Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 188 : March 8 - March 14

VGimlet

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread : Week 188 : March 8th - March 14th

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Greenwood Tarot
2. Madrigal - TBD
3. AJ - Llewellyn
4. Bodhiseed - Japaridze Tarot & the Holitzka I Ching

VGimlet

Okay, my first time with the thread - unfortunately it didn't copy and past, but luckily I have some mild website skills so it was no big deal. :p

I am in this week with the Greenwood. Funny how much it's gone up in price since I bought this deck. I think I paid 60 bucks? LOL.

Oh, and for some reason (probably because I wrote this reply before I made the link to the new thread) the link on the old thread is starting at the 2nd post - so just scroll up and there it will be. Learning new things is good. :D

Madrigal

I'm in. I've been using the Hidden Realm deck this past week and it's been quite an amazing experience. I'm not sure I'm ready to move on just yet but if I do it would be with my Pagan Cats deck. I'll know by Sunday but either way I'm in.

AJ

I had the Llewellyn out to look something up, will go ahead and use it this week, starting Sunday as always.

Hey Madrigal, good to see you here.

thanks VGimlet!

BodhiSeed

Thanks for the new thread VGimlet. :)
I'm in with the Japaridze Tarot paired with the Holitzka I Ching.
Does anyone know how to pronounce "Japaridze?"

galleryofsurrealism

Thanks for the new thread VGimlet. :)
I'm in with the Japaridze Tarot paired with the Holitzka I Ching.
Does anyone know how to pronounce "Japaridze?"

It's pronounced "jap-ah-REED-zay with the primary accent on the third syllable :)

Madrigal

It's pronounced "jap-ah-REED-zay with the primary accent on the third syllable :)

Thank you. Though I don't own this deck every time I saw it I pronounced it 'Japardize' knowing at the periphery of my awareness this was just plain wrong lol. I wonder if the word has a meaning.

galleryofsurrealism

Thank you. Though I don't own this deck every time I saw it I pronounced it 'Japardize' knowing at the periphery of my awareness this was just plain wrong lol. I wonder if the word has a meaning.

It's funny, this artist's name sounds quite exotic to many Western ears but in the country of her birth (Georgian Republic), "Nino" is one of the most common girl's names and "Japaridze" is among the most common surnames....almost kind of like "Mary Smith" in the US!

Madrigal

I had the Llewellyn out to look something up, will go ahead and use it this week, starting Sunday as always.

Hey Madrigal, good to see you here.

Thanks! I'm enjoying your blog.

As for my own deck I'm still undecided. I had a wonderful week with the Hidden Realm and today's weekly culmination reading felt seamless. Other possiblities are Pagan Cats, Mucha (missing a card though) or Fenestra.