Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 208 : July 25 - July 31

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here - updated link 7/25

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the week Daily Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. Scarlet Woodland - Gothic Tarot & The Tarot of Vampyres & the Samhain Treat Deck
2. VGimlet - Cook's Tarot
3. swedishfish612 - Victorian Romantic & the Heart of Faerie oracle
4. madhatter00o - Japanese Myth Tarot
5. BodhiSeed - Badger's Forest Tarot & Gemstone Oracle
6. RiverRunsDeep - Robin Wood & Morgan Greer Tarot
7. Madrigal - Cosmic Tarot & the Oracle of the Radiant Sun
8. Goldenwolf - Night Sun Tarot
9. AJ - Guardians of Wisdom Tarot
10. Ms. Jocelyn - Aquarian Tarot
11. JankaV -Morgan Greer Tarot

VGimlet

I'll be using the Cook's Tarot this week.

The pile just keeps growing. I will be adding my last week's deck, Deck of the Bastard, to my 'more later' list. :D

Scarlet Woodland

Along with my Samhain Treat Deck for the oracle (thanks for adding :)), I'll be pairing up the Bohemian Gothic Tarot with The Tarot of Vampyres... curious to see if the TOV book works with the BG. Should be an interesting week :D

swedishfish612

I'm playing with the Victorian Romantic this week. Oh, and the Heart of Faerie oracle. Thanks!

I already switched last night...too excited to wait! lol

madhatter00o

Hello! I would like to participate in the Deck of the Week. As much as I enjoy gaping in sublime ecstasy at the artwork of it, I want to actually practice with and get to know my Amano Tarot better.

I'm looking forward to participating this week!

Scarlet Woodland

Hello! I would like to participate in the Deck of the Week. As much as I enjoy gaping in sublime ecstasy at the artwork of it, I want to actually practice with and get to know my Amano Tarot better.

Welcome to deck of the week :) I've found it really helpful for focus... combats my tendency to do 100 things and nothing all at once ;) Have properly got to know some decks I just know I would have gone "ooh pretty" and moved on from.

Scarlet Woodland

Am putting the Bohemian Gothic to the side for today, as my deck interview told me not to use it when I'm feeling, well, four of cups... which definitely applies today. Focusing on the Tarot of Vampyres for now to get to the bottom of it, then can come back to the BG tomorrow when I'm feeling more myself.

The Samhain Treat Deck is playing good cop... says to treat myself and enjoy some childish amusements :)

madhatter00o

Actually, can I change decks? I just got the Japanese Myth Tarot in the mail, and I'd already promised (in a another thread) to explain the mythological significance of the figures depicted on the cards. Rather than splitting my attention, I would really like to focus on one deck, and translating the explanation booklet and researching the characters would definitely be a way to.get to know the deck intimately.

Sorry for the inconvenience! >_<;;

BodhiSeed

Welcome to the group, Madhatter! :) And thanks for keeping us up and running VG.:heart:

I'm in this week with the Badger's Forest Tarot and my Gemstone Oracle.

RiverRunsDeep

Some blasts from the past have been calling my name,
Robin Wood and Morgan Greer. I'm going to be using both
of those this week.