Are you a good queen or a bad queen?

Summersnowflake

I have an emotional tug-of-war with the Queen of Swords. On the one hand I feel this card represents me well, because I'm independent and strong willed, I reason things out rather than jump to conclusions and I usually have a clear idea where I'm headed. But on the other hand I find the Queen of Swords sheds a little too much light on some other aspects of my personality -- being sometimes too harsh, set in my ways or appearing to look down on other people. I imagine myself the Queen of Wands, full of inspiration, creative energy and maybe a lighter touch. This is the card I often choose to represent myself because it's the way I'd *like* to be.

I'm wondering how other people choose a card to represent themselves -- the closest match to reality? the card that brings out what could be? some other method? If you focus on the positive characteristics ... what do you do with the flip side?

star-lover

i find the queen of wands to match my astrology moon sign, sagitarius very well and queen of swords to match my sun sign libra very well when i go in that mode , which is not as often as the queen of wands, one comes naturally without thinking , the other (sun sign) requires some effort on my part when i mean business

:D

but i can also be the queen of cups sometimes when my emotions go a bit gushy (tetchy mars in cancer square sun and trine neptune) thisqueen is also petulant and good at making others feel guilty at her worst, emotionally manipulative but but her good qualities are wonderful, brings poetry into peoples lives and reminds them of importance of love

i dont associate with the queen of pentacles at all, and i have only one earth in my chart, rising sign of virgo and a saturn in capricorn (which is not really a personal planet)

so i guess you could try astrology is what im saying

edited to say i think the positives of the queen of swords outweigh the negatives and she can be the hardest on herself

the queen of wands can be a bit of a drama queen too and impatient

WalesWoman

I am all four Queens at any given time... very good when I'm good, and as bad as they can get other times. I think I'm mostly the Queen of Wands, but wear all sorts of crowns to fit the need at the time.

celeste

I am a Cancer and can identify with the Queen of Cups at times in terms of the 'psychicness" and being emotionally sensitive. But I have 4 signs in Leo in my chart and I guess that Queen of Wandishness overrides it on many occasions. Sometimes it good in that I can be upfront and go after what I need and I am very creative. And sometimes it shows itself as irritability, temper, and saying things that are best left unsaid. I guess it is up to us to know ourselves and moderate and change what we don't like and what causes us problems. We always have the choice to change our behavior in any given moment.

lilith_in_tree

I'm a Queen of Swords kind of lady, all the way--I'm a Gemini and my chart is very Air ;)
Sometimes I'd like to be a bit more Wands Queen-ish, she is quite a bit warmer and passionate at her best, but the Sword Queen has a strength and single-mindedness that I love. For me she's ruthless in the best sense of the word--very little escapes her and she's not going to suffer fools or foolishness gladly. Of course a little more kindness is always a good thing, but it's her focus and ability to endure through anything that I try to cultivate.

BLFO

I am a Queen of Swords because I get her a lot concerning readings on myself for the past 3 years. However, I hate her! Because at the lowest point in my life, she always showed up. Now since my life is good and I get her, she reminds me of negativity. I can't even see the good in her, regardless that tarot cards can have both a negative and positive side, even when not using reversals depending on the type of questions asked.

blackairplane

If this thread had been what card are you I would answer the Queen of Swords. I am her totally- especially the Victorian Romantic version.

afrosaxon

*sings*
I'm every woman
It's all in meeeeeeeee...

:D :D :D

While I am usually a cross between the Queen of Cups and the Queen of Swords, I am any queen depending on how I feel and what time of the month. :laugh:

T.

lilith_in_tree

blackairplane said:
If this thread had been what card are you I would answer the Queen of Swords. I am her totally- especially the Victorian Romantic version.

Ditto for me on that--she's the one I most identify with.

le fey

I am an airy Gemini that has fought against associations with the QoS for as long as I've been aware of her, but think we've finally come to a meeting of the minds. (hah)

Like you, she always pops to the front when I'm at my lowest - when I can't access the QoCs emotional reservoirs without drowning in them, can't find the QoWs energetic spirit because I feel too defeated...can't hold onto the QoPs practical stability because life is shaking me around like a leaf in an earthquake...

Of course that's when she shows up. She's the only one tough and adaptable enough to take it. She's AIR baby... you push it around and it just fills whatever space is left. Go ahead and try to have a fist fight with air...see who wins. You'll be gasping for it before you hurt it.

About a year ago, I gave up and embraced her - and life still has plenty of turmoil to hand me but in acknowledging her function in my life I am starting to be able to use a lot more of her positive traits as well (and recognize aspects of myself as positive strengths instead of trying to tamp them down).

I think she comes out bitter when she doesn't have a voice - she's air, thought, expression. If you let her speak, she doesn't have to be the voice of negativity. She just uses that when all other options are closed to her.