Chart Reading: Step #5, Martha Stewart -- The personal planets

Minderwiz

I'll leave it to Dave to start the next thread when he feels it is appropriate - I'll be away for a little over a week but I don't want to hold things up - so please don't wait for me to return!

One interesting point that could be taken up is that none of Martha's planets are retrograde! That's unusual.

isthmus nekoi

an interesting update

Since we were talking about hidden enemies due to MS' natal Venus, I thought I would note that recently, one of MS' good female friends (of 20 years!) testified against her in her highly publicized trial.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3505287.stm

It certainly fits our description of this enemy being female and related to her career.

Minderwiz

I read in this morning;s paper that Martha has been found guilty - though she intends to appeal.

So it's possible that the hidden enemies were more than effective

dadsnook2000

What the jurors had to say

This weekend and this morning, the TV programs interviewed a few of the jurors who had sat in on the Martha Steward trial. The most damaging item came from her best friend who had testified against her. She claimed that Martha said (something like this), "Isn't it nice to have friends who know things?" -- making reference to the tip she had about the Inclone CEO selling all of his stock shares. Note that Martha has Sun and Pluto at the top of her chart -- power, leadership, institutional force, self and pride among other things. One has to wonder if that statement was enough to push some jurors over the edge -- they wanted to have a reason to doubt the government's case but there was no defense arguments to refute that case. Dave.

Moongold

I feel as though I got to know Martha Stewart by default through the analysis of her chart but I don't know the intricacies of the case against her.

It was concerning to read media reports quoting juror comments that Martha showed no emotion during the case, and that this went against her. There was another juror comment that well known identities had attended the hearing as is she had expected this to sway the outcome.

It seemed from these reports that some judgments were being made on perception and assumptions rather than fact. I wondered whether that was indeed the case.

dadsnook2000

Jury statements

The jury members on TV this morning (NBC's Today show) stated that they used only the facts presented to make their decision. They noted that only the prosecution team presented facts and that Martha's defense team only presented one witness -- they had nothing to go on in terms of Martha's side of the story.

Of course, Martha would have been opening herself up to severe cross-examination if she had testified. I wonder if she now regrets her and her lawyer's decision to not present a defense as a means of saying that the government's case didn't warrant any serious defense. It backfired. It is expected that she may end up in jail for one to two years. Dave.