Dreams Or Something Else??

Daizdy

I have been wondering about these incidences for quite some time but I have struggled to find the words to describe the state I was in when they happened. I was not in a normal dream state yet I was not fully awake but was aware and alert as if I were fully awake. I'm hoping someone will understand the state I'm talking about and can lend some insight...

I was asleep and suddenly my mind clicks on. It's as if my mind has been awakened but my body is still asleep. It reminds me of a television being turned on except there's only a black screen. I expect to start dreaming but I see only blackness. I hear a noise like a squeeze toy in my ear and then someone calls out my name. It was a very deep male voice. He called out my name like he was trying to wake me up. And, it did wake me up. I mean eyes open, mind and body fully awake.

About a year later, about two or three weeks after I moved into a new apartment, I was lying in bed in a half asleep state and the same mind clicking on scenario happens again. This time a female voice, not my own, said, “I'm glad you're here with me.”

This one is a bit tricky – A few months later I was in bed asleep, lying on my stomach. I was awoken by the sound of sexual moaning. I then realized it was I who was moaning and I was slightly thrusting my hips forward. I thought I was awake but very groggy, however, I was actually in a very deep state of sexual arousal. In the midst of all this the mind clicking on scenario happened and I'm staring into blackness and hearing myself moan. Suddenly, the form of a man appeared in the blackness. It was if I were hovering near the ceiling looking down at him. He was naked and I could only see the back of him from the top of his head to the top of his buttocks. He was thrusting in a sexual position. I asked myself, “Is he having sex with me? Is he thrusting into me? Is that why I'm moaning?” I could see nothing but his form in blackness. He turned his head and looked up over his shoulder at me. And then suddenly I was fully awake or aware and had the same feeling of overwhelming arousal.

I spoke to the man a few days later but he said he had not dreamed or encountered anything out of the ordinary.

Do these encounters resonate with anyone? It is so very difficult to explain the state of mind and body I was in. I hope it makes sense. I would appreciate any insight one could offer...

Thanks in advance! :)

SloughSister

I realize this may not exactly help, but as you were brave enough to describe some very personal experiences, I thought I'd offer the following articles. I haven't had the experiences you have had but I spent 1 week for each of 5 summers as a university sleep research subject; some of the researchers there talked about these kinds of things.

http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/si91ld.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I know it's not the same as sharing with others who have felt the same way, and it's more empirical than experiential, but perhaps the articles can provide a first step towards understanding.

Daizdy

Thanks so much for your response and the links!

I have done a little research on lucid dreaming but not much. I had always thought that a lucid dream felt like a dream but only that one is aware that one is dreaming and can control the dream. However, with the first two incidences i wasn't dreaming anything, I only heard voices. The last incidence was only different in that I saw a white figure in blackness. That's why I ruled out lucid dreaming. However, I could very well be wrong.

I'll certainly follow the links and read up on it. Thanks so much for responding!

re-pete-a

Many years ago the same sort of thing happened to me. I was at that time missing a failed partnership partner.

This state was the place between the sleep and awake states. The body is asleep the mind is awake. All sensations were as awake.

This entity became the lost partner and in all respects was her. All actions were as if we were welcomely aroused. reunited . But something inside 'knew' that this wasn't her.
I tried to push this apparition off me, It developed into a mental struggle , except I was immobilized and was losing .

I then remembered a practiced release . " Just move a joint on the little finger".
I concentrated very hard on doing that while this thing tried very hard to distract me by saying things I wanted dearly to hear from the X.

Upon being successful in doing this the object turned into a dark shadow , howled and disappeared. I was fully awake again. Perplexed and shocked.

SO bloody real!

Many years later I was informed the there are spirits /whatever that are attracted to mortals with the intent to 'have them'. They home in on the willingness of a person to participate with them. These are the active physical or the mentally desiring.
The mental desiring are easy meat, where the object takes on the features of the desired that have been transmitted via the desires.

The legends are full of the gods becoming as another.

Not too long ago another education came.
The name of these entities is called 'LUSTERS'. They are the urgers of lusts. The entities that can turn others into people of the night.
They maintain their deeds by proximation to mortals.(hanging around and urging)
The constructors of full erotic dreams . Mostly in the young as they are less disciplined and more desirous of free association .

They can train one to listen to them ,these turn into 'scarlet' night workers or insatiable appetites.

Hoping this adds a little more light to your inquiries.

Daizdy

It does indeed, Re-pete-a! I told the experience to a few people and they said it sounded like an out-of-body experience. However, when I told the man who appeared in the blackness during that experience, he said it was demons visiting me in his form. It was a bit unnerving to say the least! I have had other experiences while in that, in between sleep and awake state, but nothing sexual.

Also, you mentioned missing a partner from a failed relationship. I find that so very interesting because I felt similarly in that I had a deep longing for this man. However, distance made it difficult to be with him often.

Thank you for sharing something so intimate, Re-pete-a. I really appreciate it!