Crystal Ball Journals

HearthCricket

I thought I would start this thread where we can all discuss our experiences with crystal ball reading. Maybe the mods can even pin or sticky it to the top for us! I read that we are supposed to just start saying what we see, no matter what. Or you can write it down on a piece of paper, or tape it, while not taking your gaze away from the ball. This is supposed to be the best way to start gazing. So, here it goes!

I just spent 10 minutes with Miranda in daylight-it is around 6pm, here.

What I saw~

Feathers, rabbit, butterflies, wings, map with roads sketched in them, galaxies and a lot of featherlike images. I didn't ask the ball anything, so what does it mean? Not sure, but there seemed to be a very etherial thread going through the images. The rabbit might be my focus on Easter holidays coming up, the map had different roads, almost like inviting me to choose what path I would like to take. Wings looked very open, like full flight. Overall, if I were to take this in as a reading, I would say it reflects my new journey in this sort of divination, taking a new path, opening my wings and taking flight that could lead me to places never been before (galaxies). I am also realizing a book on symbols would be quite convenient right now!

Alta

Hi C&H folks,

I have been very much enjoying the topic, but with this new thread the topic has moved from the properties of crystals to the their use in 'seeing' techniques. Properly this becomes Divination. Accordingly I am moving the thread to that Forum.

I think there is considerable interest in this topic. Hopefully the thread will continue to prosper in Divination.

Regards,
Marion
Moderator, Crystals & Herbs

Edited to add: the topic is reference this thread in C&H:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76367

HearthCricket

LB~I think this might be part of what you are looking for in describing what the process is....

"Method of scrying:

The visions that scryers say they see may come from variations in the medium. If the medium is water (hydromancy), then the visions may come from the color, ebb and flow, or ripples produced by pebbles dropped in a pool. If the medium is a crystal ball, the visions may come from the tiny inclusions, web-like faults, or the cloudy glow within the ball under low light (e.g. candlelight).

One method of scrying using a crystal ball involves a self-induced trance. Initially, the medium serves as a focus for the attention, removing unwanted thoughts from the mind in the same way as a mantra. Once this stage is achieved, the scryer begins a free association with the perceived images suggested. The technique of deliberately looking for and declaring these initial images aloud, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind, is done with the intent of deepening the trance state, wherein the scryer hears their own disassociated voice affirming what is seen within the concentrated state in a kind of feedback loop. This process culminates in the achievement of a final and desired end stage in which rich visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the medium itself, or directly within the mind's eye of the scryer, like an inner movie. This overall process reputedly allows the scryer to "see" relevant events or images within the chosen medium."

:D

Pumpkin

Thanks HearthCricket for getting us started.

I might sit down later tonight after everyone had gone to bed so it will be quiet.

Was this the first time you tried? You did wonderful.
I agree a book on symbols would be very helpful to us. Do you know of any?

I am also going to look for a picture frame to try scrying in a black mirror. I like the idea of making my own. Here's a link if anyone else would like to try using a black mirror to join us here.

http://www.jaguarmoon.org/public/Scry/Mirror.htm

This might be a nice alternative to buying a crystal ball to get started.

You can also use a dark bowl filled with water.

The more the merrier. :D

Editing to add..
I just did some searching around Amazon and order these.

The Penguin Dictionary of Symbols
Dictionary of Symbolism: Cultural Icons and the Meanings Behind Them
A Dictionary of Symbols

Also found these.
The Herder Dictionary of Symbols: Symbols from Art, Archaeology, Mythology, Literature, and Religion
The Book of Signs
Symbols, Signs and Signets
Dictionary of Symbols

Little Hare

This is a great thread and i will join in once i get my ball of much anticipated laybye :D She is going to work great with the rose quartz ball i have

Muwahahahaha

thinbuddha

Well, I will probably be an infrequent author in this thread. I have a 2 year old and a wife (still trying to figure which one is harder to scry around) so my meditative time is limited.

I will share something that has helped me do a bit of meditation before scrying: I sit comfortably (which for me means with my legs crossed Buddha style) with the ball in my hands. I breathe in and out very slowly and deliberately. My eyes are closed. After a time, I invite my ball to take part in the meditation. Keeping my eyes closed, I envision sending power out to the ball through my third eye as I exhale, and I envision taking energy in from the ball into my navel as I inhale. I don't know where the power comes from (from the ball or from placebo) but the difference between this and a normal meditation without the ball is huge.

I find scrying to be more difficult. When things come to me, my mind tries to grasp them and/or interpret them- and they go away. Letting go, I think, is key- but I haven't quite been able to do this yet. So images float in- get scarred off- and like those fish that get scarred away from your favorite fishing hole by the loud noise, they don't return for a time.

I'm game- but between the wife and the kid, I'll be lucky to get in 10 minutes a week.

-tb

Alta

thinbuddha said:
I will share something that has helped me do a bit of meditation before scrying: I sit comfortably (which for me means with my legs crossed Buddha style) with the ball in my hands. I breathe in and out very slowly and deliberately. My eyes are closed. After a time, I invite my ball to take part in the meditation. Keeping my eyes closed, I envision sending power out to the ball through my third eye as I exhale, and I envision taking energy in from the ball into my navel as I inhale. I don't know where the power comes from (from the ball or from placebo) but the difference between this and a normal meditation without the ball is huge.
Thanks for sharing that tb; I have not heard of that technique. I will try it and hopefully have something to report back.

Marion

Little Baron

HearthCricket said:
Feathers, rabbit, butterflies, wings, map with roads sketched in them, galaxies and a lot of featherlike images

Can you explain how you are getting these images or how you scry? From what I have read, it takes many, many attempts over weeks and months before anyone even sees the ball going cloudy, let alone such pronounced imagery.

Are these just shapes within the flaws of the ball that 'look like' these things, you are paying attention to?

I don't mean this as a critisism, HC. I am just interested. Many ball readers have spoken about how long it takes to get anwhere with this medium, so I am wondering if you are maybe working in a different way to see these things.

When pictures come into my mind, they often come when they feel like it. I can get into a trance when they come, but this has taken my own 30-odd years of life experience to be able to do that. I am imaging that being able to transfer this to a ball is going to take an awfully long time as well.

LB

HearthCricket

LittleBuddha said:
Can you explain how you are getting these images or how you scry? From what I have read, it takes many, many attempts over weeks and months before anyone even sees the ball going cloudy, let alone such pronounced imagery.

Are these just shapes within the flaws of the ball that 'look like' these things, you are paying attention to?

No problem! Yes, this is all I am doing right now. I am seeing flaws or shapes in the ball and just speaking out as to what I see. Am I scrying? No, I don't think so. Like I said, it isn't going to come that quickly, if at all. This is supposed to be part of the training up of the mind. Learning to focus into the ball and on the various planes, shapes, etc. that happen to catch my eye. It teaches you to look INTO the ball rather than focus on the surface and from what I have read, this is very important. They say that is why it is good for a beginner to buy a crystal ball that has these formations in them, to help you focus and find a "window" to the beyond. Right now I would imagine that this is me getting to know Miranda well, so that later, if I am lucky enough to actually scry, these formations will not hinder what I see. Again, this is all trial and error and I have loads to learn. But that is what I want this journal to be about. Our experiences with the balls. Doesn't mean we are at the scrying stage, yet, unless someone is amazingly good at this! But that we are attempting to do "something" with them instead of just letting them collect dust, which would be so easy after our first fervour and then get totally laxed about the subject. I really really want to try this. I can't give it every day, but I will give it my best shot! I also want to experiment with time, lighting, finding the best place in my home to practice. But I also feel that just letting my imagination go while looking at the ball will be helpful. With all that is going on, there are certainly a million images that I can conjure up...so why did these particular ones come forward? A little food for thought!!

When I think of people saying "the ball has gone cloudy and now it is clear and I can see...." the first thing that pops into my head is that scene in the Wizard of Oz and the fake reader. So, I am apprehensive as to exactly what scrying is, in general, and how accurate it is. But I am still game, and certainly still willing!

Little Baron

Thanks HC.

Perfectly explained. And I can see where you are coming from, exactly.

Yes, it makes sense.

I will also make notes here about what happens - thoughts, simularity to images etc. And I think it is important to say how it is happening, as you have, as it might be confusing for someone who actually thinks you might be seeing Easter Bunnies jumping around your ball, as clear as on your tv screen.

I look forward to hearing more, and when I have some time, will try and help out by discussing the symbols you see likenings to in the ball.

:)

LB