Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 219 : October 10 - October 16

JylliM

So far I'm loving the Anna K. I did a deck interview but I'm a bit sceptical of these. My daily draws have been spot on. I like the vibe of this deck - the artwork and the size and shape are just right somehow. Oh, and the booklet is great.

Madame Squee

I love the Druidcraft. If it weren't such a big deck I'd use it more.

Do love this deck. Got used to the size as was the only deck I used for 10years. Haven't used it in the last 6 months though, owing to an alarming collecting binge... so will be interesting to see if I can still juggle the beast.

Very tempted to get an extra copy to trim. Do I or don't I... who am I kidding it's my fav deck, of course I'll end up with a sneaky extra one :D

Here's my reading deck, trimmed down to a comfortable size: just about 2-7/8 x 4-3/8 inches. Perfect! (I also have an untrimmed copy, but if I were to bring it out for reading, I definitely would trim it, too.)

Hmm. I just realized I've never stained the edges... Something for next week! :D

Attachments

• Druidcraft trimmed.jpg
    Druidcraft trimmed.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 60

JylliM

Here's my reading deck, trimmed down to a comfortable size: just about 2-7/8 x 4-3/8 inches. Perfect! (I also have an untrimmed copy, but if I were to bring it out for reading, I definitely would trim it, too.)

Hmm. I just realized I've never stained the edges... Something for next week! :D

That looks amazing, Madame Squee! Love it.

RiverRunsDeep

Some first impressions of my decks: :)

I am thoroughly in love with my All Hallows' deck! Wow, do I get some straightforward readings with this. It is quite the storyteller! For me, it is one of those decks that provides a starting point with its RWS symbolism, but still gives plenty of room for intuition to take flight.

I'm having mixed feelings about the Halloween Oracle. Most of the cards are very lovely, but there are a few (like the DNA strands for "Ancestors") that make me unhappy. Plus, the book is disappointingly basic; not much to ruminate upon. In general, though, I am enjoying my daily draws with this.

I simply have to share a pic of the "Mummy" from Halloween Oracle. I mean....what's up with THAT? I'm having a difficult time deciding whether the head is on upside down or right side up. If I reverse the card, the eyes look exactly the same (to me, anyway). I just miiiiiight have to remove this card from the deck for less stressful readings. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 50

Madrigal

I'm having mixed feelings about the Halloween Oracle. Most of the cards are very lovely, but there are a few (like the DNA strands for "Ancestors") that make me unhappy. Plus, the book is disappointingly basic; not much to ruminate upon. In general, though, I am enjoying my daily draws with this.

I simply have to share a pic of the "Mummy" from Halloween Oracle. I mean....what's up with THAT? I'm having a difficult time deciding whether the head is on upside down or right side up. If I reverse the card, the eyes look exactly the same (to me, anyway). I just miiiiiight have to remove this card from the deck for less stressful readings. :D

Yep, the LWB is very lightweight but I like a lot of the imagery and combined with even one keyword it's enough of an intuitive jumping off point for me. Interesting experience you're having the Mummy card, RRD :joke:

DaughterOfDanu

I don't trust myself enough to trim them sadly. I wouldn't want to risk cutting them uneven or worse!

Today I had a great breakthrough with my Tarot of the Hidden Realm. I had my plans for using it as a deck for relationships/emotions validated with the smaller readings I was doing, thanks to the suggestion by Padma. I had been feeling worried that it would become another rarely used deck in my collection, but now that I've found a good purpose for it I feel comfortable moving on since I know I'll be working with it again soon. I'm looking forward to working with it for the rest of the week too.

strings of life

I'm late to the party--and didn't post in the thread at all last week--but am in with the All Hallows' as well :).

I'll be online until Thursday night, and then hiking in upstate New York for the weekend, totally offline with no Internet, so I'll be connecting with my deck at night.

I'll be working with the All Hallows' tarot and Halloween Oracle this week, thank you!
We're working with the same deck :thumbsup:!

Some first impressions of my decks: :)

I am thoroughly in love with my All Hallows' deck! Wow, do I get some straightforward readings with this. It is quite the storyteller! For me, it is one of those decks that provides a starting point with its RWS symbolism, but still gives plenty of room for intuition to take flight.
It is one of my favorites and would be in the top (10, can I pick 10 :laugh:) decks out of my entire collection.

I read it, but it reads me as well. I agree with you that it follows the RWS structure, but Robyn (Chronata here) has been very creative with adding modern touches and multicultural images. We have young and old represented, as well as counter-culture. It's vibrant and made with love. I love it when the artist is a reader and Robyn gets it!

I saw that you posted in the Study Group that Robyn is starting. This deck deserves it, and hopefully we can create threads of all of the cards so that the deck can have a study forum dedicated to it!

Scarlet Woodland

Oooh tempting. Was thinking of just trimming to the inner border but I don't need the titles anymore so hmmm. Might just go the full monty :)

RiverRunsDeep

We're working with the same deck :thumbsup:!

:D

I read it, but it reads me as well. I agree with you that it follows the RWS structure, but Robyn (Chronata here) has been very creative with adding modern touches and multicultural images. We have young and old represented, as well as counter-culture. It's vibrant and made with love. I love it when the artist is a reader and Robyn gets it!

I like that: "I read it, but it reads me as well". That is a great description of how the All Hallows' works.

I saw that you posted in the Study Group that Robyn is starting. This deck deserves it, and hopefully we can create threads of all of the cards so that the deck can have a study forum dedicated to it!

I haven't been a consistent contributor to any of the Study Groups, but I'd like to participate in this one. All Hallows' is so unique, I've gotten some very personal and nontraditional meanings for some of these cards. I'm looking forward to reading what Robyn has to say about the deck, as well as sharing ideas with other ATers.

Here is something interesting:

I recently calculated my year card for this upcoming year: it is "Strength". A couple days after that, I had a vivid dream about encountering a large, gray wolf. Then, a few days after that, I pulled the "Strength" card from my All Hallows' deck and, to my amazement, it depicts a large, gray wolf rather than a lion. I love it when stuff like that happens!

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 54