the candle once after it melts down and i try to distinguish the shapes and what they could possibly mean - it's fun ;)

azuremariposa

silverwings94 -
I've seen it mentioned here and there, but not often. I think there's a brief bit about it in Scott Cunningham's Earth Magic (haven't read that one in ages, but I'm fairly certain there's something about it in there). I've never really done a candle reading for anyone else, but I'd be happy to try for you and see what comes out. :) If there's something specific you want to ask about, let me know, but I can't guarantee that it will be answered! The "higher ups" are kinda fickle sometimes. ;)

moderndayruth -
I'm glad I'm not the only one who waits for the candle to burn down! :) I've heard of reading coffee residue, which I think would be quite fun. And of course, there's always the "traditional" reading of tea leaves. I've given tea leaves a shot from time to time, and had rather interesting results!

bluefairy

Yes i did hear of this my grandma used to use water and oil or something, but another lady i knew did it with candles and wax.personally i have never learned it nor have had a reading this way. But if you do decide to have reading or want to try them please let me know, i would love to see what comes up ...

silverwings94

Hi Azuremariposa,
That would be wonderful if you could. My question is where am I headed in my path?
:love:
S

azuremariposa said:
silverwings94 -
I've seen it mentioned here and there, but not often. I think there's a brief bit about it in Scott Cunningham's Earth Magic (haven't read that one in ages, but I'm fairly certain there's something about it in there). I've never really done a candle reading for anyone else, but I'd be happy to try for you and see what comes out. :) If there's something specific you want to ask about, let me know, but I can't guarantee that it will be answered! The "higher ups" are kinda fickle sometimes. ;)

moderndayruth -
I'm glad I'm not the only one who waits for the candle to burn down! :) I've heard of reading coffee residue, which I think would be quite fun. And of course, there's always the "traditional" reading of tea leaves. I've given tea leaves a shot from time to time, and had rather interesting results!

AJ

Raymond Buckland's encyclopedia of Divination and Soothsaying lists candle reading on page 83. It's 'official' name is lampadomancy.
googling by that name should bring up something... The type of candle and the color are important.

NightQueen

I had a wax candle art reading done for me, Ill have to scan it so you can see what it looks like.The process is you choose 5 water colours off the top of your head, you dont think about it too much, then the lady puts wax on a piece of paper and the colors and runs a hot iron over it, Then images come up and she told me about my past life and about my spiritual journey for this life time, Ill find a link so you can check out the web site
http://www.pnc.com.au/~trudiem/wax-art.html

EmpressRenee

Simple candle wax reading

One simple candle wax love reading to try would be to take a red candle, carve the name of the significant other person on the candle with the tip of a needle (the letters must start from the base of the candle and carved towards the wick), anoint the candle with rose oil (rubbing the oil on the candle with the index and thumb from the base towards the wick), then stand the candle over the photo of the person concerned, light the wick in a place where there will be no drafts/breeze that may snuff out the candle, and wait till the candle burns its way down and snuffs itself out. The resulting wax puddle would have a shape that may correspond with a heart, a butterfly, a leaf etc. This may correspond with the feelings of the person for you.

Just something I read once. I am not sure if I can put a link here to the site.

Empress.