Covered an index card case - more tarot boxes!

MeeWah

I have the same type of case. It makes a very sturdy case for cards & very economically priced, too. I use it as a reading spread index file & to carry a deck of cards.

It can be found in the stationery section of retail stores (Kroger carries it).

& RubyV: Your photos very clear & show the details of your work extremely well. Great idea, & thanks for sharing.

AJ

Great idea, thanks for sharing

starrystarrynight

What a fabulous idea! I love what you did with it--the fabric and all. Thank you for showing it off!

RubyV

I got the case at walgreens for 99 cents

http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...mp&navCount=1&skuid=sku2029522&id=prod2030042

I used a glue gun, as I blew my ankle out again. No Sew!

I used a far quarter I keep around for bags and making yarmulkes. perfect size.

I just laid the fabric out, cut one pice to wrap around the bottom part, and would fold the exposed edges so it looked nice. Did the same with the flap.

The down side is that the snap gets covered so you'll need a clousure of some kind, and you'll have to make sure to pull the closure tightly.

Next time, I'd try to remove the snap.

shaveling

RubyV said:
Done with my phone, so the quality is a little off.
For one confused and startled moment, I thought you meant that you made the case with your phone! Along with music and texting and Internet access, and checking your email, why not toss in a glue gun as well? But then I returned to this dimension, and took your meaning.

Looks really good.

214red

i love that idea, i am going to make one!

Thanks for sharing !
Nik

Cactus

I agree - thank you for sharing your ideas. I like seeing pics of what others do to make their taroting easier.

It inspires all of us.

firefrost

214red said:
i love that idea, i am going to make one!

Thanks for sharing !
Nik

Where are you buying the index cases from? I can't find any :(

MeeWah

firefrost: These carried by U.S. chain supermarkets & drugstores.

firefrost

Thanks, MeeWah - Nik's in the UK and I thought perhaps she'd found some somewhere.

Maybe not!!