How many decks do you guys have?

laurenhuang

How many decks do you guys have?Can one have too many decks?

I learnt that for Tarot, you can learn different things from different set of tarot decks... Same for Oracle .....

But for Lenormand, someone told me no matter what kind of deck design I get, the way of reading is fix and standard, so there is no need for me to get so many different decks...

is this true?

CrystalSeas

I can't count that high. Do you have a total?

gregory

I thought it said there....yes it does - 2256 + a few in book form.

MaeWasteland

I've got, I think, nine tarot decks, three oracle decks and two Lenormand decks.

My understanding is that, yes, Lenormand meanings are pretty set, and there's no great need to have multiple decks, however, there are an awful lot of pretty decks out there and it's probably not the end of the world to have more than one. There's also some decks which have extra/alternative cards (for example there's a few that have two versions of the Man and Woman cards) which can be useful for certain things, e.g. same-gender relationships, a pair of siblings, and so on.

I have one very 'standard' Lenormand (French Cartomancy with card inserts and kinda 18th Century type illustrations) and one called the Celtic Lenormand which has I think two of each of the people cards (I think including the Child card which isn't always included in alternate versions) plus, if I'm remembering right (I haven't used it a lot as yet, still getting to grips with Tarot so I decided to hold off on Lenormand for now) it also has a Cat card in addition to the Dog card (with its own meaning) and I think it has two or three options for the Bird card.

One point that's definitely worth considering with Lenormand cards is that, particularly when you're first learning, it can be really helpful to have very clear images so you can see at a glance that *this* card is the Letter while *that* card is the Key, and so on. So, some of the more arty decks may not be great for beginners. But once you've familiarised yourself with the system and got a good grip on it, you may find that you don't need quite such clear images and can look at something a bit more "out there".

For example, two gorgeous indie decks are the Moonshadow Lenormand https://www.etsy.com/listing/207677660/the-moonshadow-lenormand-card-deck-by and the Diana Lenormand https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/219...-by-alyzen-moonshadow?ref=shop_home_active_12 both by the same creator. They're both lovely looking, but for me the Moonshadow is FAR easier to look at and instantly know what each card is, so (as a beginner) if I was going to buy one, it would be that one. On the other hand, if I do buy another Lenormand deck in the future, it will probably be when I've done a fair bit of study with the decks I already have, in which case I may be more comfortable with a deck like the Diana where I have to look a little harder at some of the cards. (Of course, quite a number of the Diana cards are pretty easy to tell what they are! But overall it has quite a few that I'd have to think about for a moment/read the name.)

MizGrace

I have 15 counted today plus 3 on their way cosmic, spiral voyager. I feel like I have too many as I dont know if I will ever use them all. I have used them in the past and my favorite is my Bohemian Animal Tarot. I can see me swapping or selling some to have a collection of just Wiccan decks

Tigerangel

I have 12 tarot decks, 11 Oracle decks and 4 Lenormand decks.

And I plan on adding to them all when I can afford it 😀

Barleywine

Somewhere around 30 tarot decks (I haven't counted lately), five Lenormands and a couple of oracles. I really only use one or two of the tarots for reading, the rest were either bought for the art or fall into the "What was I thinking?" category. As far as getting any more, I've been very choosy in the last couple of years. I want at least six more modern tarot decks (ha, good luck with that, I tell myself), two more Marseille decks, two or three more Lenormands, and possibly another oracle or two. Lately I've only been buying a handful of decks (counted on the fingers of one hand) each year.

Zephyros

I think I have around ten decks, but I've always been pretty monogamous when it comes to decks, and at some point I found my "one" and lost interest in getting any more. From time to time I will different decks for variety but I've definitely found my niche and don't get just any deck, one maybe every two or three years.