Flotsam and Jetsam Divinations! Read your junk! All Junkies Welcome!

Cat*

Hi NorthernTigress,

Here's your reading. :)

NorthernTigress said:
"What's coming up for the next week or two?"
I picked nine items for you, with the same method I used in my previous reading.

They make a pattern of one group with four items closely together, (almost) touching each other, and a wavy line of five more items that are spaced quite evenly.

Let's look at the cluster first. Here we have a Wallaby jawbone, a dried jalapeno pepper, a Pig tusk, and an astrological die with the sign for Pisces showing. Three of these items are long, slightly curved, and pointed, all pointing towards the upper left corner of the throwing mat. The almost make an arrow, so I'd say there is some energy going in this direction. It could be a literal direction (Northwest) or a figurative one (between the elements of Water and Earth). Is there an ocean or large body of water located in that direction from where you are now? The Pisces sign makes me think of both water and fish, so that would support this idea.

Another item (a piece of a Deer jaw joint) also points up to that direction, so I'm reading the line at the bottom as an illustration of what's coming for you from that place/direction.

The first piece in that line is a button that's lying face-down. I have two buttons in this oracle, one with an anchor, the other with a ship's steering wheel, so let's see which one we've got here... It's the anchor. From the back it's vaguely S-shaped, so maybe something/someone with that letter will demand your attention. Anchors are about staying where you are, but this one isn't face-up, so I'm reading it as a loss of attachment and/or grounding.

Next comes a bottle-green glass marble that makes me want to dive into it because it feels so calm and quiet. It's also the item that's lowest in this spread, so I take it as the basis, maybe the calm inside the storm?

Upwards from that lies a silver bell, also one of two in the kit. This one is open where the other is closed, and makes a higher, flatter sound. It opens toward the West/left side of the throw, so there will be an announcement of what's coming, and you might also feel a little alarmed.

Finally, there's a wooden butterfly, flying towards the bottom/South edge of the throw. It makes me think of transformation, in a light and easy way. Or maybe it just looks easy, because there's actually quite some struggle involved in turning into a butterfly. It also takes time, so don't let the incoming things rush over you. Make sure these things really concern you - and if they don't, just fly by.

There are three teeth/jaw pieces in this throw, so whatever is coming will be something for you to chew on. The jalapeno also is a mini rattle, which goes with the bell, butterfly, and the element of Air (have you been calling on any Spirits?). The enclosed seeds of the pepper tell me that this is a beginning of something, with an emphasis on potential rather than realization for now. The Pig tusk speaks of sharing the riches, and not wasting material or energy.

The cluster feels like quite a mouthful, so there may be a lot coming in at once (or one big topic with a couple of sub-elements). Maybe the wisest reaction - if you can't avoid it - would be to just let it sink through to the bottom instead of making any rash decisions.

I hope this makes sense to you! I'm still trying to get a feel for these kinds of readings, so I hope I'm not completely off. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm looking forward to your feedback! :)

Attachments

• F+Jreading_northerntigress.jpg
    F+Jreading_northerntigress.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 68

NorthernTigress

Cat* said:
Hi NorthernTigress,

Here's your reading. :)

I picked nine items for you, with the same method I used in my previous reading.

They make a pattern of one group with four items closely together, (almost) touching each other, and a wavy line of five more items that are spaced quite evenly.

Let's look at the cluster first. Here we have a Wallaby jawbone, a dried jalapeno pepper, a Pig tusk, and an astrological die with the sign for Pisces showing. Three of these items are long, slightly curved, and pointed, all pointing towards the upper left corner of the throwing mat. The almost make an arrow, so I'd say there is some energy going in this direction. It could be a literal direction (Northwest) or a figurative one (between the elements of Water and Earth). Is there an ocean or large body of water located in that direction from where you are now? The Pisces sign makes me think of both water and fish, so that would support this idea.

Well, I do travel northwest several times a week, to go to my business office, and I do have to cross a body of water (river) to get there. My husband is also a Pisces. (It's funny because for the longest time, I had his zodiac sign completely wrong.)

Another item (a piece of a Deer jaw joint) also points up to that direction, so I'm reading the line at the bottom as an illustration of what's coming for you from that place/direction.

Deer makes me think of Red Deer, the town where my brother lives. But that's directly south of me. I haven't heard anything from my brother in a while. Other than my nephew announcing on Facebook that he's getting his first cell phone. :D

The first piece in that line is a button that's lying face-down. I have two buttons in this oracle, one with an anchor, the other with a ship's steering wheel, so let's see which one we've got here... It's the anchor. From the back it's vaguely S-shaped, so maybe something/someone with that letter will demand your attention. Anchors are about staying where you are, but this one isn't face-up, so I'm reading it as a loss of attachment and/or grounding.

Well, my Pisces husband's name does start with the letter S. Lately, I have been feeling tied down. Maybe I need to "drift" a little.

Next comes a bottle-green glass marble that makes me want to dive into it because it feels so calm and quiet. It's also the item that's lowest in this spread, so I take it as the basis, maybe the calm inside the storm?

Upwards from that lies a silver bell, also one of two in the kit. This one is open where the other is closed, and makes a higher, flatter sound. It opens toward the West/left side of the throw, so there will be an announcement of what's coming, and you might also feel a little alarmed.

I could definitely use some cool green serenity right now. Since the change in the weather, things have gotten really crazy at my day-job (as opposed to my business. It's complicated). The last few days, since Friday, have been quite "alarming". I'm hoping that as the boss gets more organized, things will calm down.

Finally, there's a wooden butterfly, flying towards the bottom/South edge of the throw. It makes me think of transformation, in a light and easy way. Or maybe it just looks easy, because there's actually quite some struggle involved in turning into a butterfly. It also takes time, so don't let the incoming things rush over you. Make sure these things really concern you - and if they don't, just fly by.

There are three teeth/jaw pieces in this throw, so whatever is coming will be something for you to chew on. The jalapeno also is a mini rattle, which goes with the bell, butterfly, and the element of Air (have you been calling on any Spirits?). The enclosed seeds of the pepper tell me that this is a beginning of something, with an emphasis on potential rather than realization for now. The Pig tusk speaks of sharing the riches, and not wasting material or energy.

I haven't been deliberately contacting spirits, though I have encountered one by chance. I've discovered a gnome living in a tree a block away from where I live. There's also a little bit of spiritual trouble nearby. A friend who lives in the building behind mine has some serious "bad energy" in her building. It's pretty bad when even I can feel it.

The cluster feels like quite a mouthful, so there may be a lot coming in at once (or one big topic with a couple of sub-elements). Maybe the wisest reaction - if you can't avoid it - would be to just let it sink through to the bottom instead of making any rash decisions.

I hope this makes sense to you! I'm still trying to get a feel for these kinds of readings, so I hope I'm not completely off. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm looking forward to your feedback! :)

Well, I'm not sure if it all makes sense :laugh:, but it gives me a lot to think about.

Thanks!

rhombchick

Ha! Great reading!
Thank you for doing it for me. Sorry, I've been a bit AWOL from AT lately and missed this post.
NorthernTigress said:
Interpretation:

The tiger seems very important to me. I feel like it represents the mail carrier. Standing on top of the sun suggests to me a very dominant position. The tiger has its back to the querant/adventurer piece. I almost feel like "it's not about you", that on an instinctive/intuitive level, he doesn't pay a lot attention to his clients. I think maybe he's stuck in a rut, maybe even on "automatic pilot". The tiger's head is pointing toward the Environment quadrant. Maybe he focuses more on the physical environment than he does on the social aspects of his job. Snowflake obsidian is a stone used to create balance and bring out hidden forces. It looks to me as if the stone is being "fed" to the Tiger. Maybe you need to find a way to show him some of what I've seen here. Not in a confrontational way; more like subtly helping him to find balance.
That's interesting. I don't think he cares much about his clients either. He is the boss so he can do what he wants I guess. I don't know how to bring balance though. I am polite but he is an ass.... It's hard enough being polite, let alone try to help him somehow...
In the Intellect quadrant, everything all topsy-turvy. The flipped-over tortoise makes me think that someone feels helpless. Maybe you, maybe him. I see coral, which makes me think of growth, on top of a fabric covered with patterns. A need grow out of established mental patterns. The glass on top of the reversed leather piece suggests smoothing over rough patches. The leopard, like the tiger, is trying to get into the Environment quadrant.
He has a physical disability with one of his legs and walks with a large limp. Maybe that is why the turtle is on it's back? I don't think he sees himself as helpless but perhaps he hates that others do?
I feel that the physical environment is really important here. Is there any way you can make things easier/more comfortable when you get your deliveries? I'm saying this because of all the "peeking over the wall" into this quadrant. Also, the jeans label reminds me of the idea of a comfortable pair of jeans. The acorn reminds me of growth and potential, and the rose is maybe a peace offering. The rose is upside down from my point of view, but right side up to the tiger.
I can make things easier, yes, but what's easier for him is then harder for me. It would cost me a lot of money and I am not sure that having him be in a good mood is worth it.
I leave home early on a wednesday and am not home to receive my mail slip that tells me I have packages to pick up, I would have to come home, pick up the slip then drive back and pick up my packages then drive home again. Which is roughly a 60km round trip, which is a lot of fuel when you add it all up (fuel is an added 20c dearer out here a litre because we live in the sticks).
To avoid the trip, I just walk in and ask if I have any packages to pick up.... which then makes him cranky pants.
I find it very interesting that the fewest items are in the emotional quadrant. Maybe things aren't as serious as it first appears. I see another flower, this one very close to the tiger. Another peace offering. Maybe your mail carrier just needs a little bit of attention? The round piece has three colors on it: green, blue and orange. The first time I saw it, it reminded me a sunset, or a sunrise. Here, the colors are all sideways, which makes me think of mid-day. Not noon, more like early afternoon. I think this is the time of day that your mail carrier is emotionally at his best. He might me more tired/stressed at the beginning or ending of his shift.

I hope this is helpful in some way.
That's the time of day I usually go to enquire about my packages! :D

Your reading was very spot on.
I know he is angry because I don't have my slip with me when I ask him about packages but it's such a trivial little thing.
I guess I am just going to have to deal with it because I am too impatient to wait a couple of days to pick up my packages, I just can't justify an extra trip into town, when I am already there and all he has to do is have a look....
I never go in when I know I don't have packages... actually, I don't think I've ever asked him for packages and had him come back empty handed.

Thanks for your reading.
I might consider resisting the impulse and just waiting a couple of extra days to get my mail.... but when you have a new deck arriving... It's hard to resist temptation... :D

NorthernTigress

Thanks, Rhomb, for your feedback. I hope I wasn't pestering you too much. :D

Does anyone else have any questions? I've got most of the evening to myself, and I wouldn't mind doing another throw or two.