Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 266 : September 3 - September 9

Tarot dance

Hello all,

.....May I join you this week

....I will be using the Rohrig Tarot

...Also, do we start posting about our decks on Monday?

DaughterOfDanu

Hello all,

.....May I join you this week

....I will be using the Rohrig Tarot

...Also, do we start posting about our decks on Monday?

Welcome Tarot dance & other DotW newbies :)

I usually begin posting whenever the mood strikes, sometimes on the day the thread is posted.

I'll be working with the Dreams of Gaia Tarot and the Faerytale Oracle again.

katey

Hello again everyone! I'm going to be using Tarot of the Crone this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madame Squee

I'm in with the Touchstone Tarot and STS Lenormand.

Thank you, VG! :love:

ETA: No, I'm changing my mind (again). Make it the Stretch Tarot with the STS Lenormand.

VGimlet

Welcome Tarot dance!

I was having a lazy Saturday Madame Squee, so I didn't even have to change anything, LOL.

Since we have three new people, I'll just say, the only rule here at the DOTW group is...this is the no rules group. :smoker:

Post about your deck or not - join at the beginning middle, end of the week...all good here. Enjoy, have fun, get to know your decks. :cool4:

csmith0406

Tarot del Fuego

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for putting this together. This is a fun challenge, and I am finding it very rewarding. I am surprised by how much I like the del Fuego deck, and how easy it is to read. I'd heard it wasn't appropriate for beginners because of the non-traditional imagery, but I'm finding that is not the case. On today's card the 6 of Pentacles, the artist shows a hand dipping/giving blood onto a flower. RWS shows a merchant giving money to beggars. So there is still the same act of charity, sacrifice going on. Or am I less of a beginner than I realize maybe? Or the art just really clicks with me? I have been dabbling with tarot for a really long time, and I love comic and tattoo art, so maybe that is it.

Scarlet Woodland

Welcome Tarot dance & other DotW newbies :)

I usually begin posting whenever the mood strikes, sometimes on the day the thread is posted.

I'll be working with the Dreams of Gaia Tarot and the Faerytale Oracle again.

Oooh, would love to hear how you get on with Dreams of Gaia. Am managing to wait till it comes out here... just about :D

Finally picked my oracle for the week... sort of. Couldn't choose between them so using a combined mega deck of The Halloween Oracle & Les Vampires Oracle.

VGimlet

Or am I less of a beginner than I realize maybe? Or the art just really clicks with me? I have been dabbling with tarot for a really long time, and I love comic and tattoo art, so maybe that is it.

All of these, probably. :p I think being able to connect to the art goes a long way. Even now if I can't connect to the art in a deck it won't be as easy for me to read with. A lot more "ummm" moments.

csmith0406

All of these, probably. :p I think being able to connect to the art goes a long way. Even now if I can't connect to the art in a deck it won't be as easy for me to read with. A lot more "ummm" moments.

That's a great point, so true. I know some of the digital collage decks are popular, but for me they hit an uncanny valley, I'll think something like WHATS WRONG WITH HER FACE???

You are right, they could be perfect reproductions of RWS, super clear to me, and I still wouldn't be able to read because I'd be distracted about some aspect of the cut and paste.

Thanks for the comment, I'm still a beginner reader, but have a lot of decks. I'd feel bad if I mistakenly convinced someone to buy a deck that was too hard for them to read.