interpreting with other readers

tarotqueen215

I am reading in two expos and one of them I am sharing space with a friend.
I am conducting readings for individuals and she is set to do readings too. We have two totally different styles.

I tried doing a reading with her. it didn't work out because she was coming at me with her interpretation and I was drawing dead with the exception of two cards. Her energy is very scattered. She is comfortable with the Celtic cross, and reading with my other friend who is going to be helping at the booth.

I am a broad reader that does 21 card past present future reading. She also wanted to predict illness. That I don't like because I feel is unethical.

I feel unnerved with her reading with me. I could not concentrate. I don't read well with her. Now I'm going to be at this expo and just thinking ugggggh. My friend is pushing me to double bill.

Have any of you experienced reading with other readers?

magpie9

For whatever it's worth, in that kind of situation I usually just focus really hard and block out the other reader and surrounding noise. Sometimes styles work together, sometimes not...the main thing is not to be thrown by it to the point where you can't do a good job. Some readers can do well reading on he hood of a car in a high wind at a sports rally, others need quiet serene surroundings. Nothing wrong in asking for what you need.
Best of luck with it!

tarotqueen215

Thank you

Thanks so much for the help.

tarotbear

You two do not sound like 'matched' readers and I would recommend, IMHO, that you conduct separate readings for separate Querents. If you are sharing a space, I would recommend a folding screen between you, or hanging a blanket that divides 'your reading space' from 'her reading space'; your Querents will find this better, too.

nondairyrogue

I agree with tarotbear, but I think you should also let your "spacemate" know that you'll be using something like that. Be honest with her and let her know that you don't feel like your energies "get along" (but don't say it's her fault! you probably already know this:D) so she doesn't try to get you to join her readings.

tarotbear

It's kinda like when you and your roommate both want to listen to 'your' music at the same time in separate rooms; you can't keep turning up the volume to drown out the other's music, so you have to reach a compromise level.

Morwenna

You don't say how large your space is. I know from reading at renfairs that it's common for two readers to share a 10X10 roof; we used to get 4 of us under a 10X20. We never really clashed. Especially if you're outdoors, the sound tends to dissipate, and there will be outside ambient noise as well to help muffle the impact of your tent neighbor.

If you will have walls enclosing your space, however, that could be a problem. Do try the dividing-curtain method in that case.

Good luck!

tarotqueen215

Many thanks

Wonderful responses. I am extremely considerate of individual tarot readers. I have been honest about this and have received a luke warm response. I am going press for a curtain. Her and I have done readings together but we been separate.

Thanks again.

tarotqueen215

Thanks

Wonderful responses. I am extremely considerate of individual tarot readers. I have been honest about this and have received a luke warm response. I am going press for a curtain. Her and I have done readings together but we been separate.

Thanks again.

Grizabella

Think of it like if you were to share a space with other people who do the same handicraft you do. Painting, for instance. You'd all have your own style, right? I think it's to be expected that your styles are different unless she were to tell you that you have to read exactly like she does. I don't really see a problem unless you've gotten a lot more business than she has at the end of the day. Then, depending on what sort of person she is, there could be a problem with attitude. :p

Separation of space sounds like a good idea. But if you can't do that, then just concentrate on your own readings and block out any thoughts that try to sneak in about your reading differences. I'm guessing that once you get busy with readings, you won't really notice what she's doing and vice versa. :)

I wish you all the best with it.