Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 243 : March 26 - April 1

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here for January-March.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Justice League Tarot
2. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot
3. Scarlet Woodland - Harry Potter Tarot & Revelations Tarot
4. jema - Anna K
5. Madame Squee - Sola Busca Revisited Tarot 2.0 & Brepols Lenormand
6. journeyinghome - Tarot of the Absurd
7. BodhiSeed - Hezicos Tarot & Way of the Horse
8. TreeLeafe - Tarot of Trees & Animal Totem Tarot
9. JylliM - Granny Jones & mini Rosetta
10. ldiddy - Fountain Tarot
11. dersrtrat - Animism Tarot
12. RiverRunsDeep - Napo Tarot & Sedona Deck
13. Ballerina - Silver Era Tarot
14. Amberjune - Margarete Petersen Tarot & Shaman's Oracle

VGimlet

I am a bit sad to say my goodbyes to the Animal Totem Tarot.

This week I will be forging ahead with the Justice League Tarot.

Green Faerie

Another week with the Victorian Fairy Tarot for me. I'm trying to get through Pollack's spreads for the majors up through the Wheel of the Year. Once I get there, I will switch to the Green Witch Tarot for a while. :)

Scarlet Woodland

I'll be sticking with the Harry Potter Tarot and swapping in the Revelations Tarot this week :)

Rather enjoying the system I've fallen into: having two on the go and swapping one out each week. Means each deck gets two weeks but there's also a new one to play with. Don't quite know how it happened but I'll go with it :D

jema

Anna K

had lovely week with my TdM and now will do something different again.
Pulled out the number for Anna K.

Madame Squee

Sola Busca Revisited Tarot 2.0 and Brepols Lenormand, please.

Thank you, VG. :love:

journeyinghome

Couldn't settle with anything in the last week so decided that I must've needed a week off! :D Back in this week with the Tarot of the Absurd :) Thanks VG! :heart:

BodhiSeed

I'm in this week with the Hezicos Tarot paired with the Way of the Horse. Thanks for keeping our little wagon rolling along, VG! :)

DaughterOfDanu

I completely disappeared last week and spent very minimal time with my VRT and VFO :/ But today is my birthday and I finally get to open both my copies of the Tarot of Trees and Animal Totem Tarot. So I'll be playing with them this week :)

Is it just me or this the companion book for the Animal Totem bigger than Llewellyn's usual?
Also I finally get what people were talking about with the cardstock... It feels like cardboard and the cards stick together. Out of all my llewellyn decks this is the worst quality-wise. It's very stiff in an unpleasing way to me :/

JylliM

Happy birthday Treeleafe :party:

My Housewives Tarot has cardstock that's cardboardy. Sounds like it's similar to what you're describing of the Animal Totem. It's the main reason I don't use it.

I've been having trouble deciding which deck to go with this week. I'll keep doing my evening draws with the pocket Rosetta - it's like a bit of magic every night.

Might give my Joie de Vivre a run.

ETA: Change of plan. I'll be getting to know my Granny Jones tarot this week. Hubby just let me have it for Easter instead of waiting for my birthday :). Still doing daily draws with the Rosetta.