Do your believe in Ghosts?

Orion

Do you believe in Ghosts?

Does anyone have an experience to share involving a ghost or an apparition?

Growing up, I was always intrigued with ghosts and spirits and the supernatural. I also have to admit, scared as well!

During the summer of 2000, my favorite uncle passed away. A few months after his death, my sister saw an apparition resembling our uncle walking into our Mom and Dad's house. Later that same month, I came home (still at Mom and Dad's house) really late from work one night and I was unable to get to sleep so I was surfing the internet. I heard footsteps... someone was walking behind me, shuffling their feet. I flipped around and no one was there.

My next experience happened after I moved into my apartment. I had lived in this apartment for almost 8 months when this happened, and I was home alone at the time. It was about 9:30 at night and I was sitting in the office at the computer catching up on some work I brought home earlier that day. I heard the sound of someone walking, but it wasn't footsteps. It was the sound a hand running against the wall; as if you are using the wall as a guide to manuver yourself in the dark. I got up and walked into the hallway... no one there.

Now, when my uncle was alive he walked around his house in his slippers... shuffling his feet and he ran his fingers or hand along the walls!

I have yet to have another 'encounter'.

miss_apples

Ive had a few odd experiences w/spirits. The first being my spirit guides when I was a toddler and Ive been communicating w/them ever since.

The second experience I had was regarding someone I knew who was murdered and I wasnt very nice to him when he was alive. One night I woke up in a cold sweat and I just started apologizing to him and then I felt like someone was hugging me. Then he would show up in every dream I had...but not as part of the dream but like Id spot him in a crowd or Id catch him looking at me through a window. He hung around me for about a year before I finally started getting uncomfortable with him around and told him to go away.

The most recent experience I had is with this spirit who lived in England before he died and was kind of famous for negative reasons. I dont know why he was visiting me but I knew it was him because I just got this feeling that it was so I called out his name one night and a cold wind blew in my room and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

WolfyJames

When I was a kid, a morning, I was brushing my teeth. I heard a voice, and it told me to turn around. I was like: "C'mon, me hearing a voice?". So, I ignored it. It said again. I was brushing my teeth in front of a mirror, so I could see what was in my back, which was the wall, and there was nothing to see, so I ignored it again. The voice talked a third time, but this time with more authority in the voice, so I turned around, frustrated, and I saw a leg and an arm through the door, like if someone was leaving. I came out of the bathroom running but I didn't see anyone in the coridor. This is the only ghost I've seen, or should I say the only leg and arm that belonged to a ghost.

lark

Thanks Orion

for starting this thread.
It'll be very cathartic for me to get some of my experience out by writing them down.
I see apparitions often, here are a few of my encounters...

While we built our house we lived in my husbands family home, an old farm house built in the early 1800's.
We regularly encountered a black ball of energy that would roll along the floor of the upstairs hall.
One night in particular my son, daughter and I were standing in the hall talking when the "little beasty" came rolling down the hall.
We all saw it at the same time and backed up against the wall to let it go by.
We looked at each other and high tailed it downstairs to the kitchen.
After that we encountered it over and over in that hallway.
The hall was dimmly lit and it would roll down the hall like it wanted to knock you over.
My daughter actually jumped over it one time.
Our dog would NOT sleep up stairs with us.
And he was the kind of dog that HAD to be everywhere we were.
If I brought him upstairs he'd growl, bark, and turn and run down the stairs as fast as he could go.

Another remarkable apparition happened last Christmas. I was packing up my Christmas decorations.
Not thinking of Ghosts at all, just wondering how I was going to get all this stuff back in the boxes.
I glanced up and standing by my bedroom door was a man.
He had his arms crossed and he was leaning against the door.
He was wearing jeans, work boots, a flannel shirt and black glasses.
I stood shock still so he wouldn't fade.
He smiled at me and then slowly faded out.
He looked very familiar.
But I just couldn't place him.
A few days later I ran into an old High School friend.
He said " Did you hear about Dave?"
The minute he said the name I instantly recognized the apparition.
Dave was a friend I knew from High School who had married one of my girlfriends.
I hadn't seen either of them in 20 years or more.
Dave had a sudden heart attack at work and died.
He was in his mid forties so it was very unexpected.

I often wonder why he came to me?
Was it just because I could see him?
I wrote his wife a letter because I felt that was what he wanted me to do.
Because he left so suddenly.
But she never responded back...

I hope I'm not boring everyone.
I could go on all day with these.
I have one more I would like to share.

A young boy who lives down the road from us was killed one night a few feet from the end of our driveway.
He fell asleep and crossed the line.
A semi truck slamed into him .
The impact was so powerful that it woke us up because it actually shook the house.
His parents have set up a shrine in his honor on the spot he was killed.
I see him very often...the weird thing is I would see the top half of his body or the bottom half.
Bluejean clad legs walking past the door (very much like Wolfy describes)
Or his tossled black hair and goofy smile, but just his body from the waist up.
I never told anyone about seeing him in two peices.
It's been two years now and my son and I this Christmas were standing at the window watching his family put a weath on his shrine.
We started talking about the accident and my son said to me "You know the impact as so great that his body was severed in half."
I lite some candles the next day and talked to him.
I told him he didn't have to stay in pieces he could let his body go and move on.
I haven't seen him since so I hope he's found some peace and moved on.

Thanks for letting me share.
It's nice to talk about these kinds of things with people who understand and don't judge.

Aura Wolf

Wow, those are amazing stories you guys. I can't say that I've seen ghosts. I did once see a glowing ball of white light in my living room, but I feel it was an angel, not a ghost. I have felt presences of my deceased pets, cats jumping on and off my bed, my rabbit nudging me, etc. I have felt presences in my bedroom (not good ones either, or at least if they were they sure scared the hell out of me). I used to think a ghost lived in the upper corner of my room near the ceiling, I was afraid to look at that spot. I've heard footsteps out in the hallway when no one was there, heard a door close when the house was empty and there were no drafts, and other strange things of that nature. It's odd because my house is really very new.

In fact, last night I went outside the house at night to get some air, and I heard a noise that I thought might be a dog. I probably just imagined it, but it was near the porch my dog used as her home before she died. What scared me more was I stood in the middle of the driveway and looked up at the sky, when I suddenly heard the unmistakable sound of human footsteps crunching in the snow. I froze...and the dogs next door started howling so I high tailed it out of there. Either there was a person lurking in my yard (freaky!), or it was a ghost...I think the latter would actually make me more comfortable :)

sirona86

great stories!

i 've had a few experiences with spirits, unfortunattely most of the time they werent exactly well intentioned. Most spirits i've seen appear as shadow figures.. one i particularly remember i saw in my sister's bedroom. it was huge. taller than the door in her room. that one really frightened me. i often see them when im in a new environment, ie sleeping over at a friend's place for a few nights, camping etc. my other experiences are just too long to get into here!

anjocoxo

Reading lark's post, I also remembered that whenever I see a ghost, I'm not thinking about it at all.

One day I was in bed, trying to sleep. I never have problems sleeping, so I was just in those minutes before falling asleep. My bed is right next to the wall, and I was facing it. I decided to turn the other way and as I turned I saw a man, right next to my bed standing and staring at me. He was thin, had black suit with white shirt and tie and a black hat... I got really scared and I turned on the light, and he disappeared. It was really freaky.

I was talking about it to my mother and he also saw a man like that (only without the hat) that used to come to her at night when she was little, saying he wanted to protect her, until the day she got really scared of him and said "I'm gonna call my daddy", and he answered "well, if you're gonna call your daddy, I guess you're in good hands now. I'll leave you then" and he never appeared again.

A few months later we were talking about spirits in my grandmother's house (my mom's mom) and she said she was once on the stairs of the house and saw a man coming from upstairs, walikng towards her. The man was thin, with black suit... and I told my grandmother "With a hat??" and she said "yes, a black hat"; he passed right by her, and she told him 'please don't hurt me' and he answered 'I'm not here to hurt you', he passed on and faded away...

I don't know if it's a spirit that's been protecting the women in the family or what, but it has been the same person (my grandmother freaked out when I told him I've seen the same man), and it always seem to be there to take care of us.

Well, that's one story...

Anjo

Orion

Thanks for sharing your stories!

Great stories you guys! I am now GLAD that I started this thread... I was really hesitating hitting the "Post New Thread" button!

I just realised this morning that I forgot to mention the laundry room incident in my original post! The same week I heard the 'hand running along the wall' in the hall of my apartment I was in the laundry room located in the basement of the building.

Now, I always did the laundry the last hour or two before the apartment manager locked up the laundry room, so between 8 and 10 pm -- it would always be empty. I used to hate waiting in line to do my laundry!!

The laundry room had 6 of those huge coin operated dryers along one side of the wall, and 8 coin operated washing machines opposite the dryers. So as I was starting up the washing machine(s), the dryers would start all on their own... one right after the other! By the time my clothes were done in the wash, the dryers would stop. I dried my clothes and unloaded them. The second I closed the dryer door, the machine(s) I used would start to operate.

This never happened when there was someone else in the laundry room with me, and it only happened late at night. I could not explain what was happening, and it did freak me out. So from that point on, I started doing laundry on the weekends at 7 am!

Jen

These are great stories

Wow, I could talk about this stuff all day and never get bored!
Here are some of my stories:

When I was 14 my grandmother died. Three days after her death I awoke in the middle of the night and saw her standing at the foot of my bed, translucent and glowing - just looking at me. I was scared so I pulled the covers over my head and when I came back up she was gone. About a year ago I found out this same grandmother is one of my spirit guides in this life.

This next story tends to be very long, so I'll try to condense it.

In my last apartment in a nearby city I had a problem with a not-so-nice entity. In Europe it's often called a "hag attack", in Hawaii it's called a "sitting ghost" and in the US it's often called a "psychic vampire" (but not in the "my friend is a psychic vampire, she drains me every time I talk to her" sense) Also, people experience it in different ways.

(P.S - Some that don't believe in paranormal events will call this sleep paralysis, which I've experienced, and to me it's not same thing - sleep paralysis doesn't scare the sh*t out of me ;))

I would be laying in bed, waiting to fall asleep, my eyes would be closed, but I was still awake. I would begin to hear a static-sounding noise that was VERY loud. I would look to my bedroom doorway and see black and white static forming in the air. My eyes were still closed, so it was like I was seeing all this clairvoyantly.

This static would scare me so I'd try to move, that's when I realized I was paralyzed. The static would go away and in it's place a black or sometimes dark green gaseous-looking blob would hover in the air, slowing moving closer to me.

I would be wriggling back and forth trying to break the paralysis. Then the "blob" would starting screaming at me. Horrible, bloodcurdling screams. The screams were not male or female, more like half-human, half-beast. They weren't like anything I had ever heard in any horror movie. The screams were so loud they hurt my ears and in my mind I would be saying, "Please stop!!".

This event would happen at least once a month for whole year. Many times the blob would scream words at me, like "Mezozoic!!" and it would say it louder and louder as if it wanted me to acknowledge it by saying it myself. So I would, to make it stop.

Here's the definition of mezozoic:
Mezozoic

Reptilian \Rep*til"i*an\ (-an), a. Belonging to the reptiles.

Reptilian age (Geol.), that part of geological time comprising the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous periods, and distinguished as that era in which the class of reptiles attained its highest expansion; -- called also the Secondary or Mezozoic age.

Every time this event happened the energy blob would inch closer and closer to me. This made me more scared and seemed to make the paralysis more strong. After a while I realized this entity was feeding off of my fear energy. After a time I would somehow break the paralysis, shoot-up in bed, panting and completely worn-out and then fall asleep.

The fear I felt during these episodes is hard to put in words. It was intense on a level I had never experienced.

After this had been going on for about a year I had an episode that was very different and was like the pinnacle experience. I hadn't been telling anyone about these events because I thought this was a "tortured spirit" that was needing my help.

The Pinnacle: Everything started happening as usual. By this time the entity was very bold and came right up to my face, then it went into my body and started circling in and out of my body (chest area). As it circled it started shape shifting into black silhouettes of random things - a telephone, a rabbit, a cat...I was still under the impression that this thing needed my help, so even though I was still paralyzed I was telling myself to relax and let it run it's course. When the paralyses broke I felt very scared - more so than usual.

The next day I went to visit a friend who happened to be psychic. I decided to tell her what had been going on with this entity and what had happened last night. As I told her I became very cold, my body started shaking and my eyes welled up with tears.

She "tuned - into" it and saw it was coming from the apartment below mine. She saw it reaching up into my bedroom, trying to feed off of my energy. This was interesting because no one would ever live in the apt. below me for more than 3 to 6 months and anytime a couple moved in, they would break up.

She told me to not let it go through my body and to fight it. She said to buy the biggest white candles I could find and put them in my bedroom, lighting them as soon as I got home from work and blowing them out when I went to bed. She also told me to put a cross on my nightstand. I've never had any connection or affinity with crosses, but she implored me to go buy one - so I did. She also said to walk around my bedroom forcefully saying out loud, "I have no interest in you, go back to light."

She also suggested that I move as soon as possible. I had been wanting to move to another city, just not so soon. I told her I didn't have enough money to get another apt. and move myself. She paused a moment and then told me I would have the money I needed to move and sure enough a few days later I received a lump sum of money that was enough for me to move.

I remained at the apt. for two more weeks, following my friends candle and cross guidance, and amazingly the paralysis never happened again. But I could tell entity was still there because I was now receiving scary, horrific images in my mind before I fell asleep at night. It was like the images were being "pushed" into my mind. They were of claws and fangs - beast-like things. I could tell the entity was angry.

So, to end a really long post - I moved and never had this problem again. :)

Orion

Great post Jen! Thanks for sharing! Your experience makes mine seem so juvenile!