Disney's "Haunted Mansion" had Tarot cards

Alissa

At my high school in the 80s, if you weren't a jock, and you weren't a freak (long-hairs who listened to Metallica) then you were an X factor.

X factors at my school included the punks, and the new wavers. Punk was still big in 86, a lot of my friends were punks, but I was a new waver.

We were few, we dressed strange. I had a penchant for wearing all-black during a time long before Goth was invented. I also used to partially paint my face some days. One day, my friend Amy and I got made up and went to the mall... and made small children cry we looked so scary. (We loved that, still talk about it to this day).

The clique of 6-8 of us (in a high school that held over 300 in my class alone) used to get the sh*t beat outta us on a quasi-regular basis. I think we gave the jocks and freaks a way to unite - a common enemy to break up their age-old hostility of beating up one another.

I think the willingness to be different (such as the Goths) is the first step to personal independance. Learning to say, "I dont give a flying fuc& what you think of my hair or clothes," and as a teenager no less, was very good for me. It does, however, have its consequences.

But I learned to assert my individuality at a tender young age, and I think the saving grace to such teenage antics are the crucible for the personality that they provide. You will either break under pressure, or hold together - it's up to what you're made of inside, I reckon.

Alissa

Quote:Originally posted by Indigo Rose
I am in an interracial marriage. My husband is my best friend in the world. I have never known a love like this, or a bond as deep.... Here is to the evolution of humanity. :) Here, here! Those who recognize love for what it is, and find it wherever they may in this life, are truly blessed indeed.

May you and your beloved walk your path together with love and pride. The rest of the world will figure it out (or won't) and that hardly even matters....