Goodwill Auctions?

Arimaya

After having a run in with ordering a deck and getting a book instead, I just always pick a couple sellers for an item i want and ASK. Ask ask ask.

AJ

I forgot about goodwill being a marketplace seller on Amazon, I've gotten tons of books and audio books from them via that venue.

Amazon is different from Goodwill auctions in that you have recourse via Amazon if you get the wrong, or ill-described thing.

gregory

I forgot about goodwill being a marketplace seller on Amazon, I've gotten tons of books and audio books from them via that venue.

Amazon is different from Goodwill auctions in that you have recourse via Amazon if you get the wrong, or ill-described thing.
Good point. I must look at their auction site...

Scarlet Woodland

Funny you bring this up now as I received my Dusty White Advanced Tarot Secrets from them this morning (via amazon marketplace).

The book was described as used-acceptable and advised it may have notes and scribbles in it, so obviously checked it from back to front immediately. All clear... all clear... oh. Yes, it does indeed have scribbles... Dusty's scribbles. Its signed copy #138 :D

Yelell

After having a run in with ordering a deck and getting a book instead, I just always pick a couple sellers for an item i want and ASK. Ask ask ask.

When I'm looking through the used items (cards or books) available for sale I usually avoid the generic descriptions as well "may be a library copy, may not have dust jacket" etc, and stick to the more personalized descriptions - like someone actually cared enough to check what they really had. If you're very lucky they'll say "book only" or "cards and book."

.... By the way, do tell everyone here EXACTLY what you're bidding on and where! It's not like you'll find anyone on this forum interested in silly little tarot cards. ::joke:

----> Who's Online: 1016 (159 members and 857 guests) <----

gregory

Oh I can use my US mole. (*waves; you know who you are :D*) But actually I have them all. Even so - that Skor-mor one is wonderful stuff, very HTF I believe (never needed to look; got it in the 70s !) - and at the price... It even comes with a book I've never seen - but probably have with a different cover. (I think it's Eden Gray - but I never saw one that looks like that.) I never bid on a book with a title like that if the author's name cannot be seen. And - well, I'm not going to say which others would be worth picking up, but assuming they are complete, there are a couple of corkers... :)

G6

Oh I can use my US mole. (*waves; you know who you are :D*) But actually I have them all. Even so - that Skor-mor one is wonderful stuff, very HTF I believe (never needed to look; got it in the 70s !) - and at the price... It even comes with a book I've never seen - but probably have with a different cover. (I think it's Eden Gray - but I never saw one that looks like that.) I never bid on a book with a title like that if the author's name cannot be seen. And - well, I'm not going to say which others would be worth picking up, but assuming they are complete, there are a couple of corkers... :)

Good idea! I'm going to have to get a Euro mole. :)

Shhhh. I shouldn't have posted this thread...