Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 219 : October 10 - October 16

Madrigal

:D

Here is something interesting:

I recently calculated my year card for this upcoming year: it is "Strength". A couple days after that, I had a vivid dream about encountering a large, gray wolf. Then, a few days after that, I pulled the "Strength" card from my All Hallows' deck and, to my amazement, it depicts a large, gray wolf rather than a lion. I love it when stuff like that happens!

RRD, it'll be a Strength year for me, too. Love the synchronistic connection between your dream, your draw and your year. There are so many wonderful Strength depictions. Tarot of Sacred Feminine depiction has one of my faves. There is such a feeling of communication between the woman and the animal, in this case a boar. TotHR is gorgeous, too, another wolf. This is one of my favorite Majors.

As to our week...I am *loving* the BoGo! Les Vampires has been a stunningly deep journeying for me. As Above continues to enchant. Tarot of Vampyres has layers upon layers and the Panther imagery in the Wands is so potent. Halloween Oracle has some compelling images which I'm enjoying but the LWB is pretty thin. I have yet to connect with the Sacred Rebels Oracle though. I think I'm just not ready to hear a lot of the messages. Which is interesting and food for thought in and of itself.

I drew one card this week and as soon as I saw it the walls went up. I put it out on my COTD altar just as I would any cotd draw but I didn't look at the guidebook, didn't journal with it. Did nothing except watch and track my resistance and breath every time I passed it by. At the end of the day I ended up feeling like I had journeyed with the card in a unique and holistic way. Nothing forced, just working with what was arising and personal for me.

VGimlet

Another lightning fast week - and the new thread is here.

DaughterOfDanu

Hooray. My week with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm was pretty smooth. I do enjoy the deck more now that I know how to approach it in a way that works for me. I also bonded more with my Faeries Oracle and plan on getting the Heart of Faerie out to add to it sometime soon.

But for now I need a break, so I'm going to be changing my choices next week. :)