From Pathway to Tree stuff

Tinkerbel

Since my previous thread http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=270640 collected so many interesting points of views and interpretations that I decided to delve deeper into the Book meaning.

So new reading, new question:

I pulled Book out of my deck and did a 5-line spread with the question: What kind of 'secret' is Book referring to that is making him unwilling/ unable to build a more solid connection with me?

Stars-Cross-Tree-Bear-Rider

Star: He's a very creative entrepreneur who makes himself quite visible on social media so could Stars be referring to his network or goals for the future in terms of business?

Cross: Some type of burden or martyrdom is connected to his dreams/ goals. Or perhaps Cross + Tree is signaling that he's building on his creative empire so much that his health is lacking.

Tree: I usually see Tree as health but wondering if in this case it could literally mean Family Tree? It would fit in this context regarding his parents and House in the previous reading.

Bear: Either representing his mother (deceased) or an issue with feeling like he needs to be strongly committed to his financial goals. So much so that he's not letting new people (Rider) into his life.

Rider: New people or strong, powerful movement combined with Bear. Rider is facing left in my deck and is therefore facing the previous cards.

My guess is that what is the secret regarding Book is that he won't let me close because he either is very purposefully with strong will committing to his dreams and goals (Star). This could be a conviction past down to him from his family (Tree). However he isn't seeing that he's burdening (Cross) himself with this mindset so powerfully (Bear) that he's closing himself off from new people coming into his life. (Rider).

I don't know :s Now I can do another spread on what Cross and Tree stand for....*sigh*

As always appreciating your views :)

Barleywine

Keeping it simple:

When Tree doesn't specifically indicate health, it can show something that is of long duration. Stars + Cross + Tree could show a stretch of bad luck (Stars + Cross) that lasts quite a while (Cross + Tree); add in Bear and it could cost him quite a bit of money as well. Maybe he's still trying to recover from a bad investment made some time ago. In this difficult scenario, perhaps the Rider indicates bad financial news (Bear + Rider). Your previous observation that he could be completely absorbed in his work might be out of desperation and not strictly for the love of it. If he's entrepreneurial, maybe he leveraged the business with loans and the notes are being called in (Bear + Rider).

DownUnderNZer

I feel you use the "French System", so will stay with that one so as not cause confusion.

What kind of 'secret' is Book referring to that is making him unwilling/ unable to build a more solid connection with me?

Maybe it is not really about keeping secrets.

It could be about him finding it difficult to "establish" himself and to "realize" his ideals and what have you. As in finding it hard or a concern in making what he most wants concrete or come to life.

And this is a "deep rooted concern" likely stemming back to the past with his family and upbringing (Cross + Tree). Personally, I would think there could be a "pattern" in which his parents (other family members) may not have accomplished too much during their lives, so that is something he is only too aware of and it worries him that he might not be able to build something for himself etc.

It goes deep and likely has an overbearing influence in some ways for sure.

The thing is - I think he might be the type that needs to be in control and it is important for him to be strong and not to show any weakness. He wants others to see that he is "strong" and in "control". But really speaking, to me, it is the difference between knowing you can do something and those little voices telling you: "You are not good enough" or "You are not made of that kind of material" etc etc etc.

I think that in part is what might be going on with him.

In addition, it is like he is waiting for something "new" or to take on a "fresh or new direction" only whatever concerns or worries he has that go back into his past might be holding him back a bit.

Lastly, I do think he will take that step in a new direction (future) or whatever it might be, but he first needs to deal with what holds him back.

DND :)

DownUnderNZer

Just adding: Another possibility to this is that he likely wants to be his own boss rather than to work for someone else. So, that may be something close to home for him as well.

I feel you use the "French System", so will stay with that one so as not cause confusion.

What kind of 'secret' is Book referring to that is making him unwilling/ unable to build a more solid connection with me?

It could be about him finding it difficult to "establish" himself and to "realize" his ideals and what have you. As in finding it hard or a concern in making what he most wants concrete or come to life.

And this is a "deep rooted concern" likely stemming back to the past with his family and upbringing (Cross + Tree). Personally, I would think there could be a "pattern" in which his parents (other family members) may not have accomplished too much during their lives, so that is something he is only too aware of and it worries him that he might not be able to build something for himself etc.

The thing is - I think he might be the type that needs to be in control and it is important for him to be strong and not to show any weakness. He wants others to see that he is "strong" and in "control". But really speaking, to me, it is the difference between knowing you can do something and those little voices telling you: "You are not good enough" or "You are not made of that kind of material" etc etc etc.

In addition, it is like he is waiting for something "new" or to take on a "fresh or new direction" only whatever concerns or worries he has that go back into his past might be holding him back a bit.

Lastly, I do think he will take that step in a new direction (future) or whatever it might be, but he first needs to deal with what holds him back.

Tinkerbel

Keeping it simple:

When Tree doesn't specifically indicate health, it can show something that is of long duration. Stars + Cross + Tree could show a stretch of bad luck (Stars + Cross) that lasts quite a while (Cross + Tree); add in Bear and it could cost him quite a bit of money as well. Maybe he's still trying to recover from a bad investment made some time ago. In this difficult scenario, perhaps the Rider indicates bad financial news (Bear + Rider). Your previous observation that he could be completely absorbed in his work might be out of desperation and not strictly for the love of it. If he's entrepreneurial, maybe he leveraged the business with loans and the notes are being called in (Bear + Rider).

Oh indeed long duration, another good interpretation of Tree. The stretch of bad luck is I think even an understatement. Losing his dad was hard on him and he had a mental break down afterwards himself so your comment def fits. With regards to Bear and Rider, he has 2 businesses of his own. So its really quite possible that he lost some money and he's just focussing on getting that balanced again.

I actually expected to see cards indicating another woman as "secret' but it looks like the issue for him is more 'mundane'

Thank you once again Barley! :) <3

Tinkerbel

Yes, agreed. It doesn't look like Book is indicating a secret as such but establishing issues (House) from the previous reading. Cards regarding growth (tree) Finances (bear) def allude to that. Like I mentioned in Barley's feedback; I thought I would've gotten an indication of another woman since I got Pathway in the last read but it looks more like an issue of making something of himself.

Another good point you make is needing to be strong and in control. He is an Aries (like me) and we both have that tendency of not wanting to appear weak. He certainly portrays that on the outside but since we are very alike in this regard, I do know better. He would be the man from the Chariot, armor on the outside but sensitive deep down.

In any event I think you picked up on something important here which connects the previous reading as well. There's a pattern thats concerned with being someone and making life comfortable and stable.

Amazing insight :) Thank you so much, appreciate all these words of wisdom <3

Tinkerbel

Just adding: Another possibility to this is that he likely wants to be his own boss rather than to work for someone else. So, that may be something close to home for him as well.

Oh but he already is his own boss. A true King of Wands entrepreneur at heart! :)

DownUnderNZer

I think you mentioned this in your last thread about him having his own business.
I feel it ties in with him being in control and not just that - he carries a burden or weight on his shoulders.

If I wanted to know about another or if he was the commitment type - the cards can be asked directly. E.g. How likely is he to commit to me in the next year or so?

And this "secret" with "book" is not something like that because of the other cards and it usually means keeping something not to cause issues or even things being revealed soon.

If Fox or Snake came up a different story.

Oh but he already is his own boss. A true King of Wands entrepreneur at heart! :)

Tinkerbel

I think you mentioned this in your last thread about him having his own business.
I feel it ties in with him being in control and not just that - he carries a burden or weight on his shoulders.

If I wanted to know about another or if he was the commitment type - the cards can be asked directly. E.g. How likely is he to commit to me in the next year or so?

And this "secret" with "book" is not something like that because of the other cards and it usually means keeping something not to cause issues or even things being revealed soon.

If Fox or Snake came up a different story.

Yes, its became increasingly clear now that 'building his own empire' is huge factor for him. Perhaps making deeper connections make him feel like it distracts him. I agree, the cards don't indicate some shady issue love wise but rather keeping things in closed boundaries. I've also drawn the Tower quite a bit in regards with him.

Thanks again for breaking this reading down for me/ with me to a good analyses. Helps a lot! :) <3

Barleywine

What I've taken away from this is a better appreciation of the Book as "discovery" rather than "concealment." Not long ago I was reading Rachel Pollack's companion book to the Burning Serpent deck, and she mentioned that some decks show the Book as open, while others show it as closed, implying that one reveals its contents and the other keeps it hidden. I think - at least in this case - I like the idea of imparting knowledge better than withholding it, recognizing that either one is possible with this card.