Are you a good queen or a bad queen?

clarity

I have a bit of each queen in me, as do most people I believe. but I am often represented by the queen of pentacles, because of my Taurus sun sign.

But the funny thing is that other people perceive me as varying queens, one person will often see me as the queen of wands and this consisitently shows up in readings, even though I never thought of myself as being like her.

Just because you choose a significator doesn't mean you are confined by that card's description. Its not that black and white.

Sinduction

I'm mostly the Pents Queen. Sometimes I get swordsy. I'm never cups or wands though. I think the Queen of Wands is my nemesis, so I find it funny that you want to be her!! :)

I suppose there's no harm in using the one you want to be. Perhaps that can lead you to better assimilate those qualities. *was that me being practical?* :D

star-lover

i never use a significator, i don't see the point, but when my queen turns up in a reading i see it as a good sign that im on the right track

generally/vaguelly speaking i mean

:D

tarot4fun

Mostly the Queen of Cups~
Occasionally, certain aspects the Wands or Pentacles Queens~

:heart:

Your question brought to mind this line from Longfellow~
"When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.''
}) :laugh:

Mellifluous

I believe we all have the whole deck in us, just certain aspects/cards come forward at any given time.

I also believe when it comes to personal significators - especially if you're picking them out - it's about the positive aspects of the card/person, not the flaws. I don't 'do' anything with the flip side. lol

I don't intentionally pick significators though. I go by what cards come up to represent me often in spreads. Usually the same one will for months or even years. Every now and then, if it's not obvious, I do a reading and ask, 'Which card represents me now?' or 'What's my significator these days?'

That said, I think picking out the card you want to be or the energy you want to have around you is awesome. That's what tarot meditations and spells are based on, though you don't have to call it that. I've done it, too, but not with the word 'significator' in mind. I used to pull out the strength card a lot during hard times and prop it up where I could see it, for example.

We're drawn to certain cards at certain times for a reason.

blackairplane

I don't think of the Queen of Swords as bitter- but more like she does not suffer fools gladly. I am also reminded of a quote for her which is by Mark Twain:
"The only thing sadder than a young pessimist is an old optimist". That's the Queen of Swords to me.

star-lover

blackairplane said:
I don't think of the Queen of Swords as bitter- but more like she does not suffer fools gladly. I am also reminded of a quote for her which is by Mark Twain:
"The only thing sadder than a young pessimist is an old optimist". That's the Queen of Swords to me.

no no no no no!!! :D

an old pessimist is GOOD :D

star-lover

blackairplane said:
Exactly!!!!

oh oh didn't get your post first time round, i understand now :D

thought you meant an old optimist is bad news/sad/foolish

quite the opposite lol or the world would die

WaterSong

I am a Cancer but I often come up as the queen of pents and sometimes the queen of wands....I think I have lots of earth planets in my chart, that kind of grounds my water energy....I have Virgo and Capricorn in strong positions and Taurus ...but I DO have Queen of cups moments :D
and they are priceless....
when they happen I myself am startled and surprised by them, as well as my cats that fly to the corners and look at me like....hello, stranger!?

Kind of the Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde of the Tarot....half queen cups/half queen of pents.....but for the world's sake mostly, 90% of the time, queen of pents :)

I also have a touch of Queen of swords, which I like and admire(not my side but the queen herself, her energy)....and some very fun wands moments...
I like the queen of swords, she is witty and smart and has insight and experience, understands life's contradictions and sees the humor in it....I think we carry all 4 energies in us, they just take turns ....

I like them all actually, they allow us to express different parts of who we are :)

cheers