It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

FLizarraga

because there is a sucker born every minute...and you are way too intelligent to go down their road...

That's a nice sentiment, AJ... But like I said, the deed is done... :bugeyed:

The thing is, I got that deck through a trade the first time, and fell in love forever. And then sold it. And finally I decided that I would pay whatever it took to get it back. Can't say I did, because I got a really, really fair (to me) deal from a lovely ATer. But, well, I love that deck to pieces, in all its incarnations.

(I have thoroughly enabled myself, haven't I?)

JylliM

That's a nice sentiment, AJ... But like I said, the deed is done... :bugeyed:

The thing is, I got that deck through a trade the first time, and fell in love forever. And then sold it. And finally I decided that I would pay whatever it took to get it back. Can't say I did, because I got a really, really fair (to me) deal from a lovely ATer. But, well, I love that deck to pieces, in all its incarnations.

(I have thoroughly enabled myself, haven't I?)

If you didn't get them back those cats would be thoroughly miffed.

Edited to fix typo. I managed to insult the cats by calling them cars.

FLizarraga

If you didn't get them back those cars would be thoroughly miffed.

It's a bit of a boomerang deck for me, apparently.

P.S. By the way, every time I read the title of this thread, THIS is what comes to my poor, twisted mind...

nisaba

The Wonderland is just so damn quirky that you simply can't not add it to your collection. The Sun and Moon is pretty. The Barbara Walker has gods and goddesses and is multicultural. What's not to love, indeed need, about that?

You're evil.

Get two of each, as I'm planning to do when the Maria Celia comes out in a tin. The tins get scratched and dinged, so you need one to keep pristine.

<admiring look> You're *evil*.

nisaba

You're really saving yourself money. You can buy all three for less than the price of one independent deck. Be thrifty with your Tarot purchasing! 👍🏻

Gosh! <clicks on "buy now">

Well done!

nisaba

This is a little bit after the fact, I'm afraid, but can anyone tell me why I don't need the Baroque Bohemian Cats Gold... again...? :rolleyes:

Um ... because this thread doesn't do de-enabling?

And why I do?

If you came here at all, it's self-evident that you need it desperately. The more gold decks are out tehre in the world, the more respectable Tarot becomes in mainstream society. Look upon it as a worthy political act.

nisaba

because there is a sucker born every minute...and you are way too intelligent to go down their road...

Argh! <tears out hair>

JylliM

It's a bit of a boomerang deck for me, apparently.

P.S. By the way, every time I read the title of this thread, THIS is what comes to my poor, twisted mind...

Very appropriate. That video should be embedded in the thread title!

FLizarraga

Get two of each, as I'm planning to do when the Maria Celia comes out in a tin. The tins get scratched and dinged, so you need one to keep pristine.

The Maria Celia is coming... out... in a tin?

<repeatedly banging head against desk> IT... NEVER... ENDS!!!! IT... JUST... NEVER... ENDS!!!

If you didn't get them back those cats would be thoroughly miffed.

Edited to fix typo. I managed to insult the cats by calling them cars.

The funny part is that I thought you mean cards, not cats, but one way or the other you're totally right, and the karmic boomerang is headed my way.

Um ... because this thread doesn't do de-enabling?

I only noticed after the fact that I had posted in the wrong thread. But of course that's a whopper of a Freudian slip, as of course I didn't want to be de-enabled... :rolleyes:

If you came here at all, it's self-evident that you need it desperately. The more gold decks are out tehre in the world, the more respectable Tarot becomes in mainstream society. Look upon it as a worthy political act.

Thank you for this. Now I know that getting my golden kitties back is an act of social justice, and will bring global peace and a golden age of Tarot unto the world. <cue Ode to Joy>

JylliM

The Maria Celia is coming... out... in a tin?

<repeatedly banging head against desk> IT... NEVER... ENDS!!!! IT... JUST... NEVER... ENDS!!!

The funny part is that I thought you mean cards, not cats, but one way or the other you're totally right, and the karmic boomerang is headed my way.

I only noticed after the fact that I had posted in the wrong thread. But of course that's a whopper of a Freudian slip, as of course I didn't want to be de-enabled... :rolleyes:

Thank you for this. Now I know that getting my golden kitties back is an act of social justice, and will bring global peace and a golden age of Tarot unto the world. <cue Ode to Joy>
You forgot to link to this:

https://youtu.be/ScFXRVO6CoA