Choosing tarot books

RunningWild

My wishlist of books is getting as long as my deck wishlist :)

I've decided that books and decks, whether they're just on a wishlist somewhere or sitting on my shelves, breed on their own. A year ago I had a handful of decks and three or four books on tarot. Today I think the deck count is 32 and I've lost track of the number of tarot books. :laugh:

tarotcognito

Tell me about it. I'm starting to think there's no end in sight to all the stuff parked in my shopping cart at Amazon... :rolleyes:
I've decided that books and decks, whether they're just on a wishlist somewhere or sitting on my shelves, breed on their own. A year ago I had a handful of decks and three or four books on tarot. Today I think the deck count is 32 and I've lost track of the number of tarot books. :laugh:

gregory

Not long ago I was talking to someone who had visited a friend here and remarked on their large book collection. When they said how much their host must know about tarot, that member looked a bit startled and then said "Oh - you mean I should READ them..."

I think we often fall into that one ! I know I do... :|

RunningWild

Not long ago I was talking to someone who had visited a friend here and remarked on their large book collection. When they said how much their host must know about tarot, that member looked a bit startled and then said "Oh - you mean I should READ them..."

I think we often fall into that one ! I know I do... :|

:laugh:

I read them!!!

tarotcognito

Eventually. ;)

rwcarter

I have almost 1100 decks and over 550 tarot books.... (The original forum index was comprised of books from my collection. One of these days I'll get around to updating the index with the new acquisitions over the last couple of years.)

They're reference books, sections of which are read when I need something in them. :D I've read less than 10% of the books in my collection from cover to cover, but I have pulled something here or there out of most of them.

Rodney

Glass Owl

I have about 20 Tarot books from various authors. I bought the bulk of them early on so they are on the beginner side. A few of them were from the OneSpirit book club.

The only Mary K. Greer book that I have is Tarot For Your Self and I really like it. At some point I'd like to add more of her books to my collection. I think I would get the most out of her books. With money being tight I am really picky about the books that I'm getting so the books need to be something that I will really read through rather than just for reference or just for one chapter. I also have Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards on my wishlist because it sounds so intriguing.

And nope, I don't have 78 Degrees of Wisdom.

RunningWild

I'm in awe of Rodney. 550!

I read them cover to cover. What I don't have is a photographic memory. I was a career university student for what seemed like forever a lifetime ago and know how to plod through the unexciting stuff on autopilot :laugh:

I have 13 physical books on tarot. 22 tarot books on kindle without duplication. And I've been trying to avoid my amazon wishlist, but I remember putting books by Huson and Duquette on there some time ago.

Do hurry and compile the new index. I'd be very interested to see what fascinating (or not) material you've been hoarding.

I do have 78 Degrees. It's among those that I review every so often.

ETA: 1100 Decks...but you collect. I call mine an "accidental collection".