Celebrating 500th Post - Reading Offer using Titania's Fortune Cards

purple_scorp

Hello everybody. I wanted to do something special for my 500th post and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it by offering a reading with the very deck that brought me to this forum in the first place.

So on offer is one reading only. I will do a two-part reading. The first will consist of nine cards and I will offer a brief interpretation, then I'll get you to select one from that group of nine to do an expanded reading.

So, who will join me?

Cheers

purple_scorp

dolphingirl

Congrats on your 500th post!!!

I would be happy to have a reading if you have the time :)

Thanks
Samantha

purple_scorp

Hi Samantha,

Sorry, I disappeared for a day. Okay, I'll do your nine carding reading and post it here. Then I'll get you to select one of those cards that has special meaning to you, or maybe just juts out as being odd. Or it might even be something that you want to know more about.

Are you familiar with this deck? I'm just trying to figure out how much information I need to post, in terms of describing the cards themselves.

Thanks

purple_scorp

purple_scorp

Hello dolphingirl, here are the nine cards I drew for you:

Rider – Snake - Clouds
Child - Whip - Heart
Key – Star - Anchor

Individually they have their own meaning. However, this reading takes importance on the placement of the card in comparison to the other cards.

I don’t know that I really need to describe these cards because they are very simplistic in their design. For example, the Star card shows a Gold Five-pointed Star. The key card shows a key. Pretty straight forward, really.

The first card out – The Rider represents you. Think of a Knight in Shining Armour, or an old fashioned Messenger, delivering news. But the central card in this reading is the Whip. That’s not so good, as the whip represents fighting, struggles, conflict.

These cards are read in rows, then columns, then diagonally. When I do the expanded spread, all of the cards come out, so I will be looking to see if similar patterns occur in both readings.

Sometimes cards together have no special meaning, so we read the interpretation for the individual card.

Okay, we’re through the boring part, now for the interpretation:

The Rider is a very positive card and represents awaited news. There is no real indication in this reading what the news is about. It could be about a child, but then again, it could be about something in its infant stages. Whatever it is comes with mixed blessings. There are other positive cards like the Star and the key that symbolises wishes coming true, and goals being met – success, so to speak. However, it will come at a cost. The snake and the whip tell you that your path will not be easy but that you should grit your teeth together and perhaps stick to your guns. Yet, the snake is indicating a bit of deceit and it is a warning for you to play your cards close to your chest. It even suggests that you deviate slightly from your plan but not to tell anyone about it. I think the expanded reading will clarify this situation a little better.

The fact that the heart is in the reading, and that it is next to the anchor shows that you are very secure in love. My concern is for the whip. It represents conflict with a loved one. This could be a child, or about a child. Remember, every cloud has a silver lining, so I think this is only a temporary problem. Sometimes when the clouds are next to the heart, it can indicate love that is not being returned. But I think in this reading, the star, the anchor and the key override the negativity of the whip. Well, perhaps they just soften it.

Maybe the quarrel/conflict will come as a result of the news. The key and the clouds show that you will overcome any obstacles and that your worries are at the end. Remember that clouds come and go. In our own life, we can push the clouds aside and bring out the sun.

The key is also an occult card that represents someone with spiritual guidance.

Alrighty, from here I need you to pick one card to expand on. In summary, the cards represent the following:

The Rider – News or a knight in shining armour
The Snake – Deceit, don’t reveal your plans
Clouds – Your thoughts
The Child – A child, or something in its infant stages
The Whip – Conflict, troubles, strife, quarrels
The Heart – love
The Key – success, a solution, spiritual guidance
The Star – hopes, dreams, wishes coming true
The Anchor – security

Your pick, dolphin girl. Which card should I expand on?

Purple_scorp

dolphingirl

Wow purple_scorp

What a powerful reading :) I forgot to ask if you would like a reading in return? I don't have this deck but I do have quite a few tarot and oracle decks. If you would like I can email you a list.

It was really hard to pick a card to learn more about cause they were all so interresting and alot of times I am inclined to pick a "happy card" but in this reading I think the major pivital cards are either the Snake and the Whip so I am going to pick the Whip to learn more about. :) I found it interresting that both the snake and whip were inbetween two other cards in the layout.

Also I don't know if it helps at all but on the child card, I don't have any children so could that be talking about a child like attitude :)

Thank you so much for the reading, I really appreciate it ! Also congratulations once again on making the 500 mark!

Samantha

purple_scorp

Dear Samantha (dolphingirl).

I’m glad that you chose to expand on the Whip, as that was the card that stuck out for me too. So, the whip now goes into the centre of the expanded reading, and the cards are shuffled and fanned out face down. One is selected to cross the Whip (I drew the Woman). Then the fanned cards are collected and then dealt out in order into the spread.

This spread is laid out like a giant cross. Rows 1 & 2 intersect at the central cards (Whip/Woman). In each quadrangle of the cross lays three cards. Diagonally, they each form a row (Rows 3 & 4). Row 5 is the left-over cards that are laid in a straight line at the bottom and to the right of the cross.

Row 1: Ring, Clouds, Mouse, Sun, Whip/Woman, Fish, Clover, Bear, Dog

Row 2: Anchor, Child, Heart, Man, Whip/Woman, Fox, Mountain, Stork, Lily

Row 3: Book, Coffin, Cross, Whip/Woman, Star, Bird, Moon

Row 4: Tower, House, Snake, Whip/Woman, Flowers, Garden, Tree

Row 5: Whip/Woman, Road, Rider, Key, Scythe, Letters, Ship

Let me preface this reading by saying that I don’t know anything about you. I don’t know your age, your relationship status, or even your sexual preference. So I have to assume a fair bit in this reading.

My gut instinct tells me that the issue at hand is a child (or more to the point, a pregnancy) and there seems to be some indecision on the woman’s behalf as to whether or not to proceed down this line.

I could be totally wrong here and I keep trying to look at the cards from a different angle, but that theory is nagging away in the back of my mind, so I need to go with it.

Let me proceed with the reading and see where it leads.

The whip, as selected by you, is the central card in this reading. It is crossed by the woman. And I think she is you. So there is a conflict going on with you. I think it may be an internal conflict.

The Ring at the top indicates that your relationship is very important to you. It is followed by The Clouds (thoughts), and then The Mouse (nibbles) card. The Clouds show indecision and The Mouse indicates that something is not sitting well with a woman (you). It’s nibbling and gnawing away at you. The Sun crowns the central cards and that means that everything will turn out well. Underneath the central cards is The Fish, The Clover, The Bear and The Dog. The Bear represents strength and The Dog friends, so it shows that you have good reliable friends that can assist you with your dilemma. The Fish is prosperity/money. Coupled with The Clover it means that you will have good luck with your cash or receive a bonus. If you are worried about money, you shouldn’t be. Perhaps this is saying that you need to share that worry with a friend, who can help you sort it out.

The Anchor, The Child and The Heart (all from the original 9 card reading) are next to each other in this spread. There is no way that this could have been a result of poor shuffling, as there is a specific order in which this spread is laid and what’s more, I reinserted the original 9 cards throughout the deck before shuffling a number of times. So, those three cards are next to The Man, which is next to the central cards Whip/Woman. Here’s my gut response. If you are in a relationship with a man, I think that he may be contemplating having children. He sees this as a way of being secure within the relationship. On the other side of the Whip/Woman is The Fox, The Mountain, The Stork and The Lily. When The Stork and The Child appear in the same row, it indicates a pregnancy. The Man with The Heart is a love interest. The Man with The Child is a man with children. Because the man is next to The Woman, it is your love interest. The Fox in this row is a little worrying, particularly in the same row as The Heart, as it often indicates a lover that is not telling you everything. Again, this could be that he wants to have children and he hasn’t told you yet. The Mountain indicates that it is something huge in your life, or an obstacle. And, the Lily at the end represents career. So, if none of this rings true for you, it could all actually be about a man you know through work.

The next row, The Book, The Coffin, The Cross indicates a very spiritual or religious person. Also that a deceased relative is watching over you. The Book represents the unknown. Looking at the other end of this row, The Star, The Owl, and The Moon. Unlike in Tarot, The Moon represents new ideas and invitations and it influences any card beside it in a positive way. This is good, because The Bird/Owl card is about your fears. The Bird falls in between your wishes, hopes and dreams (Star) and beauty and luck (Moon). Unfortunately, there is only one card in this pack that is strong enough to counteract the effect of that bird and that is The Sun. Which is too far away and in a different row for you. However, the gentle effects of The Moon will help to soften the impact. Note, The Coffin in this row is similar to the death card in Tarot (but it only represents death when immediately next to the scythe – which it isn’t in this reading).

Now, do you live in an old house, or are you considering moving to an old house? It is one where you will be happy and has a beautiful garden. You will literally blossom there, as The Tree indicates strength, health and vitality. The Snake in the same row could indicate that you need to perhaps be silent about your wish to live in this house, if you aren’t already in it. Maybe this is referring to being in a competitive situation to obtain the house in the first place (like an auction or something similar). Don’t act too excited remain cool and calm.

Last row. The Road next to The Rider, with The Scythe and The Ship at the end. This is about a short trip somewhere. This is going to have a profound effect on you and may provide the solution (Key) to your inner conflict. You have two news cards in the one row (Rider and Letters) and two change of direction cards (Road and Scythe). So I think there is a change in store for you.

Well, that's the end of the reading. In a way I hope I was accurate, but in another, because of the conflict I foresaw, I hope that I wasn't.

I would love a reading from you in exchange. Do you need any information from me?

Thanks

purple_scorp

dolphingirl

Hi Purple Scorpion

Thank you for the reading! This is a deck I will have to pick up and work with :) Of course this is one of the things that Aeclectic is great for, lol influencing me to buy new decks.

I am glad to see the fish and the clover as I am always a big wory wart about those kinds of things and it is nice to see that money isn't going to ge tuff for the future. I also Like the fact that change is comming, sometimes I tend to get alittle bored and change is almost always a welcome site (I know be careful what you wish for lol) With the children I will have to get back to you on that and see what the future has in store for me :)

Will post your reading as soon as I can :) right now I am just trying to decide what deck to use lol. Thank you so much for the reading, it has really given me alot to think about.

Samantha

dolphingirl

Hi

I am sory for the delay in getting your reading for you :) For it I am going to use Madam Endora's Fortune cards :)

1. PRESENT life phase-The Satyr - The Satyr is playful, mischievous and prone to overindulgence. He is a symbol of music dance, revelry and celebration. The satyr also represents decadent, lustful and lewd behavior. (Are you giving in to your inner child? Now is the the time to relax and enjoy life and what it is bringing you, life is full of possibilities and opportunities, exploring them may bring you new and wonderous things)

2. what is behind you PAST- Chimera- The chimera represents an unlikely mixture or clash of ideas, a wild fantasy, or one who is imaginative but prone to daydreams and flights of fancy. Your pursuits may be unrealistic. Imagination couds your judgement. (in your past there may have been a tendency to be opinionated and to "stick to your guns" with others. Your imagination is a great resourse)

3. What is before you FUTURE- The Gate - The gate represents an unavoidable obstacle that stands between you and your goal. The gate may not be opened without the proper key, however, once unlocked, it leads to an desirable place. (You may have to work and use your imagination in order to discover how to get around this obstacle)

4. Weaknesses to be overcome - Hourglass - As the sands of the hourglass slip away it reminds us that time is precious and of the essence. Don't hesitate. Take the initiative to act before it is too late. (lol I think this one kind of speaks for itself. DOn't procrastinate!)

5. Strengths that need to be developed- The Stars- The stars represent a voyage that spans a great distance. They may also indicate a seperation or a possible reunion. Your dream will become reality. A journey brings rewards. (hummm posibilities of meeting someone or a reunion of someone from your past are possible. A move may be in your future or something may come to you in the mail that will bring good news or a new opportunity)

6. Obstacles that lie in your way- Earth- is the element of logic and reason, and represents the passive forces of nature. The influences of Earth may be found in those who are grounded, dependable and organized. The signs of the Zodiac that are governed by Earth are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Be practical and use common sense. (in this case as an obstacle I would say that you need to let your imagination that you have run a bit, don't give up because the odds are not in your favor. Also don't let those that are nay sayers in your life bring you down. )

7. what will help you - The Dragon - The dragon is the lord of the bestiary and thus represents great strength, wisdom and wealth. The dragon may also symbolize a dangerous advesary or a worthy challenge. (This sounds like a worthy challange is going to be in your future, whether it is a new job, loosing weight, a relationship you want to go forward. You have the strendth,capability and rescourses to move forward)

8. final outcome in this phase - Serendipity - This night farie represents an enexpected yet favorable turn of events. A chance meeting or discovery. As one door closes another opens. Bright new prospects are on the horizion. (Things look like they will turn out for the best, you may not get when you think you want but something that is better for you may open up in the long run)

Well I hope that this reading means something to you :)

Thanks again for my reading and happy 500th post!

purple_scorp

Hi dolphingirl.

I don't think I acknowledged your thanks for my 500th post. I never thought I would make it there and now I'm almost up to my 600th. Don't they fly by when you have lots of things to say?

Thank you for your reading. I actually forgot that you were doing one for me, so it comes as a nice surprise. Also it is nice the fact that it was a pretty happy reading. Some feedback for you:

dolphingirl said:
Hi

I am sory for the delay in getting your reading for you :) For it I am going to use Madam Endora's Fortune cards :)

1. PRESENT life phase-The Satyr - The Satyr is playful, mischievous and prone to overindulgence. He is a symbol of music dance, revelry and celebration. The satyr also represents decadent, lustful and lewd behavior. (Are you giving in to your inner child? Now is the the time to relax and enjoy life and what it is bringing you, life is full of possibilities and opportunities, exploring them may bring you new and wonderous things)

Ah yes, I am feeling very "naughty" at the moment. That inner child has gone beserk.

2. what is behind you PAST- Chimera- The chimera represents an unlikely mixture or clash of ideas, a wild fantasy, or one who is imaginative but prone to daydreams and flights of fancy. Your pursuits may be unrealistic. Imagination couds your judgement. (in your past there may have been a tendency to be opinionated and to "stick to your guns" with others. Your imagination is a great resourse)

Hmm, sounds like my marriage. Am out of that now.

3. What is before you FUTURE- The Gate - The gate represents an unavoidable obstacle that stands between you and your goal. The gate may not be opened without the proper key, however, once unlocked, it leads to an desirable place. (You may have to work and use your imagination in order to discover how to get around this obstacle)

Hmm, my imagination is in overdrive - this reminds me a bit of the first card you pulled for me.

4. Weaknesses to be overcome - Hourglass - As the sands of the hourglass slip away it reminds us that time is precious and of the essence. Don't hesitate. Take the initiative to act before it is too late. (lol I think this one kind of speaks for itself. DOn't procrastinate!)

I am definitely going after what I want and the hourglass represents the waiting to get it. Good thing I'm patient.

5. Strengths that need to be developed- The Stars- The stars represent a voyage that spans a great distance. They may also indicate a seperation or a possible reunion. Your dream will become reality. A journey brings rewards. (hummm posibilities of meeting someone or a reunion of someone from your past are possible. A move may be in your future or something may come to you in the mail that will bring good news or a new opportunity)

Oh, nice. Very nice. I am set to meet someone in a fortnight's time and he lives three states away.

6. Obstacles that lie in your way- Earth- is the element of logic and reason, and represents the passive forces of nature. The influences of Earth may be found in those who are grounded, dependable and organized. The signs of the Zodiac that are governed by Earth are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Be practical and use common sense. (in this case as an obstacle I would say that you need to let your imagination that you have run a bit, don't give up because the odds are not in your favor. Also don't let those that are nay sayers in your life bring you down. )

I think this might be a Capricorn girlfriend. She is always so logical and quashing my delight. Not deliberately though, she has my heart in her best interests. She is a very loyal, and protective friend. But she leads with her head and I'm currently leading with my heart.

7. what will help you - The Dragon - The dragon is the lord of the bestiary and thus represents great strength, wisdom and wealth. The dragon may also symbolize a dangerous advesary or a worthy challenge. (This sounds like a worthy challange is going to be in your future, whether it is a new job, loosing weight, a relationship you want to go forward. You have the strendth,capability and rescourses to move forward)

I am the three p's persistent, patient and passionate. And yes, I am a very strong person.

8. final outcome in this phase - Serendipity - This night farie represents an enexpected yet favorable turn of events. A chance meeting or discovery. As one door closes another opens. Bright new prospects are on the horizion. (Things look like they will turn out for the best, you may not get when you think you want but something that is better for you may open up in the long run)

Hmm, I like the feeling of serendipity. It is meant to happen and will happen, regardless of which path I take. Very nice. I hope the something better you refer to is the man three states away. I hope he's not the one I think I want....

Well I hope that this reading means something to you :)

Thanks again for my reading and happy 500th post!

Thanks Samantha, I think this reading was very accurate.

Cheers

purple_scorp

purple_scorp

Hmm, that's odd

I got an email to say that another ATF member had posted in this thread but when I clicked on the link, I was the last one to post. So I'm assuming that other post got deleted.

Anyhow, Samantha (aka dolphingirl), I was re-reading your reading and I went and met that guy and I thought you might be interested in the outcome because you kind of picked it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths that need to be developed- The Stars- The stars represent a voyage that spans a great distance. They may also indicate a seperation or a possible reunion. Your dream will become reality. A journey brings rewards. (hummm posibilities of meeting someone or a reunion of someone from your past are possible. A move may be in your future or something may come to you in the mail that will bring good news or a new opportunity)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I travelled a distance to meet a man, who I believe I have known from a past life.

I wrote:

I think this might be a Capricorn girlfriend. She is always so logical and quashing my delight. Not deliberately though, she has my heart in her best interests. She is a very loyal, and protective friend. But she leads with her head and I'm currently leading with my heart.

And I was right, even before I met the man, she was filling my head with negative things, like, what if he doesn't turn up. Or what if he looks different to what you think etc.

I wrote:
Hmm, I like the feeling of serendipity. It is meant to happen and will happen, regardless of which path I take. Very nice. I hope the something better you refer to is the man three states away. I hope he's not the one I think I want....

Well there were so may synchronicities, it was like we were living parallel lives. I believe that he is a soul mate and that I was meant to meet him.

Your quote:
What is before you FUTURE- The Gate - The gate represents an unavoidable obstacle that stands between you and your goal. The gate may not be opened without the proper key, however, once unlocked, it leads to an desirable place. (You may have to work and use your imagination in order to discover how to get around this obstacle)

I thought that things went quite well, but he does not wish to pursue a relationship with me. So interestingly, the gate is still locked.

You actually said to me that I will get what I want, but perhaps not the way that I think I will get it. So now I wait to see what happens.

Just thought I should update you on the reading.

Cheers

purple_scorp