It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

rachelcat

Btw is this how this thread works? Did i do it right?

:)
You're doing it SO right! Asking for enabling and handing some out, too. That's the way to do it!

You need the Metamorphosis and Dream Cards! Like you said, because they're by the same artist. I shuffled them together into one deck as an experiment, and they definitely belong that way. They're surreal in a very good way. If you're attracted to the artwork you see online, you won't be disappointed. (The backs aren't very good, but I can't say that because this is the enabling thread!)

I also like the suit themes of the Metamorphosis: Metamorphosis in myths, in literature, human-machine hybrids, and something else. (I can't remember which suit is which or the fourth one. I'll check and let you know.) So if you like myths, lit, or scifi, it's great!

Now Sacred Sites. You also need it, especially if you like to do research. I learned so much when I first got this deck! (And my collection of sacred places books--and decks--is growing . . .) But you can get plenty of info from Wikipedia. The art is a little quirky, but the attributions of sites to cards is great!

Oh, and Llewellyn is having a tarot sale starting on August 11, so you can probably pick them all up for a song! (But check to make sure the prices are less than Amazon's . . .)

So there's my enabling for the week. Enjoy!

And thanks for reminding me of Soul Cards. I'm not enamored of the artwork, but I am intrigued by the "just read the pictures" aspect . . . We'll see about them. So your enabling done, too!

DesertDream

You're doing it SO right! Asking for enabling and handing some out, too. That's the way to do it!

You need the Metamorphosis and Dream Cards! Like you said, because they're by the same artist. I shuffled them together into one deck as an experiment, and they definitely belong that way. They're surreal in a very good way. If you're attracted to the artwork you see online, you won't be disappointed. (The backs aren't very good, but I can't say that because this is the enabling thread!)

I also like the suit themes of the Metamorphosis: Metamorphosis in myths, in literature, human-machine hybrids, and something else. (I can't remember which suit is which or the fourth one. I'll check and let you know.) So if you like myths, lit, or scifi, it's great!

Now Sacred Sites. You also need it, especially if you like to do research. I learned so much when I first got this deck! (And my collection of sacred places books--and decks--is growing . . .) But you can get plenty of info from Wikipedia. The art is a little quirky, but the attributions of sites to cards is great!

Oh, and Llewellyn is having a tarot sale starting on August 11, so you can probably pick them all up for a song! (But check to make sure the prices are less than Amazon's . . .)

So there's my enabling for the week. Enjoy!

And thanks for reminding me of Soul Cards. I'm not enamored of the artwork, but I am intrigued by the "just read the pictures" aspect . . . We'll see about them. So your enabling done, too!

Hi rachelcat your so sweet and cool you can sell a bag of sugar to a diabetic and ice to a polar bear! Im so glad someone answered me! And it looks like we have similar taste too. Mixing dream cards with metamorphis that will blow my mind! Cant wait to try it. Would you be interested in maybe a deck study? PM me if you wish to talk about the deck further. I love soul cards i did a lot of good readings with them in the oracle section if youd like to have a look. If you like the concept of just images try maybe the john waterhouse? (I think) oracle. Dont have it but its beautiful and you might like it. And thanks for the tip on the sale a sale can hopefully fit my budget. But i dont mind cheap used decks on amazon if they have no damage. Im big on reading and i hear metamorphis cones with book reccommendations! Ah this love at first site tis true! Id also like to talk to you about sacred sites the art is stunning like tarot of 1001 nights but darn them they suffer from small deck syndrom. Master art work but to small of cards. Im not complety sold on it yet.
Hope to hear from you!

Scarlet Woodland

MRP have a great reputation. The moment their decks are unavailable, the prices skyrocket. Regard it as a financial investment. Who knows, in fifteen years you might be able to buy a flash car with it.

He's a Judeo-Christian gyp! <kicks Mr Guilt inna fork>

<thinks very hard> I can't see a flaw in your thinking.

Thanks Nisiba and RiverRunsDeep :)

Will be ordering my Alice birthday treats tomorrow guilt free :D

rachelcat

Thanks for your note. I really can't sell refrigerators to Eskimos, only tarot decks to tarot fanatics!

Here are the suits:
Chalices -- The Metamorphoses of Myth
Pentacles -- The Posthumous Metamorphoses ("It is the age of uniting flesh and metal.")
Wands -- The Metamorphoses of Nature ("the spiritual flurry of ceaseless evolution")
Swords -- The Metamorphoses of Thought (literature, drama, art)

DesertDream

Thanks for your note. I really can't sell refrigerators to Eskimos, only tarot decks to tarot fanatics!

Here are the suits:
Chalices -- The Metamorphoses of Myth
Pentacles -- The Posthumous Metamorphoses ("It is the age of uniting flesh and metal.")
Wands -- The Metamorphoses of Nature ("the spiritual flurry of ceaseless evolution")
Swords -- The Metamorphoses of Thought (literature, drama, art)

Sounds just like my cuppa. Pentacles sound scary tho haha. Youd make a fortune selling decks! Thank you for your input. Would you like to discuss these decks further in PM?

RiverRunsDeep

The Basic Tarot

I am doing this in the incorrect order; the deck is already on its way,
and now I am looking for enabling. :D

I found the Basic Tarot
at a ridiculously, irresistibly low price on Amazon. To be honest, it was the
card backs that drew me in! Does anyone own this deck, who can tell me
what is amazing and fabulous about it? Thanks!

MissChiff

Okay, I've got 2 decks that I can't stop thinking about...feel free to push me over the edge!

- Robert Place's 4th ed. of the Alchemical, plus book- due out this month

- Tarot of the Holy Light, plus book

Both decks are priced well, until you add in the cost of the book, and I want both! lol

Are we both on the same wavelength or what?? I have been agonizing over this exact same delimma. Great minds must think alike! Somebody please.....

Padma

Okay, I've got 2 decks that I can't stop thinking about...feel free to push me over the edge!

Both decks are priced well, until you add in the cost of the book, and I want both! lol

Are we both on the same wavelength or what?? I have been agonizing over this exact same delimma. Great minds must think alike! Somebody please.....

So so so strange. The last post here was in July, so I really had to hunt down this thread. And why was I coming here? To ask about the Tarot of the Holy Light! :laugh: funny coincidence!

The deck immediately reminded me of Place's Alchemical, just way way more "decorated" :p

As I could not decide if I wanted to buy the deck or not (I think the colours were really seducing my eyes) I bought the Fool's Dog app in lieu.

Anyone have the deck? Mischiff and SwedishFish, did you buy it? Impressions? Anyone? Worth it to buy the paper deck...?

Madrigal

So so so strange. The last post here was in July, so I really had to hunt down this thread. And why was I coming here? To ask about the Tarot of the Holy Light! :laugh: funny coincidence!

The deck immediately reminded me of Place's Alchemical, just way way more "decorated" :p

As I could not decide if I wanted to buy the deck or not (I think the colours were really seducing my eyes) I bought the Fool's Dog app in lieu.

Anyone have the deck? Mischiff and SwedishFish, did you buy it? Impressions? Anyone? Worth it to buy the paper deck...?

I have both of these decks. I can confidently enable you both on the TotHL. This is a wonderful deck with such depth of imagery you can get lost in the cards. Plus there's something...visceral? dynamic? about the deck. I love it. Guide book on the app is stellar!

Sadly I can only disenable you on the Alchemical 4th. I really wanted to like this deck but it along with the Sevenfold Mystery leave me wanting, somehow left out of the picture. I think I just don't resonate with Robert Places's art. I like it in theory but when it comes to interacting with the cards I'm not there. However I'm in a handful of maybe two other people who feel this way. So there's that lol.

Padma

Actually, Madrigal, while I love Place's art, and love looking at the decks, I do not read with them. Can't get there! So I totally get it.

I do love the Holy Light, it seems like some wild explosion of colour and meaning! I am loving the app, and finding it also very accurate - so I may find it easy to get the paper deck after all! Thanks for the push in the right direction :) The Holy Light seems - alive, in a very positive way! :thumbsup: