How many Professional Readers do we have?

Do you read Professionally?

• Yes - It's how I make my living

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Yes - Part time but not as my sole living

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • No - But I'm looking to start

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • No - I just read for myself/friends/family and I'm happy that way

Votes: 55 43.3%
  • What's Tarot?

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Phoenix Rising

I voted No, but looking at starting. I'm going to do my first public fair in August at a psychic fair. I'm the sort of person, who if I'm half good at something, I'll give it a shot! No time like the present, and taking the first step is the hardest step. My nephew and son are going to do a website for me too, so it gives me something to look forward too, while I'm at home, with my kids.

Little Baron

Will you be reading playing cards, Pheonix. I am sure I am not the only one that thinks you are very good at that! Wish you all the best.

LB

lark

I voted yes, it is how I make my sole living.
I work on weekends at the True Gifted Spirit Wellness Fair.
I also have a client base that likes phone readings so that's nice work for my time at home.

I have a sweet husband who has a good job and he is willing to support me in the luxury to which I have become accustomed. ;)
So that I can do my tarot work, and still pursue my main goal of becoming a lazy lay about, good for nothing, shiftless dreamer. :D

Phoenix Rising

Hi Little Buddha

LittleBuddha said:
Will you be reading playing cards, Pheonix. I am sure I am not the only one that thinks you are very good at that! Wish you all the best.

Hi Little Buddha, how are you mate? yes I will be doing "Playing cards" and you are very good at it too!
I just encourage anyone to give it a go!

Little Baron

Thanks Pheonix. Havn't used mine in a while but they will come out again, I am sure.

Look forward to hearing how your fayre goes and hopefully, seeing the website when it is up and running.

Take care
LB

tmgrl2

I just retired and now have the time to do more readings.....I do some for family and friends, but the few that I do for others, are for sitters who come to me through referrals....

And yes...I charge.

Or, in some cases, I barter....reading for massage...for example.

When I have a request for a reading, I read and charge.

terri

I read because I love to read for others and I charge because I believe one should charge. Sliding scales if I feel it is appropriate. I have turned down a couple of party-reading-events already....mostly time...but I would rather not do the kind of readings where I feel I am the "party favor" everyone sees after they have had enough to drink to "try it." LOL

I have three people expecting readings some time during next month. So I will schedule those soon.

When I read for live sitters initially, I was very new (and still am now!)...so I would say, "Just get me a gift card for Starbucks."

Most people expect to pay, but as Fulguor said, professional doesn't necessarily mean must pay....as I said, sliding scale, barter... I read because it is now a part of what I hope to do during the latter part of my life.

Fairawen

I put No, but am looking to start. I've done various readings here on the Reading Exchange, but I think it would be a bit easier for me to sit with the person, so that my speculations can be immediatly either confirmed or denied. :p

Of course, it'll be extremely difficult to do readings for anyone when I'm living at home, and my parents are ready to kill me as it is, and if they see one more tarot card they're just gonna haul off and burn my deck... *cringe* So... soon. :p

~Fairawen~

Fulgour

None of the Above

Money is not always the most important factor.
Self-expression and utilisation of talents matters
as well, and even a volunteer needn't be classed
as an amateur... professionals come in all forms.

~Fulgour
International Professional Tarot Reader

Merriam-Webster Online

Main Entry: pro·fes·sion
Pronunciation: pr&-'fe-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English professioun, from Old French profession, from Late Latin & Latin; Late Latin profession-, professio, from Latin, public declaration, from profitEri
1 : the act of taking the vows of a religious community
2 : an act of openly declaring or publicly claiming a belief, faith, or opinion : PROTESTATION
3 : an avowed religious faith
4 a : a calling requiring specialized knowledge and often long and intensive academic preparation b : a principal calling, vocation, or employment c : the whole body of persons engaged in a calling

Alta

No for me as well. A couple of people have given me small tokens for readings (unasked). Too chicken to read for strangers face to face.

MeeWah

Yes - Part time but not as my sole living

I read professionally part-time & hold a regular job full-time.