Dreams re: Your Death / Prediction

joya250

hello all :)

I rarely post about dreams, as I feel we are usually our own best interpreter. I frequently have extremely vivid dreams and keep a dream journal.

Last night, however, I had a dream I have not yet had (often there are some repeating elements, or themes, or things that just make sense after analysis)... and since I know that themes such as death, etc. are common among all of us, I thought I'd put my dream out there to see if any one else has had similar death-related dreams and what they meant to them in retrospect.

So, basically in the dream I was told I would die in 2-3 days -- it was either to be on a Friday night, or after the weekend. It would feel and look like a heart attack, but that wouldn't be the actual cause of death. I felt helpless and saddened in the dream, as it seemed there was nothing I could do but wait and see if this was true.

(There were other elements to the dream, such as being at a large warehouse-like store with an old girlfriend. She is loading up her cart, yet I have only 2 items to purchase, as I only have a few days left. The lines are ridiculously long and my heart is heavy with saddness. ... Another part of the dream involves meeting the "Devil" who then proceeds to have sex with me as only the Devil could. After all, he is the Devil, what else would you expect?) ... but although these elements are connected with the Death prediction, it is that which most concerns me and hangs over me this morning...

I am not afraid that I will actually die in a few days (and if I do, then at least I had fair warning!)... but I am interpreting Death here as Major Change, like in the tarot. (Interesting that Death as well as the Devil were the themes of this dream.) ...

Thus, I am interested in 1) anybody's take on this dream, and 2) if anybody has had their death predicted in a dream (I never had before)... and what, if anything, came to pass in "real" life?

Curious to hear the replies. thanks!

joya

autumn star

Hi Joya,

I have dreamed about my own death ... it was a couple of years ago and it was quite a strange experience. I'm not sure if it was predictive or not ... beasically what happened is I went up a strange elevator like thing, except I was surrounded by all this water .. and then something about walking into a white room. It was a while ago so I can't quite remember. Nothing really came to pass in my real life ... I guess I made alot of changes, in regards to my lifestyle ... I stopped being such a 'party girl' and started to focus on my inner self.

I would agree, that your dream could be an indication of big changes coming your way ... or perhaps on a subconscious level you may have been thinking of your own death or death in general, and this came up in your dream.

I have had dreams that predicted the death of other things, like pets ... and recently I have had dreams about the events surrounding my grandpa's death .. so I guess we will have to wait and see.

watchman291273

Hey Joya,

I'll just give you my 2 cents because it's not possible to interpret someone's dreams without knowing at least a little about their life as symbols have a most personal meaning.

The dream isn't about actual your death. I'd think it showed up to make you realize you may be losing or will lose something (maybe an opportunity) if you don't alter something within you in the near term.

From my own experience, a building (I and a friend happened to have had a dream with a store lately) often stand for the self. You standing in that neverending line with just two things would be you now while that gf loading up her cart would be you younger or your true potential. Maybe you had (creative) projects you left aside to focus on other priorities.

I'd say the devil stands for the material/mundane world and him giving you that treatment and forcing you to be submissive would confirm this.

Does anything make sense to you?

joya250

Hi watchman & autumn star,

Wanted to wait until after the weekend to post... heh heh, and I'm still here! I can say that changes are definitely afoot in my life, as typical, but these changes do feel "big"... so, hence the Death. And last night, actually, as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep (I ended up sleeping out and wasn't very comfortable)... my heart began racing, and it felt like all this electric energy was coursing through me. At that point, I remember the dream and how it had foretold of a "heartattack" -- and I chuckled, and tried to focus on breathing as I let my body adjust to the currents.

And, yes, watchman, the whole being "tied to the material" is an ongoing issue at this moment, so I can relate to what you say.

Oh, and interestingly enough... my co-worker came in this morning and told me her foster-mother passed away, on Friday -- from a heart attack. Not thinking that I had tapped into that, but that it is an interesting connection.

dream on,
joya

Kahlie

Sorry to Spoil the Party

About my own death I never dreamt.

Other people's yes, in 2 occasions, and they came true.

Kahlie

psychic sue

I think to dream of your "death" is a symbology related to the death card - you are undergoing a spiritual transformation of some kind, something in your life is changing. Old attitudes and beliefs are being removed and a new way of life will emerge.