decks that would be good for a 12-yr-old girl?

Aerin

The Vanessa is an easy on the eye deck - I've started to use it for career type readings and it works well for these. It is very girly.

I too love the Fey, and you could always gift it to yourself if it was unsuitable! ;) Tarot of the MoonGarden is pretty but feels a bit insubstantial, and I think reads best once you know your way around the RWS, just my opinion.

Or what about Tarot of the White Cats? A definite RWS clone, it is way better than you think it might be http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/white-cats/
All the basic RWS imagery is there, but with white cats. And some other sorts of cats too. The 10 of Swords is very well done - the cat gets away!

Mermaids has some rather disturbing big bare breasted mermaids, just as LoS Dragons has at least one big bare breasted dragon.

Aerin

Skimo

I have just discovered the Tarot of Oz, it could do it.

mysticmonkey

I think with the Fey it would be best to let her see the scans of all the cards first seeing as you say she's a little bit more sensitive and a few of the cards do have teh boobies. :p

raeanne

Hi all,
At 12 years old I also would not have liked the Hanson-Roberts. At that age I loved horses. The Unicorn Tarot would have interested me. Any of the dragon decks might be interesting as well. I thought about Moon Garden too.

satine

You guys are spectacular. Thank you so much for all these responses. I haven't even gotten through them all yet, because I've been away from the computer all day today. I told my daughter that we'll go through all of these suggestions and look at the sample cards, and then she can tell me which decks she thinks she'll like best. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming, but I just wanted to thank you all for all the responses so far!! :)

satine

Skimo said:
I have just discovered the Tarot of Oz, it could do it.

That sounds interesting! We (all of us in our family of four) are obsessed with the musical "Wicked" (which is why our new kitten is named "Elphie"), so that deck might be a great one to consider! Thanks. :)

autumnsdaughter

What about the Llewellyn Tarot? It is really beautiful, no nudity of strong violence, beautiful stories, and would appeal to a fantasy or fairytale sensibility. Easy to read out of the box, but has plenty of room to grow.

Did I mention that it's pretty? :D

MysticalMoose

There are also the Inner Child Cards by Isha Lerner, a tarot deck with all lovely bright colours with fairy tale stories, my 10 yr old daughter loves them, the cards are quite large but with all the detail in them I think they need to be. :) hope you find something that she loves!

:love: MM