I dreamt of Cerunnos

Rabbit

I know he is of the pagan religion. When I was falling asleep and then waking up the name was in my head. I do not recall an actual dream. I have not read about him (until after this dream name.)
What could this mean?
Thanks

Tarotphelia

That is very interesting ! It could be a hint from a guide that you should study him , or a past life slip, or just a nudge from the subconscious that there is something for you to learn in that direction .

chrisam-crystals

so you have NEVER heard of the name Cernunnos until your dream?

if so, then it is obviously a sign from the earths energy that you should pursue him.

perhaps you were of the pagan or celtic religion at some point in creation, and it is a regressed memory seeping through?

jue xx

Rabbit

Thanks Dark Inquisitor,

I am going in that direction. I have been looking for a book on him, but I can only find short blips on websites.

Rabbit

chrisam-crystals said:
so you have NEVER heard of the name Cernunnos until your dream?

if so, then it is obviously a sign from the earths energy that you should pursue him.

perhaps you were of the pagan or celtic religion at some point in creation, and it is a regressed memory seeping through?

jue xx

I am ashamed to say that I hadn't heard of him. Except I briefly came across his name in a book. I think it was a small blurb, just saying he had antlers or something. I cannot remember the name of the book and now I am obsessed with him.

chrisam-crystals

well in that case it could be a repressed memory coming forward - or being brought forward by your guide or god or goddess.

you must be meant to look up him up.....perhaps you need his energy at this time in your life?

it may be hard to find a book devoted totally to him, but here is an excellent article about him....and also some recommended books too.

http://www.isisbooks.com/cernunnos.asp

jue xx

brenmck

XV - Cernunnos - Druidcraft Tarot

No one has mentioned so far that Cernunnos is card XV in the Druidcraft Tarot, replacing the Devil of traditional decks.

"The horned god of fertility."

~B~

Rabbit

I have read the article. Two things come to mind. I have been praying and thanking the Triple Goddess lately. I am thinking she has sent him to me because I am omitting him in my prayers or more likely, he has been sent to me for protection, as I have been asking for it.

Brenmck, I do not have the Druidcraft deck. Perhaps that is why that was not mentioned. Now, I should look into that too.

Fulgour

Gold amidst the Dross (of Google)

Cernunnos - Google Image Search: Click On.

A fun way of searching is to use Google Images.
And you get articles ~ because the images are
linked to those...and good articles with pictures.

star-lover

cernunnos

where does this word come from?

its reminding me of the greek c/keraunos which means thunder or lightning but i might be on wrong path here

i know horns in greek is kerata or cerata - dont know if thats a connection between pan, the devil and lightning lol