Dreaming of a spirit pushing me... has anyone had anything similar?

my_logic

Hi all, well just so you get a better picture of me, I see spirits at night, I wake with them in my room from time to time. I have since I can remember. Im hoping one of these days I will actually be brave enough to talk seen they make the effort to keep visiting me, but usually my husband just gets a thump and hears me squeak... so still working on my bravery :)

But what happened the other night was a dream (I think??) ... I was dreaming of my own room and I was dreaming I was asleep in my bed, well trying to sleep but someone was there in spirit form and they were pushing me (pushing my spirit to be exact), I have had similar dreams like this before but not for sometime, I dont know what it means, or if it really was happening in my room and I was aware of it while I was asleep, or if it was just a dream, I was trying to call my dog onto the bed (off course I was only yelling in my sleep) I thought him jumping up would scare the spirit off, it was as though they wanted me out of my body, I think? but I dont know if they meant me any harm, they were made of white light, and thats how I see them when I wake and they are in my room for a visit, but in my dream it was just annoying because I kept thinking I just couldn't sleep because they were there pushing me, and the only thing that would stop them was me imagining a shield of white light around me, but as soon as i relaxed they would start pushing me again from any angle... By the way, its a strange feeling being pushed from your physical body, I felt like Id go 2 inches and then Id spring back again, like a rubber band was pulling me back to my physical body, so they would push from another side, same thing happened... has anyone else had dreams like this? or any ideas what this all means?

214red

could be sleep paralysis and thats not nice. I would suggest you contact your guide/doorkeeper and ask for protection from intrusions, and ask for them not to be allowed in your bedroom at night also.

obeygravity

I've experienced something like this but it wasn't nearly as er... pleasant? But I'm inclined to believe that it was correlated to sleep paralysis but to also seek some kind of protection from it. The one that I had experienced was kind of scary. I had felt like my bed was tipping backwards so that I started sliding off and I found myself in some hallway. And out of no where some dark... spirit or creature came up behind me and stated doing what I felt like was dragging my spirit out of my body. Most of what I remember was wanting to scream for it to stop but not being able to, and also trying to move to fight it but my body wouldn't work. Finally got myself to wake up and I can tell you that my body was a little bit sore from me trying to fight the sleep paralysis :laugh:

celticnoodle

well, there are stories of people who have spirits trying to take over their body. i have a family member who is psychic, but has had this happen to them, and so is so fearful of developing their abilities - they shut it down.

he had spirits bothering him, when he was asleep, trying to crawl into his body. it would always wake him up, and he always had to struggle with the spirit, and finally the spirit would give up and go away. but, that spirit, and the same one, would always come back and try again.

I would recommend grounding and protecting and possibly even cleansing your home and especially the room where you are sleeping, if this happens solely in your bedroom when sleeping.

I've never experienced anything like this myself, but I can imagine it is frightening. I am not sure that the above is the answer, but I think would definitely help anyway. also call on your guides and perhaps Archangel Michael or whomever you feel will protect you as you sleep. ask for this protection and say "especially from any evil or bad spirits who are not walking in the light" or something like that.

hopefully this will help.

though, I guess it can also be spirit trying to wake you up so they can converse with you too. they are not beyond doing this either you know. and there are also mischievious spirits out there. ones who like to play pranks. they mean no real harm, but just amusing themselves, which is also why you need to be stern with them and tell them to leave you alone!

my_logic

Thankyou :)

Thankyou all for your help, Im not certain its sleep paralysis as I goggled it, that sounds really scary though... but I have always had some control in my dreams and when I really want to wake I change things, if that makes sense, and then presto Im awake :) But this time I just wanted to keep sleeping and was getting bugged, but I think celticnoodle might be onto something as I would think it was more of a prank than a threat, although it did feel they wanted in if I were in here still or not... so I will definitively shield the house more often with white light... and I have seen a negative/bad spirit once before... very black... very intimidating... infact I think the only way I saw him (besides the fact he was in my face hovering above me) was my own light seemed to show him up. I remember his teeth and eyes... I still cant sleep in that room when we go to the crib...(aka. holiday home for those out of nz) But that was some time ago now and in a bed I think something bad had happened to another person... The one in my dream the other night was in white light, so I assumed they were friendly... although Ive had friendly spirits pull at my hair to bug me but thats usually the extent of it physically...

BlueFox

For some duration of time I'd been hearing 'a voice of knowledge and wisdom' (thought 'god?') but no, it was not, upon praying that deceptive spirits be unable to lie to me, the voice called itself out, consequently screaming afterward and acting angry that it had blown it's own cover.
The spirit gathered itself and tried to re-assert itself as 'friendly'.
I spent the next hour or so praying for protection,
as if on cue, it felt like something was, disconnected, like the sound of a computer's hum disappeared, and it was gone, I've not heard it since.

willoe

I have really similar experiences, except my spirits don't sound like yours. Mine are shadow people, and they definitely don't touch me. They do stare at my husband and I though. It's a little off-putting.

my_logic

Hi willoe, perhaps there the same kind of spirit visiting you, but you may just see them different to me, Im not sure how it all works, but the one that thumps my husband is me lol, he is hard to wake up :) they are usually just standing in the room, often right beside the bed, sometimes hovering above it, sometimes they are right up close to my face... just looking at me, they seem to be waiting for me, by the time I wake up and get a fright they disappear or maybe they dont but I cant see them I suppose while Im panicked like that. Do you mind me asking how do you cope? Do they stick around when you awake?

willoe

I have always had shadow people around, since I was very small. I actually usually see mine when I am awake, although I do wake up quite often in the night, and I see them then as well.

My husband has seen them since he was young as well, although he sees them in more detail than I do.

We were actually feeling a little threatened when we moved into our new apartment. There was one shadow in particular that was making us feel uncomfortable, so we set a place for it at the dinner table and put a plate of food there at dinner time. Then, after we had eaten we told the shadow that it was no longer invited, that we had fed it and now it must be on it's way.

Haven't seen it since. We do have another little spirit, but it's not a worry. Seems to be a small thing- child maybe? I can see it peek around the bedroom door sometimes, but it doesn't bother me.

I plan on smudging the house if the larger shadow comes back. Have you tried that?

willoe

Forgot to add- this is the website that I found when I was looking for information about shadow people. Maybe a similar website could help you?

http://www.shadowpeople.org