How About the Star

Flames

Yes hope - and having faith that things will turn out. Super powerful force of manifestation.

Chi, Cosmic DNA, polarities - this is all very beautiful expression Flames!
"As much Wisdom as we are able to absorb" - now I like that. Such as I often think in my therapeutic work (or have faith in) - the Universe never sends me a case which I do not have the resources to handle - or if it does, I recognise this immediately and know where to refer them on (which one could see as the same thing anyway). This belief gives me the courage/strength to handle difficult cases. And the courage to dare - at all sorts of other things.

Hi Tanga!
Thank you for your response. :) I believe this, too, that we're never sent anything we're not able to deal with, whether as a practitioner working with a client or as a 'client' dealing with a serious issue. In the moment, for me, it always felt like it was 'too much', but, looking back, I saw that there was help and support, even in that sense of desperation...a quiet and persistent help had enveloped my space and atmosphere. This aid was always around even if I couldn't fully see or feel it at the time.

I was raised Roman Catholic, as well....Couldn't relate to the Mary and Jesus they spoke about. And, I certainly didn't 'fit in'. But, that upbringing helped shape me...It lead to all of THIS...Well, all of this was a part of me, to begin with, but my childhood experiences, magnified that longing in me to want to understand the Mysteries.

Oh - THAT. :) (what an interesting shining lady...).
Mine then, would be in my early teens on a school camping trip.
Walking back to camp along a hill one evening - I saw the full moon - a giant moon turned orange and seemingly floating down along the line of hills beside us companionably.
I was fascinated and filled with a strange 'Starriness' and yearning. I spent the night contemplating this - whilst everyone else was busy getting smashed on their secret stashes of alcohol.
This was the birth of my pagan practice - after many years a Roman Catholic that didn't quite 'fit in' (or 'believe') - and keeping my thoughts about this all to myself. I attended a school run by Irish nuns. :) Loreto Convent Msongari.

Your experience walking back to camp, and seeing the Moon and being filled with 'starriness' and 'yearning' (how beautiful!), triggered the memory of this dream I had back in November 2013, around the same time when I held the Star card in my hands. You'll appreciate this and I know ravenest will, too. :)

I was outside in the backyard of my childhood home, where my parents still live. Anyway, it's a cool and grey evening...about 8:30pm on a summer night...or it could be early morning. I see the Moon in the sky, the brightest I've ever seen it, and I realize, for a moment, I'm staring at its centre, or that I am the "centre"?? and suddenly, the Moon and the sky begin to shift and move to the right. At first, it seemed like the Moon was moving but then, I saw it was the earth. Things started to spin and I find myself trying really hard to follow the Moon with my eye so that I remain in the middle of it. And that's when a cluster of stars come down, in a strip, a wide band...swirling all around, in unison. There were big stars, little stars, all different sizes. They were a couple of inches away from me and I thought to move towards them, through them, to see what would happen, which I did. I stood still and let them do whatever :D. They were swirling in and out of me...It felt like they were meeting me half way. They had come "down" (what a gift!) but in order for me to "benefit" from their presence, I had to move towards them. One of the best healing dreams, ever!

Thanks for listening! :)

ravenest

:)

Is that what ignited your 'flames' ?

Tiggy-cat

I see - so what comes to mind for me here is naivete. The young pure and beautiful lady from fairy-tales who knows nothing of the 'evil' of the world and blunders into everything. Talking shamelessly to strangers, thanking faeries without knowing she's just made herself indepted to them etc.?

Yes, like that. Thank you for expanding on it. Of course, that's only a negative potential meaning to it, I wouldn't say I feel that that meaning should outweigh any others, but certainly naivete is one thing that comes to my mind w/the card.