Hidden Treasure Hunt

bluelagune

Um, okay, I'm surprised I got anything out of that right at all. I don't do cold readings, or even distance readings. But what about poison? I mean, "grievance" popped into my head, I saw a woman being dragged away and she wanted to be reunited with a loved one, I saw a man sipping wine while staring out at the ocean, I thought "Romeo and Juliet" (though those figures weren't them), and I saw a man getting upset and kicking at a row of cups laying on the ground. Then I thought that the connection between all of them was poison. They were all upset at an unfair judgement, as in a decision made by an official. But none of that seems like it would be related to a location. There was also a volcano in there somewhere, just a quick impression. If that's all wrong, I don't even care, I'm happy that there was something in my first impression so now I might be getting too excited and carried away with myself.

Well, all of these stories fit in this place. Except the volcano. :)

Focus on the name of the place.

dryadintheelm

Okay. I looked at what I wrote, "Romeo" jumped out at me... then I wondered if Julius Ceasar ('cause Rome) was poisoned, but when I googled Julius Ceasar I saw that no, he was stabbed (I was so in my own world during history class), but he was stabbed near the theater of Pompey (volcano). The scenes I saw seem to fit the feeling that he was an unfair ruler, causing unrest through his decisions (though that can be reaching it a little thin). Wine and poison seem to fit with the area and time frame that I was feeling, even if Ceasar himself wasn't poisoned. I'm somehow under the impression that poison was very prevalent there.

Eta - Right. Felt insecure about all that and googled "denarius" (why not, I already looked up Julius and his page reminded me that they made coins called that) and first felt that I was wrong because none of them looked like that. Then I scrolled further down. No way. I got to be wrong, I don't do distance readings.

Eta (again) - IF that is right (still not fully secure on it), or I guess even if it isn't what are you saying with the spilled cups there though? I mean, everywhere has spilled cups and loss and death, or were you thinking of something specific that would be a clue to the location with cups?

bluelagune

You've got the name right and I think you are seccond guessing with lots of unnecessary stuff.

Padma

hmmm....would it be unfair to guess, based on Dryad in the elm's guess? I have a different name, though.

dryadintheelm

You've got the name right and I think you are seccond guessing with lots of unnecessary stuff.

Woah. Seriously? Is it in a tomb? Just thinking about that burial mound.

Go ahead and guess, Padma. The name you have might lead you to a specific place in Rome. I'm happy with what I got, never thought I could do this kind of reading. Also, she said I got the name right, not the place. There's more than one Rome in the world. Also may be the name of a building.

Padma

Thanks, Dryad! I didn't want to usurp you!

I think this is about Anthony and Cleopatra - and Aegyptus used to be a Roman province! So, hidden in Egypt?

Padma

Ha! I found the coin - it does feature the head of Brutus, and it was minted in a travelling mint that went through Greece and Asia.

So - in Greece?

"Conversely, a silver denarius issued by Brutus in 43 or 42 BC (Figure 1.2), from a travelling mint which moved with his encampment through Greece and Asia, displays a humbly bare-headed portrait of Brutus the general. With him is conjoined, on the reverse, a cap of liberty (or the pilleus customarily granted to slaves on the death of their master). The cap is inserted between two daggers below which sits the clear legend EID[ES] MAR[TIAE]—an archaic spelling of the Ides of March, the day in 44 BC on which the minter, along with some of his fellow senators, killed Julius Caesar."

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/921532.html

bluelagune

Ceasar is the word and the place.

Padma

So then I guess congrats are in order for Dryad! :party: