Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Tarot Galadriel

ooh they do look nice.
I am so tempted but have been resisting so far. I too was wondering how the corners would look, but they look fine.
I was worried about the card quality too as it is a little flimsy and seems to mark easily, I was wondering how they fare after trimming, if the edges would fray easily. Mind you, I think they would anyway........

Hubby and daughter are off the France for the whole day tomorrow, if I get bored I know what I may do now, plenty of time to fill :eek:)

You people are such a bad influence LOL

Kissa

hmmmm... they look vrey good indeed, thanks for posting, Sulis!!

ok. now i have to get the corner rounder, obviously :D

kissa

Jewel-ry

They do look really good don't they?

Where did you get your corner rounder then Sulis?

Sulis

Jewel-ry said:
They do look really good don't they?

Where did you get your corner rounder then Sulis?

I got it from Hobby Craft.

Cost a couple of quid :)

Love

Sulis xx

Kissa

i have a big US games Thoth coming to me, somewhere between Missouri or Minnesota (Tarot Garden) and Finland and it is getting a fresh haircut as soon as it arrives here.

My scissors and brand new corner puncher are *very* impatient.

Would someone like to join me and trim their own Thoth? See what you can get, with a bit of patience and lots of time...

Attachments

• Yaboot's masterpiece.bmp
    191.7 KB · Views: 201

Rhiamon

Kissa said:
i have a big US games Thoth coming to me, somewhere between Missouri or Minnesota (Tarot Garden) and Finland and it is getting a fresh haircut as soon as it arrives here.

My scissors and brand new corner puncher are *very* impatient.

Would someone like to join me and trim their own Thoth? See what you can get, with a bit of patience and lots of time...
those look awesome!!!!!

Zephyros

They really do look splendid. Makes me want to do the same with mine. Not that I mind the keywords that much, only the borders look a bit like skeleton bones, and I'm not crazy about them.

Blue Fury

Oh gawd, I am getting palpitations just READING about cutting up Thoth let alone contemplating actually doing the deed.

And yet....

well, I gotta say I LIKE what Yaboot has managed to do to his deck, it looks amazing...

hands are shaking now as I contemplate the unthinkable ... eek!!!

Gonna have to get me a spare deck to experiment with, dammit :)

Fury x (sweating nervously)

tieduptinkerbell

brave

when i was little my barbies hair was uneven on one side...so i cut it. then it was uneven on the other. so i cut that side too. then it was uneven on the first side again...so i cut it again...

soon my barbie looked like she was a punkrocker...and that was before there was such a thing...lmao

that would be the reason i would never cut a deck. if i made a mistake i would be cutting them till all that remained was a 1x1 inch square...shakes head...

more power to the scissor people!

love Bell
x

Kissa

tieduptinkerbell said:
when i was little my barbies hair was uneven on one side...so i cut it. then it was uneven on the other. so i cut that side too. then it was uneven on the first side again...so i cut it again...

oh! that reminds me of when i was young! i too did that to my barbie dolls.

and i am just doing it right now to my druidcraft, i'm afraid (sensitive souls, don't read the following).

first the cards were too big, cut them square but couldn't do the corners because i had no corner puncher.
last week i found one but it's a real cheap nasty thing that fell in the shop (i know because i was there when it happened... ok, i DROPPED it) and it doesn't block/hold the card when it's inserted so the corners sometimes are not centered. and the borders too get cut unevenly in the process...
so glad this happens with the druidcraft and not with a nice deck like nthe Thoth ;) LOL

kissa

PS: and i got a corner puncher by Fiskars too http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/...punches/photo-corner-punch-round/default.aspx but it makes two extra lines and anyway doesn't cut through the cardboard. perfect loss of time.