Contacting someone who committed suicide

Laura Borealis

How very sad. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I have nothing to add about contacting her - when I've encountered someone who passed on, it was their choice not mine - but I think the advice here is good, that it's too soon.

((((( EA ))))) :heart:

celticnoodle

My heart is heavy. My friend passed away late last night. She committed suicide.

I had no idea things were that bad for her. So much for my "abilities".

I've never tried to contact someone who committed suicide. So far, I've gotten nothing. Is it too soon?

I felt her leave..it's hard to describe but it was like a space in this world was all of the sudden empty.

Should I keep trying or just let her come to me?

(((EmpressArwen)))) My condolences. How awful! I will keep her in my prayers and pray a specific prayer for her to RIP.

Don't beat yourself up about not realizing things were so bad for her. Sometimes those we are closest to we have no idea what is really going on in their lives.

I am of the thought that the day of the death may not be the right time to try and make contact with the departed, unless they come to you. I also fully believe that a death that is either sudden due to accidents or suicide often is one where the decedent needs time to adapt. So, I would wait if I were you for the time being. But, do talk to her, if you feel the need--letting her know you are thinking of her and missing her. I know you are also big on praying like I am too. Praying for her to find peace may be just the thing she needs right now. I will pray for her to find peace and to RIP as well.

((:)heart:)))

suk

EmpressArwen,

I have no advice to give you by way of contacting her, but I have a quote to share with you. It's from the Gita.

'That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy the imperishable soul.'

You will meet your friend again :). Until then, take care.