Ghost & Spirit study group

Lil Red

Anyone interested in starting up a Ghost & Spirit studing group to see what other meaning we can up with then what the images gives us? You'll never know what you'll find in there. :)

strings of life

A close friend of mine swears by this as a reading deck and I'm really drawn to many of the cards. I ended up starting to take notes (paper) and will eventually type everything out to post here.

I've focusing on my own interpretation of the symbolism and am taking into account Hunt's use of the type of ghost or spirit, but am not typing myself to her meaning if I feel like it doesn't fit for me. I'm not going to worry about actual ghost or spirit is right now but may do more research if that's the direction I end up going in.

Anyone still using this deck and wants to dive in, feel free!

Lil Red

A close friend of mine swears by this as a reading deck and I'm really drawn to many of the cards. I ended up starting to take notes (paper) and will eventually type everything out to post here.

I've focusing on my own interpretation of the symbolism and am taking into account Hunt's use of the type of ghost or spirit, but am not typing myself to her meaning if I feel like it doesn't fit for me. I'm not going to worry about actual ghost or spirit is right now but may do more research if that's the direction I end up going in.

Anyone still using this deck and wants to dive in, feel free!

I'm still using this wonderful deck and would love to dive in with it. I already have a binder full of notes with this deck yet they tend to change each time I use this deck. Also, I am with you on focusing on my own interpretation than using Hunt. It make sense and I get to create my own little stories with it. :)

strings of life

I'm still using this wonderful deck and would love to dive in with it. I already have a binder full of notes with this deck yet they tend to change each time I use this deck. Also, I am with you on focusing on my own interpretation than using Hunt. It make sense and I get to create my own little stories with it. :)
I'm so glad that you are still working with this deck!

I have been taking notes in a small Moleskine notebook and an want to add them to an online journal/blog (that is private, soon to be public at a later date), as well as post them here for discussion. Getting a binder seems like a great idea :thumbsup:; I'll start one as well.

I normally like to go through cards randomly since we will be working at a different pace. I'll post in the thread in Tarot Decks as well and see if anyone else is interested in this Study Group.

I'll start posting this week.

Lil Red

I'm so glad that you are still working with this deck!

Yup! :D

I have been taking notes in a small Moleskine notebook and an want to add them to an online journal/blog (that is private, soon to be public at a later date), as well as post them here for discussion. Getting a binder seems like a great idea :thumbsup:; I'll start one as well.

I have done that too, writing it in a beautiful notebook but it was hard to keep it organize that I got fed up and got myself a 3 ring binder. Now I keep my notes organize as well I can look back and forth to see how much it changed with how I used to see it to now.

I normally like to go through cards randomly since we will be working at a different pace. I'll post in the thread in Tarot Decks as well and see if anyone else is interested in this Study Group.

I'll start posting this week.

The more the merrier! :)

strings of life

Just an update: I won't be posting this week, but will start mid-next week. There's just too much going on.

I just received a great book called The Weiser Field Guide to Ghosts by Raymond Buckland (creator of the Buckland Romani Tarot), from a fellow member here via the "I Don't Love You Giveaway thread". It has background on some of the ghosts and spirits featured in the deck :thumbsup:.

Lil Red

Just an update: I won't be posting this week, but will start mid-next week. There's just too much going on.

I just received a great book called The Weiser Field Guide to Ghosts by Raymond Buckland (creator of the Buckland Romani Tarot), from a fellow member here via the "I Don't Love You Giveaway thread". It has background on some of the ghosts and spirits featured in the deck :thumbsup:.

I am going to check out the book. It sure sounds interesting especially since I'm a fan of Raymond Buckland.

WhiteRaven

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in starting up this study group again ?

Onyx

I am not sure what I can commit to doing but I like the deck and I am very tempted to get the app on my phone and then playing with it a bit more.

My main issues is that many of the stories behind the cards are very new to me and so while I like the imagery I have a bit of a hard time connecting to the cards in a reading.

If you are looking to post then I might look to comment.

Onyx.

Chimera Dust

I'd like to get the deck though I'm not sure yet since I've read some negative reviews of it that make me think it might not be my cup of tea. If I get it, I'd like to join, and if this starts before I get it I'll still keep an eye on it in the mean time. :)

I have some issues with Raymond Buckland though I've enjoyed some of his writings, I'll check out that book if I end up getting this deck.