Have you dreamed in the other gender?

Have you dreamed in the other gender?

• Yes. I am a woman and have dreamed from the point of view of a man.

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • Yes. I am a man and have dreamed from the point of view of a woman.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • No. I am a woman and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • No. I am a man and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Sophie-David

In your dreams, has the "I" of your dreams, the dream ego, ever been experienced from the point of view of the other gender? For example, if you are a woman, have you had dreams in which you seemed to be a man?

I hope no one is offended by this question. I am simply doing some research towards my upcoming book on encountering the Inner Beloved. I realize that the size and nature of the population at Aeclectic is not likely to result in a scientific poll, but nonetheless it would be helpful to at least gather some impressions. If you can help me with this survey it would be greatly appreciated.

My own perception is that before the union with the Inner Beloved just over a year ago I had never dreamed from the point of view of the other gender. Within a few months after the union I did have a dream in which I dreamed from the point of view of the Creative Beloved, in what I call Eirian consciousness. It was quite surprising and delightful. I was at a road junction and looking through the rubble of some old buildings beside the road on the right. I was searching for a key. This dream provided very helpful insights into what to do next in my life. I was searching for "the key to me" which ultimately led to me choosing to do a series of twenty-two meditations on the Major Arcana last Autumn, with very rewarding results.

As time went on I found that I started to dream fairly often from the point of view of the other gender, sometimes switching points of view as the dream progressed. This occurred last night, I had a Tarot dream in which I was first at first a female Temperance and then became a male Magician. :)

In any event, I have found that dreaming in the other gender has helped me both to understand women more fully and also to provide understanding and guidance in the choices that lay before me.

Annabelle

I'm a woman and I have never dreamed that I was a man. That said, though, I have had dreams in which I was flirting with a woman, kissing a woman, etc. But that's just because I'm bisexual...not because I was dreaming from the point of view of a man.

HOLMES

I have

in fact
in my dreams I have given birth, i was in the shower and a baby popped out .

then last fall I dream i was keeping that baby in a bag,, not a garbage bag so it dies,, but a carry bag as to hide it.

and before i dreamt i was a girl who was being married off by my father

and after that dreamt i was in public place like a libary being harrased by men for my body. I do believe i was a victorian england prostitute at the time.

Simone

I can't remember ever having dreamed of being a man...

I have been through past lives regressions where I saw the scenarios as a man (more than once), but not in my dreams. :)

I am not sure if this helps?

Love
Simone

WolfyJames

I'm a woman and I often dream I am a man. Actually, as a child, in most of my dreams, I was a boy. Well, I was persuaded I was a boy then and that me being a girl was a mistake (maybe true). It took me many years to accept being a woman. I even dreamed once being male and being raped by a woman. Not a fun dream, by the way. My female friends do ask me how they boyfriends' mind work. I have to add I have also dreamed I was a lion, a wolf, a dragon, a gargoyle, aliens, mutant, genetically engineered slave (male), etc. My mother says it's because I have a lot of imagination. Who knows? As for inner beloved, I do have inner entities but I've never given them names.

Sushi

I do remember a dream in which I had a penis, so I guess that would count?

annik

From memories, I think I had a few dreams where I was seeing thru the eyes of a man or that I was one. But it was a minority of dreams. I must admit I had a few powerful emotions-stiring dreams during my teenage years. Now, I still have weird dreams but they seems to have tone down a bit.

Sometimes I got the impression that I had dreamed while being awakened as a child. Maybe it's because my grandma told me I had a active imagination but it is another story...

HudsonGray

I've always been female, but different women, not always myself. Once or twice I was even a flying creature of some sort for a while (non-human), but no, I've never dreamt that I was the other gender.

Emeraldgirl

I have dreamt a few times that I was a male or from a male veiwpoint. Nothing that has really stuck out though. I have also dreamt that I was a female in a male disguise in an Indiana Jones type of adventure dream and dressing like a man was the only way I could go.

WolfyJames said:
I have to add I have also dreamed I was a lion, a wolf, a dragon, a gargoyle, aliens, mutant, genetically engineered slave (male), etc. My mother says it's because I have a lot of imagination. Who knows? As for inner beloved, I do have inner entities but I've never given them names.

I have also dreamed of being an animal particually wild horses and dogs/wolves. I once dreamt I was a dolphin but it wasn't a nice dream as people were trying to lock me up in Sea World

Nevada

Interesting question. I recall only once or twice dreaming that I was distinctly male in a dream, but I've also had many dreams where there was a male figure who, on waking, I felt strongly was a manifestation of my masculine side. It's usually an experience of a very magnetic male figure who is intimately connected to my thoughts and feelings and who figures prominently in the dream, though he's not anyone I know in real life. These dreams tend to stand out for me a great deal, as being of importance.

Nevada