Help Interpreting (long)

zhadee

So I asked her to shuffle and draw/lay the cards in the box layout. Here were the cards:

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

Her question was whether she should pursue a relationship with the other man.
I did not read the background story, I'll focus on the cards' message and the question.
First line: Your friend would 'sneak' into the wrong house
Second line: the man is bound to an ideal. She may find his attachment attractive - like a girl who falls in love with a guitar player.
Third line: your friend's a bit naive, and not fully grown up. She faces a major obstacle.

Now this 3rd line may of course be her child she wants to be with, so she does not leave her marriage. But it may also be that she lacks the inner poise of mastering the task which demands something else but childlike innocense and intense wishful thinking. She may like thinking of pursueing a relationship (Lady + Ring), but the nature of that relationship could be something dreamlike (Ring + Stars).

The centre of the spread is the Ring. Let's look deeper into that connection. I'll combine each card with the Ring
a) toxic (Snake). The Snake may also be 'the other woman'. Your friend may decide to cheat on her husband for the sake of her child to taste the 'forbidden fruit'.
b) confined (House). The House is something secret as nobody knows what's happening behind closed doors. It's also someting physical referring to the body.
c) sexy (Fox). Now, the cards are upfront. Your friend is a 'foxy' lady.
This could hint that your friend is looking for the sexual aspect.
d) active (Man). It's either that she wants to chosen by the man she is interested in, or she wants to signal to her husband that the marriage is in danger.
e) idealistic (Star). Marriage is not romantic. When the honeymoon is over, something changes. Like Venus transforms to Moon or Saturn (sorry, can't help thinking of Saturn as the sourpuss wife). Or Mars transforms into Sun or Uranus (the Iceman). If your friend is in love with romance and eternal courtship, she gets pretty easily bored with the confinements of marriage. Which is in essence the union of two families' fortunes.
f) curious (Child). The urge to discover and explore. The joys of newness.
g) womanhood (Woman). In order to be a real woman, you friend may believe that she needs to be in a relationship. She may feel the need to be attached to another person.
h) significant (Cross). That could be a burden - your friend may feel guilty about not being happy in her marriage. You friend may also look for a significant person in order to raise her self-esteem.
If it's about the guitar player, your friend could as easily pick any streetmusician who knows how to play the guitar. But she could be looking for something else instead. Like fame, fortune, good-looks. Or being chosen by such a capricious person.

With that reading I thought an Option A, Option B, choice maker would be a good thing to try, but that threw me further. I drew 3 cards for each choice, Option A was staying in the marriage, and Option B was leaving. I drew the cards myself this time. Results

Option A
Grave, Ring, Key
Option B
Clouds, Bear, Letter
Your cards, your perception. This is your advice. =) Your friend came to you for help. These cards are your message.

A) You see that there's something wrong about the marriage. Could be the rough patch to master. And master she should, you seem to think or else you would not have picked the Key. The Key secures the Ring.
B) Going into the unknown, blwoing up dust in order to follow the passion which is likely to flatten and bottom out over time.

MoonLana

So I talked to my friend this morning, focusing on the choice spread and telling it the cards suggest that staying in the marriage is the right thing to do now at the moment. Her response was that she agreed, because to do so now, would be too much trouble. She said they are going through some legal matters right now, and when it's settled, they will have a sum which she wants to use to pay off their debt, which is where I think choice b was warning, like hey if you do get a divorce now, there will be lots of things that will have to sorted and it will be a lot of grief when you don't have to.

I love my friend but she seemed so....detached? When talking about waiting because it would more financially sound. Which I guess is practical, but seems odd all the same.

Thanks to everyone, but especially to DownUnderNZer and zhadee for really going in depth and helping me to understand the cards in a better manner, and how to look at how they work together.

zhadee

So I talked to my friend this morning, focusing on the choice spread and telling it the cards suggest that staying in the marriage is the right thing to do now at the moment. Her response was that she agreed, because to do so now, would be too much trouble. She said they are going through some legal matters right now, and when it's settled, they will have a sum which she wants to use to pay off their debt, which is where I think choice b was warning, like hey if you do get a divorce now, there will be lots of things that will have to sorted and it will be a lot of grief when you don't have to.

I love my friend but she seemed so....detached? When talking about waiting because it would more financially sound. Which I guess is practical, but seems odd all the same.

Thanks to everyone, but especially to DownUnderNZer and zhadee for really going in depth and helping me to understand the cards in a better manner, and how to look at how they work together.
Hi there, could you maybe give a bit more detailed feedback?

MoonLana

Now this 3rd line may of course be her child she wants to be with, so she does not leave her marriage. But it may also be that she lacks the inner poise of mastering the task which demands something else but childlike innocense and intense wishful thinking. She may like thinking of pursueing a relationship (Lady + Ring), but the nature of that relationship could be something dreamlike (Ring + Stars).

When she talked about the other guy I did feel like it was a relationship she was seeing with newness and as something better than her marriage, or at least that was her hope on it.

a) toxic (Snake). The Snake may also be 'the other woman'. Your friend may decide to cheat on her husband for the sake of her child to taste the 'forbidden fruit'.

You said you didn't really read too much of the background info so I will tell you that she did meet another man.

c) sexy (Fox). Now, the cards are upfront. Your friend is a 'foxy' lady.
This could hint that your friend is looking for the sexual aspect.

My friend is definitely all about the sex. She feels like its an important part of the relationship.

Sorry about the feedback being so late, I hadn't checked this thread until today.