Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 282 : December 24 - December 30

page of wands

So the Cat Tarot has proved to be an utterly bonkers deck that is absolutely useless for serious readings. At a small party of close girlfriends last night it was a great talking point and source of some hilarity and fascination. Everyone wanted a reading with it but none of them made any real sense to anyone. However it very successfully created a light-hearted mood that made it much easier to read for some people who were unsure and tentative. More reliable for solid readings have been Dame Darcy Mermaids, Druidcraft and Distant Past decks. So Cat Tarot. A fun side show. Perhaps useful but only as a daily draw maybe.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

that's funny i did a cat spread, and you have the cat deck. today's theme must be "the cat". xP

CharlotteK

that's funny i did a cat spread, and you have the cat deck. today's theme must be "the cat". xP
I love your cat spread. I am inspired and plan to do one later for my poorly cat Freddie. But it won't be with the Cat Tarot. Lol. 😜

page of wands

I love your cat spread. I am inspired and plan to do one later for my poorly cat Freddie. But it won't be with the Cat Tarot. Lol. 😜

i went to the bookstore the other day to buy my first deck. all that was left was the beginner's tarot, the cat one, and the sherlock one. i wonder if lots of people bought tarot cards for christmas presents?

dianekay

Yes, and I did Pagan Cats! Lots of cats this week.
CharlotteK, that Cat Tarot is the one where the cats are very anthropomorphized, right?
Harry Potter, Marilyn Monroe, etc. I think I'd find it a little too strange/disturbing. Even more so after a glass or two of wine.
Pagan Cats is a much different approach, at least for me.
Scarlet Wood and RRD, thanks for sharing about mini decks. I had to laugh because last night I was reading for friends in a very low-lit bar, and I honestly couldn't see one of the cards. And this being a brand new deck, I don't have a deep familiarity yet with the (tiny) images. Fortunately my husband had a little flashlight on his keychain, so that saved me.
(Ah, yes, the Chariot...) But it is nice to use a mini in places like bars and coffee shops where there isn't a lot of clean, dry surface and you don't want to be too obvious.
I'm going to be traveling for the next few weeks and I plan to take my Pagan Cats mini. I think I'll appreciate the smaller size for traveling, too. Then I'll probably spring for the full size if I'm still liking my cats as much after the trip.

CharlotteK

CharlotteK, that Cat Tarot is the one where the cats are very anthropomorphized, right?
Harry Potter, Marilyn Monroe, etc. I think I'd find it a little too strange/disturbing. Even more so after a glass or two of wine.

Yes it is that one. It's silly, bizarre, weird, creepy and hilarious. It's virtually impossible to read with. The comedy value has made it worth getting but as a Tarot it's frankly useless.