Fallen Angel Oracle

Miss Divine

Anyone still using this deck? A friend of mine purchased it and says she is afraid of it. I told her I would take it off her hands.. So, anyone else feel like this deck has bad, scary vibes? I have plenty of fluffy decks in my collection so I don't mind a darker one, but now I have to admit she may be on to something. The names are in fact of ''fallen angels''.

Le Fanu

It's superficially dark. It seems a bit "face value" to think it has bad, scarey vibes simply because it is all about fallen angels.

I don't think t's any more or less negative than others around.

I like it and still dig it out and use it. I think the darkness is superficial. No more scarey than black eyeliner and studded wrist bands and a teenage scowl.

It's the affirmation decks full of bountiful hay house healing that you should be scared of.

Miss Divine

It's superficially dark. It seems a bit "face value" to think it has bad, scarey vibes simply because it is all about fallen angels.

I don't think t's any more or less negative than others around.

I like it and still dig it out and use it. I think the darkness is superficial. No more scarey than black eyeliner and studded wrist bands and a teenage scowl.

It's the affirmation decks full of bountiful hay house healing that you should be scared of.

Thanks for your reply!
She said it felt like it attracted dark things around her while using it. At first I laughed about it, but later on it did make me stop and think about it (after I already told her I would buy it from her). I don't get spooked easily, and I prefer decks that have both positive and negative messages instead of the fluffy Hayhouse decks you mentioned. But I also don't want to attract some negative being inside my home either. :D I must admit though, I love the imagery!

WhiteWolfy

I had this deck but traded it, for me the deck was too negative. I too like light and shade in decks but this was far too negative whenever i did ANY reading but then maybe it is that type of deck (doomsayer) just my opinion, I was drawn to the imagery when i bought it. You can always try it out and if it's not for you just trade it on.

Miss Divine

I had this deck but traded it, for me the deck was too negative. I too like light and shade in decks but this was far too negative whenever i did ANY reading but then maybe it is that type of deck (doomsayer) just my opinion, I was drawn to the imagery when i bought it. You can always try it out and if it's not for you just trade it on.

Are you saying it has more negative cards than positive ones? I hope this isn't the case because then I know I won't be liking it either.

WhiteWolfy

I am not sure now, it was quite a while ago (18 months ago) when i had it but maybe it was a deck i just didn't get on with. I might actually buy it again (it's cheap enough) and see how it reads for me now and see how i get on with it this time around. I would say give the deck a try and see what you think, you may get on with it, you have nothing to lose :)

Miss Divine

I am not sure now, it was quite a while ago (18 months ago) when i had it but maybe it was a deck i just didn't get on with. I might actually buy it again (it's cheap enough) and see how it reads for me now and see how i get on with it this time around. I would say give the deck a try and see what you think, you may get on with it, you have nothing to lose :)

Well, my friend came over yesterday and brought it with her. I've read the whole booklet last night and I find that even the negative messages also offer some positive action steps to take. I like this alot about it. I also like the artwork. I've done two 1 card readings with it so far, with specific questions in mind, and it really resonated. If I would have known this about the deck, I definitely would've purchased it on my own alot sooner. What a breath of fresh air compared to many and most other oracle decks out there!

Madrigal

Yes, I realize this thread is 2+ years old but...

Does anyone have anything to add now that they've had this deck for a while? I've read through all the threads on it. I love the ethereal, earthy artwork and I'm intrigued by the concept but I wonder how it actually reads. The realm of the Djinn isn't one to be taken lightly so I'm wondering, what kinds of readings does one do with a deck like this? And how many purely negative cards are there? By that I mean cards where the meaning leaves little wiggle-room for a more expansive interpretation.

The Happy Squirrel

I have been looking at this deck too :)

Celtictarot

I bought the deck but sold it. I noticed I had a lot more spirits in the house with the deck. I did notice what appeared to be Archangel Michael's aura on the top of the stairs. Now I have my share of the more darker decks, but since getting rid of the deck, I haven't seen the same amount of spirits, I kept seeing blue aura spirits in the house and a shadow person at my front door!