Conquering The Court - Page Pentacles

elvenstar

This Page can also be the apprentice, or generally being new and inexperienced in a specific role, usually job.

As a kid he/she would be the patient methodical type, when building model aeroplanes or whatever with his cousins of the other courts, he would be the one doing the painstaking job of painting the little thingies just right and putting the stickers perfectly straight, looking up all the numbers in the plans... and find joy in it!

tantricknite

willowfox said:
Well, what ever applies to the male page equally applies to the female page.
Thats true. But boys don't play with dolls and girls usually don't like snakes.So my description was of a boy as a page and described some of the things that boys do.For example it's hard to imagine the class bully being a girl.A girl would be influenced in the same way as the boy page (same force and form) except that her interests as well as how she would handle things would be different............I need to think about this a little bit more................

Sinduction

tantricknite said:
For example it's hard to imagine the class bully being a girl.
You obviously did not go to the same school I did! :D

I think the characteristics are the same. I see no problem.

Can't the girl side of this just be a bit of a tomboy? Not all of us are into lip gloss and glitter.

The crowned one

Male and female have the same characteristics within suite to me, the way they are communicated to the world varies.

elvenstar

I've always liked snakes :) and girl bullies can be very scary :bugeyed: Don't want to start an argument about this, I think it's just that it's difficult to generalise with examples and while boys and girls are different in some ways, the pages in my eyes can talk about both.

Anyway, perhaps the girl of pentacles wouldn't wear lip gloss, but I can see her playing doctor without giving it much thought, as pentacles people some times have a much simpler approach to things physical.

Edit: This page could also be the kid that gets really upset if mummy and daddy get a divorce. They like things to be normal, conventional and could have difficulty dealing emotionally with change.

tantricknite

Sinduction said:
You obviously did not go to the same school I did! :D

After I posted I remembered back in grade school of a paticuler bosey girl who intimidated the hell out of me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That was back in the 60's. Boy that was a long time ago !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

willowfox

tantricknite said:
But boys don't play with dolls and girls usually don't like snakes.So my description was of a boy as a page and described some of the things that boys do.For example it's hard to imagine the class bully being a girl.

Some girls are way into what would be classed as male pursuits, crawlies, tree climbing, fighting and the bully and her gang at boarding school.

Enchanted

What are the characteristics that make this Page of Pents a bully? Or a possible bully?

I've kind of seen it as the "good student" type, quite focussed and studious, and perhaps a little too reserved to be a bully. Perhaps they are students of the sciences, biology or human biology. Or subjects and hobbies to do with their hands, making things, woodwork, gardening, needle work, cooking for example. I feel like they enjoy having something to show for their efforts... the pentacle that they often proudly display.

I'm curious about this Page being considered a bully, as it doesn't fit with my own experience of school yard bullies, none of them... male or female, were particularily good students, in fact the opposite. But maybe my own perception here is too narrow, hence the question.

Lysh

In situational aspects, I see the page of pentacles as indicating the beginnings of solid foundations in the areas being asked about. It could be in business sense, education. If the question is not about money, lets say relationships, I would see the page of pentacles representing the beginning stages of bringing some sort of security/foundation to the relationship...bringing it down from the cup level to a more solid level.
As a person, I see a young boy/girl (I try to relate this card to some of my students) who is a bit quiet and reserved but focused. This young person wants to be successful and loves learning. I sense the tendency to get frustrated when things arent progressing as one likes (a bit of perfectionism perhaps). Sometimes this could be a setback and if not careful could through this page-like person off track.
This young person is not emotionally cut off entirely, but not necessarily as outward about it. A lot with this person is told with body language...the smile, the eyes, the way he/she holds him/herself. To me, that is why when we get further into the court cards or we are representing someone older(knight etc.) we might call it as being more sensual.

le fey

Girls can totally be bullies - wasn't that what Mean Girls was all about?

And a Pentacle girl may very well be into snakes (or just collecting strays of all sorts) and still love the lipgloss.... if the lip gloss feels good or has a pleasant taste. Same with fabrics that have an intriguing texture or color... if it appeals to her senses, she can have a lot of fun with the whole process of dressing up and applying makeup. (For that matter, if any of the boys are going to be into clothing and body adornment, it's going to be the Pentacle boys.)