Ciro Marchetti Marseille-Inspired Deck

earthair

Thank you.... It was kind of you to accept my response. For what its worth the girl from that original Tarot of Dreams card was also my daughter, so yes absolutely bias (not to mention free models), But they were good well behaved happy kids, it made perfect conceptual sense (to me) to use that imagery.

:cool2:
Is it a grown up version of your daughter in Decoratif 6 of Cups?
Are the models for 2 of Cups a real couple you know?
The Fool looks very really connected to you too- could you share who that is?

DownUnderNZer

I received mine during last week and will get around to opening it next weekend I think as then I will have the freedom to do so.

I probably would not read with it anyway, but it will be interesting to see if I like it as much as I did the previews etc.

I liked the GUILDED until I got it. Actually, the designs were and are fine, just not the size.

I think I have every deck except the "Dream" one. Will have to check.

I do LOVE the Lenormand one and its designs just not some of the labels on the cards like whatever is in place of Crossroads etc.

But for the art itself it is worth it.

DND :)

cirom

Yes it is my daughter, but not grown up, in both cases these were the kids at an early age. However i think its worth noting that who they are is not important or meant to be significant, thats why i didn't go into such detail in the PDF. From the perspective of reading with the deck, they are not meant to be my kids but yours, or the querants or generic ones...The only reason I explained here who the models were is because you asked and it was relevant to your initial opinion and response to this card.

As for the Fool, yes its me but only used as a reference for expression, it doesn't look like me, and there is no deep significance in it either (although some may feel the connection is apt) and while we're at it the dog is also mine, same one used in the Lenormand... He died a year ago.
But while its beginning to sounds like the deck is a family album, its not, its just convenient to use photos of family and friends to pose and be used as reference.

gregory

Actually (though Ciro has answered) I REALLY think that is none of our business. But seeing that one coming, in my own deck, NO-ONE I used is known to me - just so that no-one could ask who they were.... It is so totally irrelevant unless one is using famous people to make a point.

@ WhiteWolfy - it occurs to me that the value Ciro put on the package is WELL below the level for gifts (which I think is somewhere around 30 quid) and he certainly marked MINE gift. If you still have the packaging and he did put gift (I believe he always does) - there's a form on line to complain, and when i used that (for another deck that was below the fift level) I got all my money back - including the post office charge - as they admitted they had charged in error.

earthair

Yes it is my daughter, but not grown up, in both cases these were the kids at an early age. However i think its worth noting that who they are is not important or meant to be significant, thats why i didn't go into such detail in the PDF. From the perspective of reading with the deck, they are not meant to be my kids but yours, or the querants or generic ones...The only reason I explained here who the models were is because you asked and it was relevant to your initial opinion and response to this card.

As for the Fool, yes its me but only used as a reference for expression, it doesn't look like me, and there is no deep significance in it either (although some may feel the connection is apt) and while we're at it the dog is also mine, same one used in the Lenormand... He died a year ago.
But while its beginning to sounds like the deck is a family album, its not, its just convenient to use photos of family and friends to pose and be used as reference.

Actually (though Ciro has answered) I REALLY think that is none of our business. But seeing that one coming, in my own deck, NO-ONE I used is known to me - just so that no-one could ask who they were.... It is so totally irrelevant unless one is using famous people to make a point.

The reason I asked is because some of the people in Ciro's cards evoke a very strong reaction in me, because they are actual people I experience the cards through CM's eyes, how he sees them, not the traditional meaning of the card. It's helpful to know who these people are so my logical brain can keep the reading of the cards separate from the empathic reaction to these people and his link to them. This is the reason I prefer the original mass produced Gilded and LoftheD- the faces in TofDreams are like looking at a photo album.
To be honest I'm not psychic, but I was 99% sure who the 6 of Cups children and the Mat were before I asked :D

Lee

Attached is the 6 of Cups under discussion.

Attachments

• 6 DECO COUPE.jpg
    6 DECO COUPE.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 105

WhiteWolfy

@ WhiteWolfy - it occurs to me that the value Ciro put on the package is WELL below the level for gifts (which I think is somewhere around 30 quid) and he certainly marked MINE gift. If you still have the packaging and he did put gift (I believe he always does) - there's a form on line to complain, and when i used that (for another deck that was below the fift level) I got all my money back - including the post office charge - as they admitted they had charged in error.

I discarded the packaging unfortunately and i'm eating my words about Customs as i got stung by them again the other day :bugeyed: but i'll take note for my next international purchase.

DownUnderNZer

Does anyone have anything written on the DEATH card as in numbers or words?

My DEATH card, which took a few minutes to work out, has no description on it.

So, is it meant to be that way or has it not been printed correctly.

rwcarter

Does anyone have anything written on the DEATH card as in numbers or words?

My DEATH card, which took a few minutes to work out, has no description on it.

So, is it meant to be that way or has it not been printed correctly.

My Death card has the number XIII on it but no title. I believe that is true to the Marseilles tradition where the Death card is unnamed.

Rodney

DownUnderNZer

Thanks...

Learn a new thing everyday.

My
Death card has the number XIII on it but no title. I believe that is true to the Marseilles tradition where the Death card is unnamed.

Rodney