Gardener's 8 Types Of Intelligence - Poll

Your Intelligence Strength?

• Linguistic intelligence ("word smart")

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Musical intelligence ("music smart")

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

rachelcat

Linguistic for me--no surprise there!

18% Logical, 31% Spatial, 65% Linguistic, 20% Intrapersonal, 8% Interpersonal, 41% Musical, 4% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 47% Naturalistic!

This looks about right for me. Except the part about being able to learn foreign languages. I do pretty well with English, so I just get frustrated with another language because it doesn't come to me as easily! Hmm, maybe that's 44% Lazy!!!

cherryberry

22% Logical, 63% Spatial, 27% Linguistic, 18% Intrapersonal, 4% Interpersonal, 51% Musical, 12% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 39% Naturalistic

spatial :) I dont even know what that really means ;) tss

bhakti

Musical here

Musical 61%
Linguistic 53%
Spatial 37%
Intrapersonal 35%
Interpersonal 20%
Logical 8%
Naturalistic 8%
Bodily-Kinesthetic 2%

WolfyJames

Intrapersonal

27% Logical, 22% Spatial, 37% Linguistic, 61% Intrapersonal, 12% Interpersonal, 18% Musical, 16% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 33% Naturalistic!

"This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. Those who are strongest in this intelligence are typically introverts and prefer to work alone. They are usually highly self-aware and capable of understanding their own emotions, goals and motivations. They often have an affinity for thought-based pursuits such as philosophy. They learn best when allowed to concentrate on the subject by themselves. There is often a high level of perfectionism associated with this intelligence.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include philosophers, psychologists, theologians, writers and scientists."

Eowyn

intrapersonal

ha ha ha

LOL

no wonders :D

41% Logical, 29% Spatial, 10% Linguistic, 59% Intrapersonal, 0% Interpersonal, 27% Musical, 51% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 27% Naturalistic!

My favorite answer was the one about.... yoga })

Glass Owl

cherryberry said:
22% Logical, 63% Spatial, 27% Linguistic, 18% Intrapersonal, 4% Interpersonal, 51% Musical, 12% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 39% Naturalistic

spatial :) I dont even know what that really means ;) tss

People who are strong in visual-spatial intelligence are good at visualizing things. These individuals are often good with directions as well as maps, charts, videos and pictures.

Characteristics of Visual-Spatial Intelligence

* Enjoys reading and writing
* Good at putting puzzles together
* Good at interpreting pictures, graphs and charts
* Enjoys drawing, painting and the visual arts
* Recognizes patterns easily

Potential Career Choices include:

* Architect
* Artist
* Engineer
Source

You may also like to read this article on Spatial Intelligence. I like how this article brings up a quote from William Blake and how he emphasized the role of imagination in seeing: "The mind sees through the eye."

I think that those of you who are Spatial dominate look at the images on a Tarot deck and are better able to visualize them in a 3D way (and pick up on the details) than I can.

aja

Intrapersonal

18% Logical,
37% Spatial,
33% Linguistic,
59% Intrapersonal,
18% Interpersonal,
24% Musical,
16% Bodily-Kinesthetic
31% Naturalistic!

Fascinating. I was surprised that I didn't score higher on Linquistics, but there's a pretty even balance of the next for attributes. I may seek out another couple of these tests, as it's the first time I've come across this.

The crowned one

Naturalistic

35% Logical, 29% Spatial, 35% Linguistic, 41% Intrapersonal, 27% Interpersonal, 8% Musical, 6% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 57% Naturalistic.

I neither agree or disagree, just an observation of his test.

Chiska

Musings from a Spatial Person

I am spatial and have known that for a long time. Here is how it works for me - just some examples of things I have said to others.

"Just shut up and DRAW me a picture already."

"I can't tell you how to get there, but let me draw you a map."

"I can SEE what you are saying."

Other person: "Good grief, can't you understand anything?? Do I have to draw you a picture??" me: "YES!!!"

Also...When listening to a lecture, I have to draw what I hear. Not necessarily WRITE it, but drawn it. When I explain things to students, I MUST have a paper and pencil so I can draw it out - which helps me verbalize the explanation for the other kinds of learners out there.

I learn through my hands and my eyes. When I want to draw something, I can't *just* look at it, I have to touch it. I trace with my fingers. I do math in my head and in the air (w/ my pointer finger). As a child, I always drew horses. They were pasable, but not great. Then in college, I had a job as a groom. After that, my horses were MUCH more realistic because my hands had touched what my eyes had seen and I could remember that through my pencil.

Oddly, though, I have very poor eye/body coordination (A perceptual-motor lag), but I do have good eye/hand coordination. I also am everybody's first choice for finding small objects on busy looking surfaces because I can always see them - I just look for the disruption in the pattern. I see visual patterns all the time. I can't stand things to NOT be symmetrical. I cannot see past the rain drops on my windshield and must have the wipers go during all levels of precipitation.

I learned about this a million years ago when I was in high school. I was given a test with images of 3 dimensional objects that were disassembled, but still basically a single piece of paper (so to speak). I could look at it and tell you what it would look like if assembled. Also, I could look at images of gears and pullies and tell you exactly what would operate what.

So, in case anybody had questions about spatial intelligence, hopefully this gives an idea.

Teheuti

Linguistic

31% Logical, 16% Spatial, 65% Linguistic, 49% Intrapersonal, 12% Interpersonal, 14% Musical, 2% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 35% Naturalistic